Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 Jan 2021, 16:45 (Ref:4027683)   #151
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I get a 6
Old 8 Jan 2021, 16:49 (Ref:4027684)   #152
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm in category 8 and would hope to have had at least my first jab by the end of May, but to be honest, I see the biggest obstacle, in terms of the virus being appropriately under control enough for the race to go ahead in June, being the combination of both the lack of urgency being applied to the vaccine rollout in France and the reluctance of the French to be vaccinated... just 40% did I read according to a recent poll?

Last edited by Bentley03; 8 Jan 2021 at 16:55.
Old 8 Jan 2021, 16:58 (Ref:4027688)   #153
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Categories are different in every country of course.

As a single working male, I am almost bottom category in Belgium.
According to the lastest plan (which seem to change every day) I can expect to get a vaccine somewhere between June and September.
Old 8 Jan 2021, 21:19 (Ref:4027731)   #154
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am group 5 so should be done well before June, but who knows how it will work out. I have to keep positive, but as long as I het to attend a race at Le Sarthe, June or September makes little difference to me.

Sean
Old 9 Jan 2021, 06:31 (Ref:4027789)   #155
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I'm not in any of those categories
Old 9 Jan 2021, 10:12 (Ref:4027809)   #156
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's because you're a youngster!
Old 9 Jan 2021, 12:57 (Ref:4027835)   #157
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It’s nice to know 30 is still considered young by some!
Old 9 Jan 2021, 13:16 (Ref:4027839)   #158
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well 30 is, in fact several of us here have actually attended more than 30 24 hours of le mans races
Old 9 Jan 2021, 17:42 (Ref:4027860)   #159
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Vaccination = entry for anything, not just Le Mans, is going to be so problematic I just can't see it being a reality.
Old 10 Jan 2021, 20:04 (Ref:4028005)   #160
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The only thing we know is that the ticket office is not still open. Even for the motorbikes 24 h in april......Uncertainly stays.

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 11 Jan 2021, 12:13 (Ref:4028141)   #161
Tique
Racer

France
Paris
Tique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In Israel, when you get the vaccine, you have a "green passport" and you can go to the restaurant, cinema, ....

But they are well ahead agnainst us for a percentage of the population done 20%.
Old 11 Jan 2021, 12:18 (Ref:4028142)   #162
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
ACO have to sort money before anything is going to be confirmed This covers four major meetings there this year.It’s the long circuit that costs
Old 11 Jan 2021, 12:18 (Ref:4028143)   #163
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tique View Post
In Israel, when you get the vaccine, you have a "green passport" and you can go to the restaurant, cinema, ....

But they are well ahead agnainst us for a percentage of the population done 20%.
The same is underway in Denmark.
Old 11 Jan 2021, 12:57 (Ref:4028148)   #164
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
In Belgium,
as it currently stands if you got the vaccine you get no more liberties as those that have not yet been vaccinated.

And rightly so, in my opinion!
It would be hugely unfair to give a small group of people some (or a lot of) liberties just because they happen to be top of the list in the vaccines categories list.
That would create even more lobbying to get near the top of the list.
Old 11 Jan 2021, 13:04 (Ref:4028151)   #165
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
In Belgium,
as it currently stands if you got the vaccine you get no more liberties as those that have not yet been vaccinated.

And rightly so, in my opinion!
It would be hugely unfair to give a small group of people some (or a lot of) liberties just because they happen to be top of the list in the vaccines categories list.
That would create even more lobbying to get near the top of the list.
And a big market for fake documentation, very dangerous.
Old 11 Jan 2021, 13:36 (Ref:4028156)   #166
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As far as I'm aware, there is nothing being given to those having received the vaccine to prove the fact, although their health records will be suitably noted. It's difficult to understand as well why 'passports' would be given, unless some of the people have already had their second dose? For those of us well down 'the list' for a vaccination, it does seem very strange to let loose those who've had a jab... As I understand it, the vaccination doesn't mean you can't get Covid, it means the effects are likely to be much less - or have I misunderstood that?
Old 11 Jan 2021, 13:41 (Ref:4028160)   #167
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
As far as I'm aware, there is nothing being given to those having received the vaccine to prove the fact, although their health records will be suitably noted. It's difficult to understand as well why 'passports' would be given, unless some of the people have already had their second dose? For those of us well down 'the list' for a vaccination, it does seem very strange to let loose those who've had a jab... As I understand it, the vaccination doesn't mean you can't get Covid, it means the effects are likely to be much less - or have I misunderstood that?
I think that depends on which virus you receive.
What is reported is that the Pfizer developed vaccine should give you about 6-10 months immunity, when succesfull.
However the same article stated that the vaccine - like getting over the actual virus will have an independant effect on each person, as it is all about the personal immune system developing the resilience.

Many who get over the COVID-19 virus with close to no symptoms do not evolve the antibodies at all and can get infected over-and-over again.
Old 11 Jan 2021, 20:56 (Ref:4028241)   #168
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
ACO have to sort money before anything is going to be confirmed This covers four major meetings there this year.It’s the long circuit that costs
A big part of the long circuit is a public road. So this part doesn't cost so much to the ACO.

Old 11 Jan 2021, 21:30 (Ref:4028243)   #169
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Does the ACO have to pay the local council or the department for the road closure Eric?
Old 11 Jan 2021, 21:49 (Ref:4028248)   #170
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Sadly I'm sure you're all well aware of the disfunction on my side of the pond, so who knows what is happening or going to happen over here as far as the vaccine is concerned. I'm 44, and my wife is also 44. I did a little question and answer thing on the New York Times website a few weeks back, where is your place in line? It had a graphic of 100 people, put in your details, age, location, industry, and then it would show you your place in line. I was 99th in line. My wife same age, same location, but she's a nurse. First in line! I totally get it, just thought that the difference between us was funny.

She'd taken some time off work due to an injury. She went back to work last week (yes, the situation in a hospital in California is as dire as the reporting from the news), she's getting pinned this week...
Old 12 Jan 2021, 07:30 (Ref:4028327)   #171
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Can you borrow her uniform put on some makeup and a nice wig and jump the queue? Or go right to the top of the list by becoming a politician. Only joking but here the arguments as to who gets the jab and in what order has produced some heated discussions for certain. I am still hopeful for 2021 or should i say desperate that we will be able to do something.
Old 12 Jan 2021, 19:36 (Ref:4028504)   #172
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Quote:
Does the ACO have to pay the local council or the department for the road closure Eric?
I don't know exactly. What I know is that the road is closed by the local public road department.some private companies help.

Old 12 Jan 2021, 20:27 (Ref:4028511)   #173
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
I don't know exactly. What I know is that the road is closed by the local public road department.some private companies help.

Andrew, the works on the circuit are paid by the local authorities ( Le Mans, the district of Le Mans, La Sarthe Département and the region) pay the works all around the circuit

Old 12 Jan 2021, 20:29 (Ref:4028512)   #174
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Andrew, the works on the circuit are paid by the local authorities ( Le Mans, the district of Le Mans, La Sarthe Département and the region) pay the works all around the circuit

Thanks Eric. Presumably on the basis of the huge economic boost that the race week brings to the area....
Old 13 Jan 2021, 11:07 (Ref:4028665)   #175
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Thanks Eric. Presumably on the basis of the huge economic boost that the race week brings to the area....
Hopefully?