Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Sep 2002, 13:28 (Ref:370391)   #1
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Schumacher takes his Tenth in Belgium, Ties Record (Results)

Belgium: Grand Prix

P. No Pilote Team - Moteur Pneus Ecarts/Trs Moyenne ArrĂȘts
1. 1 M.SCHUMACHER Ferrari B 1h21'20"634 Km/h 2
2. 2 BARRICHELLO Ferrari B + 0'01"900 226.057 Km/h 2
3. 6 MONTOYA Williams BMW M + 0'18"400 225.296 Km/h 2
4. 3 COULTHARD McLaren Mercedes M + 0'19"300 225.254 Km/h 2
5. 5 R.SCHUMACHER Williams BMW M + 1'07"100 223.078 Km/h 2
6. 16 IRVINE Jaguar Cosworth M + 1'21"900 222.413 Km/h 2
7. 24 SALO Toyota M + 1'23"200 222.355 Km/h 2
8. 11 VILLENEUVE BAR Honda B + 1'26"200 222.220 Km/h 2
9. 25 MCNISH Toyota M 1 lap(s) 2
10. 7 HEIDFELD Sauber Petronas B 1 lap(s) 2
11. 10 SATO Jordan Honda B 1 lap(s) 2
12. 12 PANIS BAR Honda B 5 lap(s) 2
13. 9 FISICHELLA Jordan Honda B 6 lap(s) 1
14. 17 DE LA ROSA Jaguar Cosworth M 7 lap(s) 2
15. 8 MASSA Sauber Petronas B 7 lap(s) 2
16. 4 RAIKKONEN McLaren Mercedes M 9 lap(s) 2
17. 14 TRULLI Renault M 9 lap(s) 2
18. 22 DAVIDSON Minardi Asiatech M 27 lap(s) 0
19. 15 BUTTON Renault M 34 lap(s) 0
20. 23 WEBBER Minardi Asiatech M 40 lap(s) 0

Non official results - Information courtesy of : http://www.f1-live.com

Last edited by EERO; 1 Sep 2002 at 13:31.
Old 1 Sep 2002, 13:34 (Ref:370396)   #2
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another snoozefest.

Wake me up when there's some real racing, perhaps next year if we are lucky.
Old 1 Sep 2002, 13:41 (Ref:370404)   #3
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
zzzzz.... wha...?

Oh, is it over?
Old 1 Sep 2002, 13:44 (Ref:370408)   #4
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It takes a certain kind of talent to enable Spa Francorchamps to reduce race fans to catatonia. Bernie Ecclestone's a palpable genius.

I knew I should have gone to Donington this afternoon instead. I just knew it.
Old 1 Sep 2002, 13:48 (Ref:370415)   #5
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
the typical 10 Tenths member in 40 years

Eh? What's that sonny? ....Yeah, sure I remember what's his name-you know that German feller-boy, he sure drove like the devil. Yep, I consider myself lucky to have seen it though. No one's matched that level of dominance since. History! It was history being made right before our eyes!

Felt bad for that little Brazilian guy though, you know his teammate...Barrra...Barrichello! That's it!. Yep, he was better'n than History remembers him, but no match for the champion.
Old 1 Sep 2002, 13:49 (Ref:370416)   #6
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
well that was a(nother) lost afternoon and to think i actually looked forward to this. its sad to think that one of the great power circuits - one of the few real circuits provided us with a race as meaningless and boring as say the Hungaroring.

i really mean this, i am upset about this that my favourite sport is turning into a commercial fanfare and glorified carnival procession.

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 1 Sep 2002, 13:51 (Ref:370419)   #7
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally posted by TimD
It takes a certain kind of talent to enable Spa Francorchamps to reduce race fans to catatonia. Bernie Ecclestone's a palpable genius.
Maybe Bernie will decide that Spa can remain on the callendar after all as the Belgians have proven that they can run dull races as well!

Last edited by EERO; 1 Sep 2002 at 13:52.
Old 1 Sep 2002, 13:56 (Ref:370422)   #8
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jeee whiz, that was a howler. Some reasonable battles but.... oh who cares. Where was the rain????????

It's not TGF's fault. Where where the rest of the field?? I mean it was just too easy. Too easy by half.
Old 1 Sep 2002, 14:01 (Ref:370429)   #9
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Its not Bernie's fault either. Its Dennis, Haug, Williams, and Head that have to do their homework in the winter. Otherwise, we'll be seeing this for (at least) two more years.
Old 1 Sep 2002, 14:01 (Ref:370430)   #10
Legend
Veteran

Legend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
the typical 10 Tenths member in 40 years

Eh? What's that sonny? ....Yeah, sure I remember what's his name-you know that German feller-boy, he sure drove like the devil. Yep, I consider myself lucky to have seen it though. No one's matched that level of dominance since. History! It was history being made right before our eyes!

Felt bad for that little Brazilian guy though, you know his teammate...Barrra...Barrichello! That's it!. Yep, he was better'n than History remembers him, but no match for the champion.
Thanks EERO

Love ya

One of the few men not fond of Schumacher that is fair. You sure have my respect!

Viva EERO
Old 1 Sep 2002, 14:03 (Ref:370431)   #11
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
You mean because he said that Barelyfellow is no match for TGF? My pet cat knows that.
Old 1 Sep 2002, 14:10 (Ref:370447)   #12
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apart from their being no racing for 1st place , the rest of the pack had some great battles in !...

Well done to Irvine in 6th place .
Old 1 Sep 2002, 14:10 (Ref:370448)   #13
Legend
Veteran

Inigo Montoya
Did you read that too, my friend?

"...he sure drove like the devil. Yep, I consider myself lucky to have seen it though. No one's matched that level of dominance since. History! It was history being made right before our eyes!"
Old 1 Sep 2002, 14:12 (Ref:370451)   #14
Spiddy-Spid
Rookie

Spiddy-Spid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey quit complaining about how dull the race was, at least the belgian director didn't just fix his camera on the front runners all race. We saw plenty of Villeneuve early on in the race and his battles on his way through the field. At least they made an effort to make it as exciting as possible.
Old 1 Sep 2002, 14:12 (Ref:370453)   #15
Kex
Veteran

England
The Palace of Dreams
Kex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Villeneuve seemed to be enjoying himself.
Old 1 Sep 2002, 14:13 (Ref:370454)   #16
Legend
Veteran

Besides, what impressed me the most in the race was the JV's pass over Fisi, one of the best overtakings this year, no doubt!

Great job done Jacque
Old 1 Sep 2002, 14:16 (Ref:370457)   #17
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Legend
Besides, what impressed me the most in the race was the JV's pass over Fisi, one of the best overtakings this year, no doubt!

Great job done Jacque
best out of erm *NJ thinks hard here*...1...7...8...10...

about 11!!! sorry but the crown goes to Juan against Kimi hockenheim, hands down.

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 1 Sep 2002, 14:30 (Ref:370470)   #18
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Aww Legend, relax.. I was just trying to say that it is a foregone conclusion that anyone who partners TGF will look like a fool.

Bravo Schummi e Forza Ferrari!
Old 1 Sep 2002, 14:30 (Ref:370471)   #19
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Maybe Bernie will decide that Spa can remain on the callendar after all as the Belgians have proven that they can run dull races as well!

That really was boring. With F1 as dull as it is now, I was hoping for Spa to throw up something interesting, but evidently not.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 1 Sep 2002, 14:31 (Ref:370472)   #20
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Felt bad for that little Brazilian guy though, you know his teammate...Barrra...Barrichello!
Rubens must wonder what he has to do, Although he said he had set up problems this morning, (he did have the choice of 2 cars) he choose the harder tyre which should have been better for the race, and still, TGF on the softer tyres managed to make his car go as far as Rubens did.

On his slow down lap, TGF did say that todays car/tyres was the best he'd ever had though!
Old 1 Sep 2002, 14:39 (Ref:370482)   #21
Legend
Veteran

Number Juan

I am not a great fan of either Monty or Jacky, but I liked what I so and as I said it was "one of the best overtakings"which could be on out of 5 or 10 best list or what ever. It was one of the best! The way he glided his car in that swing was amazing! Remember Montoya's overtaking was made possible thanks to the remote control from the Williams paddock!
Old 1 Sep 2002, 14:52 (Ref:370505)   #22
eatapc
Veteran

eatapc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Flaming Fisi

For "The Fast & the Furious" crowd, we saw one of the best engine explosions of all time. Well, done Honda! If you can't win, at least have 'em blow up in style.
Old 1 Sep 2002, 14:53 (Ref:370506)   #23
Legend
Veteran

I have never seen anything like that! Bravo Honda, what a firework!
Old 1 Sep 2002, 15:04 (Ref:370519)   #24
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just... where was the RAIN?????
Old 1 Sep 2002, 16:03 (Ref:370551)   #25
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Good point eatapc - that blowup was truly spectacular - - even woke me up!