Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 5 Jul 2020, 01:42 (Ref:3985731)   #26
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I should do that. I specifically buy an amp that allows me to have a different video and audio input for that reason.

Sometimes I can’t be bothered, but then I regret it all race.

Although I’ve never tried it with Indycar...
Old 5 Jul 2020, 01:50 (Ref:3985734)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I should do that. I specifically buy an amp that allows me to have a different video and audio input for that reason.

Sometimes I can’t be bothered, but then I regret it all race.

Although I’ve never tried it with Indycar...
You should try it with IndyCar. It's a bit like watching the Daytona 24 hrs but with Radio LeMans commentary. It makes all the difference.
Old 5 Jul 2020, 02:08 (Ref:3985739)   #28
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Race result:

A good race but the TV coverage did not do it justice.

Not the result Penske wanted but Dixon admitted in the podium interview, he got lucky with the yellow and Pagenaud salvaged some pride for The Captain, on his debut race as track owner. I must say, I like the elevator/lift to the podium, with the winning driver still in the car.

A great drive from Rahal to take second, considering he was leading and got caught out by the yellow.

The battle towards the end, between rookie Rinus VK and Ericsson, was superb. Shame NBC's coverage didn't focus on it a bit more.

1 Scott Dixon, Chip Ganassi Racing, Dallara-Honda. 80. 1:41'59.323
2 Graham Rahal, Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing. Dallara-Honda. 80. 1:42'19.270
3 Simon Pagenaud, Team Penske. Dallara-Chevrolet. 80, 1:42'19.887
4 Colton Herta, Andretti Harding Steinbrenner Autosport. Dallara-Honda. 80. 1:42'24.411
5 Rinus van Kalmthout, Ed Carpenter Racing Dallara-Chevrolet. 80. 1:42'24.959
6 Marcus Ericsson, Chip Ganassi Racing. Dallara-Honda. 80. 1:42'25.036
7 Josef Newgarden, Team Penske. Dallara-Chevrolet. 80. 1:42'31.220
8 Patricio O'Ward, Arrow McLaren SP. Dallara-Honda. 80. 1:42'33.159
9 Santino Ferrucci, Dale Coyne Racing with Vasser Sullivan. Dallara-Honda. 80. 1:42'42.370
10 Takuma Sato, Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing. Dallara-Honda. 80. 1:42'44.214
11 James Hinchcliffe, Andretti Autosport. Dallara-Honda. 80. 1:42'45.490
12 Conor Daly, Ed Carpenter Racing. Dallara-Chevrolet. 80. 1:42'49.300
13 Ryan Hunter-Reay, Andretti Autosport. Dallara-Honda. 80. 1:42'49.812 14 Zach Veach, Andretti Autosport. Dallara-Honda. 80. 1:42'51.540
15 Felix Rosenqvist, Chip Ganassi Racing. Dallara-Honda. 80. 1:42'56.011
16 Max Chilton, Carlin. Dallara-Chevrolet. 80. 1:42'59.554
17 Jack Harvey, Meyer Shank Racing. Dallara-Honda 80. 1:43'03.168
18 Charlie Kimball, A.J. Foyt Enterprises. Dallara-Chevrolet. 80. 1:43'04.842 19 Alex Palou, Dale Coyne Racing with Team Goh. Dallara-Honda. 80. 1:43'05.801
20 Will Power, Team Penske. Dallara-Chevrolet. 80. 1:43'10.936
21 Dalton Kellett, A.J. Foyt Enterprises. Dallara-Chevrolet. 79. 1:42'08.366 22 Marco Andretti, Andretti Herta Autosport with Marco & Curb-Agajani. Dallara-Honda. 79
23 Sage Karam, Dreyer & Reinbold Racing. Dallara-Honda. 79. 1:43'01.298 24 Spencer Pigot, Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing with Citrone/Buhl Autosport. Dallara-Honda. 74. Mechanical.
25 Alexander Rossi, Andretti Autosport. Dallara-Honda. 41. 1:21'29.670. Mechanical
26 Oliver Askew, Arrow McLaren SP. Dallara-Chevrolet. 34. 42'09.979. Accident
Old 5 Jul 2020, 17:59 (Ref:3986029)   #29
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I missed the first third of the race, and my father insisted on talking with me face to face rather than watch the rest of the race.
Old 6 Jul 2020, 22:18 (Ref:3986354)   #30
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Dixon Demolition job or WHAT??!!

That was a superb performance.

Rahal had hos best race for donkeys.

Shame Harvey lost out strategy wise and that Askew blotted his copybook after a good effort.

Is it me or does it seem like O'Ward isn't the same star in the making we saw early last year?

Maybe Dr Marko stunted his flair a bit!
Old 7 Jul 2020, 06:06 (Ref:3986389)   #31
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I probably shouldn't admit this but I though Oliver Askew was British until today.
Old 7 Jul 2020, 21:40 (Ref:3986613)   #32
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I probably shouldn't admit this but I though Oliver Askew was British until today.
Were you thinking of Arthur Askew?
Old 8 Jul 2020, 03:05 (Ref:3986642)   #33
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Were you thinking of Arthur Askew?
Do you mean Arthur Askey?
Old 8 Jul 2020, 12:56 (Ref:3986727)   #34
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I completely forgot about this race...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
NBC are shocking.
Glad I didn't watch! Honestly, until they can "figure it out", I'm not sure I want to watch a live race on their broadcast again. Maybe catch the YouTubes. Edit -- not seeing 2020 on their page, sooooo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
[B]Race result:

1 Scott Dixon, Chip Ganassi Racing, Dallara-Honda. 80. 1:41'59.323
Not surprising!! Add another!!

Quote:
22 Marco Andretti, Andretti Herta Autosport with Marco & Curb-Agajani. Dallara-Honda. 79
Not surprising, and for some, this isn't sad at all, but rather enjoyable.

When does daddy fire him for a quicker driver? He's not won a race in about a decade or even been on the podium in the last 5. He's had a single pole during this time. I wish I had the same opportunities!!

I kid. He's an Andretti so let's love him...
Old 8 Jul 2020, 13:23 (Ref:3986734)   #35
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Not surprising!! Add another!!
Add another what?

Quote:
Not surprising, and for some, this isn't sad at all, but rather enjoyable.

When does daddy fire him for a quicker driver? He's not won a race in about a decade or even been on the podium in the last 5. He's had a single pole during this time. I wish I had the same opportunities!!

I kid. He's an Andretti so let's love him...
The last race he won was Iowa in 2011, his last podium was 3rd at Fontana in 2015 and the last pole I think was Detroit 2018, Race 1.
Old 8 Jul 2020, 14:44 (Ref:3986750)   #36
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Add another what?
A win.
To Dixon's illustrious career.

Quote:
The last race he won was Iowa in 2011, his last podium was 3rd at Fontana in 2015 and the last pole I think was Detroit 2018, Race 1.
Not so illustrious, these should be correct as I used this link:
https://www.racing-reference.info/driver/Marco_Andretti

I mean, give the kid some credit; looks like he hasn't missed a start in 14+ years
Old 8 Jul 2020, 14:57 (Ref:3986754)   #37
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
A win.
To Dixon's illustrious career.

Not so illustrious, these should be correct as I used this link:
https://www.racing-reference.info/driver/Marco_Andretti

I mean, give the kid some credit; looks like he hasn't missed a start in 14+ years
48 wins in total for Dixon.

Why Marco Andretti is still there, I don't know. Must be something to do with the Andretti name and bringing in money. Though if I were US Concrete, I wouldn't want to see my logo running around towards the back of the field, for too long.
Old 8 Jul 2020, 15:27 (Ref:3986770)   #38
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well Marco technically owns the car so he gets to decide. And I think US Concrete wants the track access VIP perks and use of the Andretti name in marketing more than results. As long as his family name is Andretti he'll be in the car.

NBCSports won't ever change and only get worse because everyone involved tells them how great they are over and over. But when you go from ABC who could not possibly care any less everything is an improvement. RM tells everyone how great NBC is every article and it's getting stale. Yes, they tried harder for Indy and more coverage. But more garbage is still garbage, we just get reminded more often. It's only worth watching in the background as noise, was decent Saturday making sausage with it on. Not full attention and could catch up with the DVR if I needed. But you often have no idea what is going on beyond third unless someone wrecks or has a failure.

In fairness though, the F1 coverage wasn't much better with continued following of the Mercedes late when we knew their consistent running order. Let's see who's chasing and catching them. Rendered unimportant after the final SC but made for a boring bit in the middle.
Old 8 Jul 2020, 16:37 (Ref:3986791)   #39
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Well Marco technically owns the car so he gets to decide. And I think US Concrete wants the track access VIP perks and use of the Andretti name in marketing more than results. As long as his family name is Andretti he'll be in the car.
Yeah, that's the problem; the name. John Andretti will always be my favorite and only likeable one.

That completes my Marco talk for 2020!!

Quote:
NBCSports won't ever change and only get worse because everyone involved tells them how great they are over and over. But when you go from ABC who could not possibly care any less everything is an improvement. RM tells everyone how great NBC is every article and it's getting stale. Yes, they tried harder for Indy and more coverage. But more garbage is still garbage, we just get reminded more often. It's only worth watching in the background as noise, was decent Saturday making sausage with it on. Not full attention and could catch up with the DVR if I needed. But you often have no idea what is going on beyond third unless someone wrecks or has a failure.

In fairness though, the F1 coverage wasn't much better with continued following of the Mercedes late when we knew their consistent running order. Let's see who's chasing and catching them. Rendered unimportant after the final SC but made for a boring bit in the middle.
Everytime I go to the Twitters to complain about ad breaks, I get told to pay for Gold. And I say FU!!

I missed the F1 coverage; do they still have no ad breaks? And is it still the "country syndicated" feed?

It's been for years that TV covers the top 4 or 5 only. You would think they'd figure out a way with all the options at their disposal for expanding it.
Old 8 Jul 2020, 17:18 (Ref:3986803)   #40
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes Mother's still pays for ad free and I just bought more of their stuff to clean the truck. And have posted on their FB to keep it up and I'll only but Mother's products.

And yes, tired of everyone telling me to buy something more that isn't really more or worth it,I don't watch Lights and I don't watch practice. So what I am getting? Coverage during commercials that's less than stellar and no one in production cares? Yeah, that's not what I'm paying extra for thanks. Plus I'm guessing little of that money goes to Indy.
Old 8 Jul 2020, 17:52 (Ref:3986809)   #41
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post

So it's more or less as I thought. However without results, there is only so much the Andretti name can do, as far as marketing and sponsorship is concerned. We have seen with Williams what happens if the results aren't forth coming, sponsors will leave and go elsewhere

NBC's F1 coverage comes from F1/Liberty itself, so NBC will have no say on what is actually being broadcast.
Old 8 Jul 2020, 20:41 (Ref:3986847)   #42
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
So it's more or less as I thought. However without results, there is only so much the Andretti name can do, as far as marketing and sponsorship is concerned. We have seen with Williams what happens if the results aren't forth coming, sponsors will leave and go elsewhere

NBC's F1 coverage comes from F1/Liberty itself, so NBC will have no say on what is actually being broadcast.
True, but remember Andretti has a lot of sponsors to spread team costs across for the VIP areas and the small areas of development. And I'm sure US Concrete is getting what they want or they would have left after the last couple years. And they don't pay for the full season, 7 races including Indy is all.

ESPN gets the coverage now and it's whatever Sky Sports runs just rebroadcast here. ESPN gets to put zero effort in under their deal with Liberty Media and Mother's fully funds the air time for the race. They have run a few on ABC without commercial as well. But I think the rate ESPN pays is VERY low and rumored to be a deal so they get first bid on F1 going to pure digital distribution in the US soon and they can make you buy ESPN+ or something similar away from cable