Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Sep 2016, 13:41 (Ref:3676119)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Malaysian Grand Prix 2016: Grand Prix Weekend Thread

This weekend sees a rare outing for the hard tyres, with most drivers having chosen seven sets of softs, three or four of mediums and two or three of hards.

Constructors’ championship standings: http://www.formula1.com/en/results.html/2016/team.html

Drivers’ championship standings: http://www.formula1.com/en/results.h...6/drivers.html

Malaysian Grand Prix tyre selections: https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/h...-malaysia.html

Circuit length: 5.543km
Number of laps: 56
Race distance: 310.408km
Dry weather tyre compounds: Soft, Medium and Hard
DRS Detection Zone 1: between Turns 12 and 13
DRS Activation Zone 1: between Turns 14 and 15
DRS Activation Zone 2: on start-finish straight

Lap Record: 1:34.223 (2004 - Juan-Pablo Montoya - Williams-BMW)
First Grand Prix: 1999

Last edited by Born Racer; 1 Oct 2016 at 07:39.
Old 30 Sep 2016, 14:22 (Ref:3676127)   #2
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
A lot of the drivers are hating the changes to the circuit. I prefer to reserve judgement till after the race
Old 1 Oct 2016, 14:59 (Ref:3676266)   #3
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excellent intro as ever. I may have to miss watching this one live. Otherwise, it's Lulu and Nicola on the front row, followed by Max Verstappen and Daniel Ricciardo in their RBs and then the two Ferraris of Vettel and Raikkonen.

It'll be interesting to see if Hamilton can gain the upper hand.
Old 1 Oct 2016, 21:11 (Ref:3676499)   #4
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Excellent intro as ever. I may have to miss watching this one live. Otherwise, it's Lulu and Nicola on the front row, followed by Max Verstappen and Daniel Ricciardo in their RBs and then the two Ferraris of Vettel and Raikkonen.
Pretty much a Noah's Ark grid all the way down (with a few exceptions).
Old 1 Oct 2016, 21:23 (Ref:3676513)   #5
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Hamilton is over half a second faster than the next car,once the flag drops it will another snorefest as he drives off into the sunset.
Old 2 Oct 2016, 08:14 (Ref:3676645)   #6
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
.....until his engine blows up...
Old 2 Oct 2016, 08:20 (Ref:3676647)   #7
GHOGH
Racer

GHOGH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably one of the most expensive F1 engine failures ever.
Old 2 Oct 2016, 09:19 (Ref:3676662)   #8
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
Not just a coincidence either apparently........."I've just got to move on. I just can't believe that there's eight Mercedes cars and only my engines are the ones that have gone."

Conspiracy theorists of the world unite...
Old 2 Oct 2016, 14:32 (Ref:3676734)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's the way that luck goes.....
Old 2 Oct 2016, 14:45 (Ref:3676737)   #10
Riley Blue
Rookie

England
Derbyshire
Riley Blue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
'Luck' doesn't cause engine failures, there is always a reason.
Old 2 Oct 2016, 14:52 (Ref:3676739)   #11
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley54 View Post
The reason is that his luck ran out.
Old 2 Oct 2016, 15:15 (Ref:3676744)   #12
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wish I had watched this live, just to see someone else win for a change. Highlights will have to do.
Old 2 Oct 2016, 16:26 (Ref:3676754)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley54 View Post
True enough, but the luck arises in that it was his engine and not someone else's......
Old 2 Oct 2016, 16:28 (Ref:3676756)   #14
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
True enough, but the luck arises in that it was his engine and not someone else's......
Bad luck in Hamilton's case.
Old 2 Oct 2016, 16:51 (Ref:3676760)   #15
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
I just wish he would be a bit more professional afterwards to the camera and not beef off about "someone" doesn't want him to be WC again. Good God...not want Merc want to hear or have broadcast. I know the adrenalin is running, but hey...
I thought Toto and Niki were good in commenting afterwards, apologising for their fault not providing the engine etc...
But, come on Lewis...say the "right" things to the World cameras and kick up your thoughts in the debrief office only..
Old 2 Oct 2016, 20:31 (Ref:3676831)   #16
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
I just wish he would be a bit more professional afterwards to the camera and not beef off about "someone" doesn't want him to be WC again. Good God...not want Merc want to hear or have broadcast. I know the adrenalin is running, but hey...
I thought Toto and Niki were good in commenting afterwards, apologising for their fault not providing the engine etc...
But, come on Lewis...say the "right" things to the World cameras and kick up your thoughts in the debrief office only..
Man fighting for World championship cheesed off when engine blows again shocker.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 2 Oct 2016, 20:40 (Ref:3676835)   #17
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The stewards were busy in Malaysia, I wonder was the heat getting to them?
Old 2 Oct 2016, 21:58 (Ref:3676856)   #18
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
The stewards were busy in Malaysia, I wonder was the heat getting to them?
Well they certainly made a pig's ear of the Rosberg penalty. The more times I look at it, the more unreasonable the penalty seems. It was a bold, ballsy move which is generally uncharacteristic of Nicola, but it wasn't the clumsy affair we occasionally see when he tries to "be like Hamilton". As the C4 pundits pointed out, if the two cars hadn't touched, there would have been nothing at all to say. As it was, it was just a little love-kiss, and not a full-blown collision.

If Rosberg's pass was worth 10 seconds, what is Vettel going to get? Not that I think that is deserving of a penalty either. Clearly Vettel's fault, yes, but it was the first corner. Brown stuff happens.
Old 2 Oct 2016, 22:51 (Ref:3676866)   #19
alfettafan
Rookie

alfettafan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Well they certainly made a pig's ear of the Rosberg penalty. The more times I look at it, the more unreasonable the penalty seems. It was a bold, ballsy move which is generally uncharacteristic of Nicola, but it wasn't the clumsy affair we occasionally see when he tries to "be like Hamilton". As the C4 pundits pointed out, if the two cars hadn't touched, there would have been nothing at all to say. As it was, it was just a little love-kiss, and not a full-blown collision.

If Rosberg's pass was worth 10 seconds, what is Vettel going to get? Not that I think that is deserving of a penalty either. Clearly Vettel's fault, yes, but it was the first corner. Brown stuff happens.
Neither incident worthy of a penalty in my opinion. We have seen much worse go unpunished in previous races. Consistently inconsistent is about all you could say about the stewarding of F1 these days. Whatever happened about Verstappen overtaking Kimi under the virtual safety car as seen from Perez's onboard...?
Old 3 Oct 2016, 00:46 (Ref:3676888)   #20
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:

I've got to say, I thought neither deserved a penalty and both were racing incidents. Nothing wrong with a bit of hard racing, that's the main reason we love the sport.
Old 3 Oct 2016, 00:49 (Ref:3676890)   #21
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Sometimes, I wish he would just take it on the chin.
Old 3 Oct 2016, 10:05 (Ref:3676964)   #22
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Sometimes I just wish that all the drivers would be a little more bland and only talk in PR speak. For sure.
Old 3 Oct 2016, 13:45 (Ref:3676999)   #23
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfettafan View Post
Neither incident worthy of a penalty in my opinion. We have seen much worse go unpunished in previous races. Consistently inconsistent is about all you could say about the stewarding of F1 these days. Whatever happened about Verstappen overtaking Kimi under the virtual safety car as seen from Perez's onboard...?
Old 3 Oct 2016, 15:35 (Ref:3677030)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Personally I disagree. I called it as a likely penalty the first time I saw it. The fact is they did touch, and they touched because Nico went a long way in a straight line (due to the speed he was carrying) before starting to turn. It's not the first time that Nico has dived in well across the kerbs and nerfed an opponent out of the way. Yes, Kimi left the door partially open but the pass wasn't going to happen without contact. I have my suspicions that had it been young Max, some of the opinions here wouldn't have been so favourable.....
Old 3 Oct 2016, 17:31 (Ref:3677053)   #25
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Sometimes, I wish he would just take it on the chin.
Turns out to be God's fault after all. Well according to the 'deeply religious Hamilton'

I wonder which religion he is 'deeply' into?