Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 8 Feb 2017, 21:02 (Ref:3711038)   #101
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Even with everything in their favour the gap to the current GT500 cars is probably a bit too much to bridge without large changes to weight and/or power that may or may not be possible for all the cars as is (we'll see how fast this year's GT500s and GTEs are compared to last year though) but I think they could easily lap around as fast as the old JAF regulations cars.
Old 9 Feb 2017, 13:37 (Ref:3711216)   #102
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's an article on Motorsport today with Zak Brown suggesting McLaren want to take on Le Mans again, most likely in GTE, but he didn't say outright no to P1 (doubt it!!!)

I don't usually trust Motorsport, especially McLaren posts on it, seeing as Zak has a hand on both sides, but this interview highlights rumours that have been running a while.

I'd love to see McLaren take on GTE, I'd be curious if the car choice, although they have a 650s replacement soon!

Interesting suggest the Strakka link for Blancpain is a possible precursor to Mr Warmsley leading a GTE attack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 9 Feb 2017, 14:10 (Ref:3711224)   #103
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes the rumors has been floating for a year or so that McLaren and Lamborghini are entering GTE for 2019. None of them seem to be willing to neither confirm or deny, so only time will tell.
Old 9 Feb 2017, 23:05 (Ref:3711306)   #104
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1 View Post
Yes the rumors has been floating for a year or so that McLaren and Lamborghini are entering GTE for 2019. None of them seem to be willing to neither confirm or deny, so only time will tell.
Not hard to see why the rumours float. If the money is right and someone put together a proposal, the program will be greenlit swiftly. The decision could happen any day now. It just depends on how hard certain people are willing to work for sponsors, appealing to Mclaren CEO/ COO etc.

With that said, it goes to show that Mclaren, and even Lamborghini aren't really doing that great of a job because they have not been able to put together GTE programs for the Gallardo or the 12C (and qite delayed for the Huracan and the 650S). Ford, Porsche, Aston, Corvette, Ferrari, etc all figured out how to do it... I think it's a bit cheeky for Zak Brown to say that its up to Mclaren Auto COO as if Mclaren COO is going to do all of the work to secure the budget for it. If Zak Brown comes back to the office one day with a folder full of partners/ financial sponsors for the GTE program, no one is going to stop him from developing a GTE car...Not a criticism but sounds like he's done none of the work to secure any budget outside of Mclaren.
Old 10 Feb 2017, 21:46 (Ref:3711458)   #105
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1 View Post
One has a car built, albeit old spec, the other is well in process.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 11 Feb 2017, 01:26 (Ref:3711472)   #106
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
One has a car built, albeit old spec, the other is well in process.
Assuming you mean that a Mclaren 12C GTE proto was actually built and the Lamborghini is in process. Not hard to guess this. Zak Brown practically says there was a car for 2013-2014 based on hopes that GT3 would converge with GTE.
Old 24 Feb 2017, 03:12 (Ref:3714385)   #107
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good Michelin video with the GTLM race and street cars of the all brands
https://www.facebook.com/MichelinUSA...4141883346744/
Old 24 Feb 2017, 19:46 (Ref:3714562)   #108
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Assuming you mean that a Mclaren 12C GTE proto was actually built and the Lamborghini is in process. Not hard to guess this. Zak Brown practically says there was a car for 2013-2014 based on hopes that GT3 would converge with GTE.
I do mean that.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 13 Mar 2017, 13:40 (Ref:3718366)   #109
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aston Martin Racing boss John Gaw said that GTE racing in the WEC is the place to be for many reasons, but the most interesting one is because he sees there being a chance for the GT classes to be the premier attraction in the series. GTE Pro class is now a FIA World Championship, it’s progressing fast. There will be more brands coming in the future too, because GTE will get more coverage due to the balance between it and LMP1 having changed recently. I know the FIA and ACO are working on even more ways to make the GTE championship more exciting.
Also he feels that there’s a chance we will see GT and prototypes racing together going forward with the LMP1 grid.
He said: “I’d love to see in the future LMP regulations in 2020 allow a GTP car to compete at the front using the hyper cars that are out there now. It wouldn’t be a massive shock to me. Aston, Ferrari, Mercedes, they all have hypercars. “Why couldn’t we go back to the days like 1998 and have GTP competing alongside LMP?”
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...car-brand.html
Old 13 Mar 2017, 14:14 (Ref:3718375)   #110
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Aston Martin Racing boss John Gaw said that GTE racing in the WEC is the place to be for many reasons, but the most interesting one is because he sees there being a chance for the GT classes to be the premier attraction in the series. GTE Pro class is now a FIA World Championship, it’s progressing fast. There will be more brands coming in the future too, because GTE will get more coverage due to the balance between it and LMP1 having changed recently. I know the FIA and ACO are working on even more ways to make the GTE championship more exciting.
Also he feels that there’s a chance we will see GT and prototypes racing together going forward with the LMP1 grid.
He said: “I’d love to see in the future LMP regulations in 2020 allow a GTP car to compete at the front using the hyper cars that are out there now. It wouldn’t be a massive shock to me. Aston, Ferrari, Mercedes, they all have hypercars. “Why couldn’t we go back to the days like 1998 and have GTP competing alongside LMP?”
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...car-brand.html
I think that is an excellent point. Allow GT cars to have that performance and allow makes like Toyota to do something slightly different but still be in the same class. Allow hybrids, and engine freedom and i think we could have a great class.
Old 13 Mar 2017, 16:28 (Ref:3718389)   #111
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I think that is an excellent point. Allow GT cars to have that performance and allow makes like Toyota to do something slightly different but still be in the same class. Allow hybrids, and engine freedom and i think we could have a great class.
It would be a great class, yes. And as in the late 90s it won't last long.
Old 13 Mar 2017, 20:14 (Ref:3718433)   #112
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
I guess it depends how you structure it. Something like "must make 100 units available for sale" is probably more sustainable than the "somewhere a street legal one exists" rule, but enforcement is still an issue.
Old 13 Mar 2017, 20:23 (Ref:3718439)   #113
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Mercedes and Aston Martin are going to have a prototype-for-the-road car with the Project One and Valkyrie respectively. I'd like to see something like that race as a top class. I think it would be amazing.
Old 13 Mar 2017, 21:01 (Ref:3718451)   #114
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Finally we agree on something. I don't know how we'll get there, but I can see a revival of the GT1/LMGTP class in a few years time.
Old 14 Mar 2017, 02:01 (Ref:3718480)   #115
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Mercedes and Aston Martin are going to have a prototype-for-the-road car with the Project One and Valkyrie respectively. I'd like to see something like that race as a top class. I think it would be amazing.
I also really like the idea, GTP vs LMP again is great!!!
Render Aston Valkyrie GTP
https://images.cdn.autocar.co.uk/sit...?itok=kabDr8VY
Old 14 Mar 2017, 17:45 (Ref:3718599)   #116
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
That looks pretty good.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 00:40 (Ref:3721027)   #117
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
Interesting interview with Stephane Ratel, he said:

*GT1 still exists today. They are called Vulcan Aston Martin or Ferrari FXX McLaren P1 GTR. The goal is to establish a link with GT1 yesterday.
*A true championship for Hypercar could only do the ACO. These cars would make the crowd dream. ACO has the right event for this.
*He does not agree with the GT convergence because it will raise costs and a GT3 to 600000 euros is dead.

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/ste...lexceptionnel/
Old 24 Mar 2017, 19:03 (Ref:3721244)   #118
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
For all of those in the uk that remember the high point of GT1 and would like to see them again ITV4 is showing the goodwood members meeting 2017 at 8pm and there is a good showing of some of them
Old 1 Apr 2017, 16:58 (Ref:3723080)   #119
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
GTE-Pro Set for Automated BoP System in Fia WEC.
Le Mans will have specific BoP.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/a...ut-in-gte-pro/
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/l...till-in-works/
Old 5 Apr 2017, 16:32 (Ref:3723955)   #120
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Porsche customer RSRs possible for 2018, including interest from the states reportedly. It would be really exciting to see customer RSRs back at the pro level in IMSA.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/p...f-new-911-rsr/
Old 5 Apr 2017, 18:31 (Ref:3723975)   #121
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgRS View Post
Porsche customer RSRs possible for 2018, including interest from the states reportedly. It would be really exciting to see customer RSRs back at the pro level in IMSA.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/p...f-new-911-rsr/
I would like to see Falken and Flying lizards again in GTLM
Old 5 Apr 2017, 19:33 (Ref:3723984)   #122
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
I would like to see Falken and Flying lizards again in GTLM
Falken's cash is gone to other ventures, and FLM will not be involved without Porsche support. They are a pure customer driven effort now.
Old 6 Apr 2017, 01:30 (Ref:3724032)   #123
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah, teams come and go in the GT ranks all the time. Anyone remember when Dick Barbour had Porsche support, and Alex Job, and Petersen White Lightning, and Freisinger, and GruppeM, the list goes on and on for Porsche.
Old 18 Apr 2017, 17:23 (Ref:3727606)   #124
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
Qualifying race for GTE-Pro and potentially GTE-Am cars on Saturday!!!
I like this idea!!!!
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/w...o-gte-in-2018/

The future of the GTE-Am class in the FIA World Endurance Championship will hinge on the success of GTE-Pro, according to series boss Gerard Neveu, who revealed the category would eventually be dropped if the Pro class continues to grow.
The GTE-Pro class currently features eight entries, following the return of Porsche, and is expected to expand to at least ten cars next year with the addition of BMW, and potentially a rumored factory backed Corvette program.
New manufacturers, including Lamborghini and McLaren, are understood to be evaluating joining the GTE-Pro grid by as early as 2019, which Neveu admitted could tip it over the edge
“So far we have the space on the grid, so there’s no reason [for change],” Neveu told Sportscar365. “But if one day we have 15 or 16 GTE-Pro, I don’t see a way you can keep GTE-Am, honestly.”

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/g...-class-growth/
Old 18 Apr 2017, 17:48 (Ref:3727612)   #125
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The biggest reason for a drop in GTE-AM is the fact the 2016 Porsche is a HANDFUL for the pros and even the established teams are sticking with their old 911s until or if the new one is available. The 488 scared some teams it seemed and they are trying to recover, and the Dalla Lanas of the world are 2+ years from a new Aston if they stick with one year old regs. Unless that's been dropped when I wasn't looking. Don't think the WEC is really in a position to get rid of GTE-AM anytime soon, but then these are the guys who def count everything before it hatches.