Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 26 Dec 2018, 10:51 (Ref:3872416)   #3551
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Send one million pounds to my Lagos PO box and I'll give you the formulae !
If you’d like to give me all your bank details including PIN number, I’ll arrange......
Old 26 Dec 2018, 11:21 (Ref:3872420)   #3552
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
OK Mike if Gordon won't reply here's mine. 202090 4350021733 PIN is 0000 and secret word Password1. No one will ever guess these so keep them under your hat

I'm so bored.......been signed off work for three weeks and counting "Tea Break" madness is the only thing that's kept me sane

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Last edited by midgetman; 26 Dec 2018 at 11:28.
Old 26 Dec 2018, 11:40 (Ref:3872426)   #3553
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I'm so bored.......been signed off work for three weeks and counting "Tea Break" madness is the only thing that's kept me sane
Signed off?

There’s hope for all runners yet, including delta......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/46566122
Old 26 Dec 2018, 13:36 (Ref:3872440)   #3554
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
OK Mike if Gordon won't reply here's mine. 202090 4350021733 PIN is 0000 and secret word Password1. No one will ever guess these so keep them under your hat

Max fancy the Woodcote run again . Hope you ok . Never known you be off work
Old 26 Dec 2018, 15:01 (Ref:3872446)   #3555
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Would love to do it Delta but can't take the excitement.

I ended up flat on my back at the workshop and knocked myself out. Got a free ride in an ambulance and been suffering ever since while we try to understand what happened. Bloody nuisance. Just want to get on with things.

Old 26 Dec 2018, 15:15 (Ref:3872448)   #3556
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Would love to do it Delta but can't take the excitement.

I ended up flat on my back at the workshop and knocked myself out. Got a free ride in an ambulance and been suffering ever since while we try to understand what happened. Bloody nuisance. Just want to get on with things.

I'm sorry to hear that - my turn to offer you some sympathy.

Hope you get well soon!
Old 26 Dec 2018, 15:39 (Ref:3872452)   #3557
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
That does not sound good, Max! For chrisakes take it easy in the meantime......
Old 26 Dec 2018, 15:45 (Ref:3872456)   #3558
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
"Tea Break" madness is the only thing that's kept me sane
Not a good sign I fear…*Sincerely wish you the best and a fast recovery. Warmly keep the beer cold for you.
Old 26 Dec 2018, 17:17 (Ref:3872464)   #3559
midgetman
Veteran

Thans for the best wishes. The good part is I've got time to upload those videos I promiosed a while back. The first one is trailed here:

https://youtu.be/GADdzNveZ28

Keep watching through the club racing for some more gems, sorry about the "home video" content as well.

I feel so much safer behind those straw bales....
Old 26 Dec 2018, 17:44 (Ref:3872468)   #3560
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Midget, did you see what follows the kind video you've posted? Total idiots at work! Is it a Riley at the end?
Your video is moving because I do remember who was holding my tiny hand during my first visit to Montlhéry. Dad. Probably because of a good relationship with René Bonnet, the first race ever for me was involving single seaters DB Monomill's. Supposed to be 500 racer Ã* la française… Worse looking and hearing than that, you can't imagine!

See that, Le Bauble? http://dbrb.free.fr/La%20Monomill-Armagnac.pdf
Old 26 Dec 2018, 17:56 (Ref:3872470)   #3561
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I'm but an historian but if my memory serves right, the most affordable single seaters series we had was due to MEP cars. First X1 used a Citroën Ami 6 engine followed by the X2 using a Panhard engine and the last version called X 27 had a GS flat four air cooled fitted to an original chassis. Original doesn't mean flawless in this case…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgSeCaVKdzs
Old 26 Dec 2018, 18:05 (Ref:3872471)   #3562
midgetman
Veteran

Gerard, that's an MG Magnette at the end, the ZB variant I think. It was before my time.....
Old 26 Dec 2018, 18:23 (Ref:3872477)   #3563
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ooh s..., my bad sorry, thanks for correcting. We didn't have this model in France but I like its profile and rear end. Dont you see some similitudes with a Jag MK2?
Old 26 Dec 2018, 18:24 (Ref:3872478)   #3564
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

"kept sane" are seldom words associated with anyone involved in Motorsports, some would say......

Sorry you've been struck down, so to speak.....you must be bored because I'm sure I've even seen a post by you on that there Facebook......
Old 26 Dec 2018, 18:52 (Ref:3872490)   #3565
midgetman
Veteran

Ah that there Facebook is a marketing tool for me so I'm there a lot. Ooops.

Old 26 Dec 2018, 18:58 (Ref:3872493)   #3566
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Ooh s..., my bad sorry, thanks for correcting. We didn't have this model in France but I like its profile and rear end. Dont you see some similitudes with a Jag MK2?
Yeah although there are some who bemoan the fact that "all cars look the same these days" to my mind it was ever so.

The ZA/ZB MG was the same shell and basic running gear as the Wolseley 4/44 and subsequent 15/50 (someone will probably correct any inaccuracies).

Old 26 Dec 2018, 19:12 (Ref:3872497)   #3567
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Leaded, unleaded WTH in Italy Christmas night its better to be loaded! Main jet diameter is 9 mm…
Old 26 Dec 2018, 19:56 (Ref:3872506)   #3568
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Send one million pounds to my Lagos PO box and I'll give you the formulae !

You are selling yourself too cheap Gordon.

Up the price x10. Make the sale.

Send me 1/10th of the proceeds for my advice ...!

Old 26 Dec 2018, 20:15 (Ref:3872509)   #3569
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah although there are some who bemoan the fact that "all cars look the same these days" to my mind it was ever so.

The ZA/ZB MG was the same shell and basic running gear as the Wolseley 4/44 and subsequent 15/50 (someone will probably correct any inaccuracies).
Up to a point, yes. Within the remit of Brand Management for a single manufacturer. Very prevalent today.

But today EVERYONE seems to go for the same shape - as might have been predicted 60 years ago when aerodynamics started to influence car design to a greater extent (in theory) then ever before.

Of course this effect may also be influenced by the "leading" designers being more than willing to move around within the car manufacturer groups seeking "new challenges". Whatever that might mean.
Old 26 Dec 2018, 22:20 (Ref:3872528)   #3570
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:

I used to work on them and I believe that all the ZBs were two tone ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 26 Dec 2018, 23:18 (Ref:3872541)   #3571
midgetman
Veteran

Not all of them Gordon, no. The original ZB was a 1.5" SU version of the B Series engine and solid colour. The Varitone had the wrap around rear window, and was only a variant not the whole range.

We had a black ZB my father was trying to restore, it had the narrow window and the 1.5s. It never got finished unfortunately. Mind you that was 40 years ago......

Old 27 Dec 2018, 06:03 (Ref:3872593)   #3572
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
But today EVERYONE seems to go for the same shape
Obvious. They all use the same computers, basically the same programs and the have the same requirements. In those conditions what difference can happen? Original design or invent/re-invent a concept? OK, but who dares? Very few. Have a look to a Veloster and a Megane Coupé. One sells fine not the other. It works with "concepts" too. Renault picked up an american habit mixing it with the Multipla and made the successful Espace. In the meanwhile, nobody wanted to be seen driving an Avantime. What bout this one
https://newsdanciennes.com/2018/05/1...carousel-88200
Renault? Happy new year in jail Carlos.
Old 27 Dec 2018, 06:15 (Ref:3872594)   #3573
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Think there was a difference on ZA & ZB with the chrome trim on the front wing?

I remember a local SCCON member in the early 70s having one with full MGB engine, front discs and wider wheels. It looked good and was deceptively quick.....
Old 27 Dec 2018, 08:14 (Ref:3872599)   #3574
midgetman
Veteran

I spoke a little back about growing old gracefully. This takes the biscuit - 71 years old and trying to FLOAT from Europe to the Caribbean. (No pun intended)

Gerard is life under the gilets jaunes so bad even living in a barrel is an improvement?

BBC News - Frenchman sets off to cross Atlantic in a barrel
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46690647

Old 27 Dec 2018, 08:27 (Ref:3872600)   #3575
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Think there was a difference on ZA & ZB with the chrome trim on the front wing?

I remember a local SCCON member in the early 70s having one with full MGB engine, front discs and wider wheels. It looked good and was deceptively quick.....
Ooh I'm not that well up on ZA/ZB to recognise trim differences.

Yes that was a common modification along with an overdrive gearbox. Several were raced like that in club racing and I see that the former Andreason "Bumble" was converted to that spec for Goodwood - sorry, for HRDC Class B. That sold recently for £22k which makes it good value.

EDIT - oh wait that was 2015, although it has changed hands in 2018 according to another forum.

ISTR Bumble being in the vanguard of what became "historic" racing. It was just giving life to old cars in those days, saving them from the banger circuit.

Last edited by midgetman; 27 Dec 2018 at 08:34.