Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 13 Mar 2020, 20:04 (Ref:3964008)   #476
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
is a "dress rehearsal" for working from home mean coming to work in pajamas or underwear?
Not really, but it does mean just that. Like the news anchors who don't wear pants....
Old 13 Mar 2020, 21:42 (Ref:3964026)   #477
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
*remembers that pants means something different over here*
Old 13 Mar 2020, 23:32 (Ref:3964062)   #478
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
*remembers that pants means something different over here*
Yup. We all put em on the same way; one leg at a time.
Old 14 Mar 2020, 01:38 (Ref:3964083)   #479
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Yup. We all put em on the same way; one leg at a time.
Damn, that's my problem. I jump in the air and often fall over getting one leg caught. I should try that, fewer broken noses
Old 17 Mar 2020, 18:10 (Ref:3964989)   #480
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Mid-Ohio (May 1st-3rd) postponed https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/m...cdc-protocols/
Old 17 Mar 2020, 19:21 (Ref:3965023)   #481
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
There isn't going to be much of a season I think. Stand alone Daytona for the year?
Old 17 Mar 2020, 19:47 (Ref:3965034)   #482
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
There isn't going to be much of a season I think. Stand alone Daytona for the year?
I'm still hopeful for Petit Le Mans and Sebring (in November) and, if we're lucky, maybe even VIR and Laguna Seca.

The broader issue going forward is that the virus will also bring about a severe economic recession…
Old 17 Mar 2020, 20:06 (Ref:3965038)   #483
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
I
The broader issue going forward is that the virus will also bring about a severe economic recession…
Yes, and with that concerns about fan support (ability to purchase tickets, etc.), and how that will impact the tracks, team staffing, sponsorships. Big mess in every direction, except maybe toilet paper production.
Old 18 Mar 2020, 00:27 (Ref:3965110)   #484
GUnit
Rookie

GUnit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Road Atlanta is in my backyard, so this year I decide to venture out a little further than 8 miles and head to Sebring.....and guess what the hyell happens ! ! I see some chatter about the economic impact going forward and rightly so. What about those who cannot attend the November date, has anyone inquired about ticket and or even more so those who laid out the dollars for Florida's prized golf cart rentals ? I've emailed both Sebring and National Golf Carts and no replies. I'm curious at this point if anyone has inquired and what you've been told. I know this is new to all involved.
Old 18 Mar 2020, 21:06 (Ref:3965411)   #485
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
I wonder how resilient the economy can be on the back end. If there isn't too much job loss, the rebound might be good. A lot of people will have a lot of cabin fever to get out of them. May be a huge bounce for people jumping at the chance to take a vacation or get away. Provided they have money to do so, of course, which is the big question.

Will be interesting to see the lifestyle changes that come about from this, too. More people figuring out working from home, companies becoming more flexible as they see it can work (out of necessity currently), people reevaluating their work/home balance, maybe less interest in as much convenience as what was becoming normal with everything being delivered so you never had to leave home. All of a sudden, going shopping will feel refreshing to some again. Could be some interesting things come of this.
Old 18 Mar 2020, 21:15 (Ref:3965412)   #486
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
I wonder how resilient the economy can be on the back end. If there isn't too much job loss, the rebound might be good. A lot of people will have a lot of cabin fever to get out of them. May be a huge bounce for people jumping at the chance to take a vacation or get away. Provided they have money to do so, of course, which is the big question.

Will be interesting to see the lifestyle changes that come about from this, too. More people figuring out working from home, companies becoming more flexible as they see it can work (out of necessity currently), people reevaluating their work/home balance, maybe less interest in as much convenience as what was becoming normal with everything being delivered so you never had to leave home. All of a sudden, going shopping will feel refreshing to some again. Could be some interesting things come of this.
Strange times. I feel we're certainly missing the Mitty this year.

And yes, cabin fever is bad. Cabin fever with no money is worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUnit View Post
Road Atlanta is in my backyard, so this year I decide to venture out a little further than 8 miles and head to Sebring.....and guess what the hyell happens ! ! I see some chatter about the economic impact going forward and rightly so. What about those who cannot attend the November date, has anyone inquired about ticket and or even more so those who laid out the dollars for Florida's prized golf cart rentals ? I've emailed both Sebring and National Golf Carts and no replies. I'm curious at this point if anyone has inquired and what you've been told. I know this is new to all involved.
When / if you do hear back, be sure to let some folks here know, as they may be interested - good luck!

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154917
Old 19 Mar 2020, 00:33 (Ref:3965443)   #487
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, I have to think everything is done until June. And some have said it's longer than that as there's no chance of herd immunity yet.
Old 20 Mar 2020, 00:24 (Ref:3965679)   #488
GUnit
Rookie

GUnit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At this point no answer from golf carts and Sebring was a general email to their Q&A section about the make up dates. At this point I've submitted a dispute with CC company and balance given a temp credit. Will update on progress.
Old 20 Mar 2020, 15:56 (Ref:3965832)   #489
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUnit View Post
At this point no answer from golf carts and Sebring was a general email to their Q&A section about the make up dates. At this point I've submitted a dispute with CC company and balance given a temp credit. Will update on progress.
Have you called Sebring? They've always been informative, polite and friendly (even with bad news).

1-800-626-7223

jimclark
Old 24 Mar 2020, 17:25 (Ref:3966577)   #490
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just got an email today from Road Atlanta saying Petit has been moved back one week to Oct 17. And it looks like IMSA have released an entirely new schedule

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/i...petit-le-mans/

2020 WeatherTech Championship Schedule:
Jan. 22-26 — Rolex 24 at Daytona
May 29-30 — Detroit
June 25-28 — Six Hours of The Glen
July 3-5 — Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
July 17-18 — Lime Rock Park
July 31 – Aug. 2 — Road America
Aug. 21-23 — Virginia International Raceway
Sept. 4-6 — WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca
Sept. 25-27 — Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
Oct. 14-17 — Motul Petit Le Mans
Nov. 11-14 — Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring
Old 24 Mar 2020, 17:38 (Ref:3966581)   #491
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Optimistic folks aren't they?
Old 24 Mar 2020, 17:46 (Ref:3966586)   #492
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Perhaps, but it gave me an idea for a new schedule. Since they still like to say there are e championships, the sprint championship, the full season, and the endurance cup, we could make it into 2 seasons - Endurance and Sprint.

My ideas for Endurance:
September - Watkins 6 hours
October - Petit 10 hours
November - Sebring 12 hours
January - Daytona 24

Sprint:
whatever races they want from March till early Sept ranging from the 100 minute variety to the 2:40.
Old 24 Mar 2020, 18:11 (Ref:3966593)   #493
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Detroit appears to be unlikely from Indy people and that drives the event. MAYBE June will get the ok but I'd guess no fans at The Glen. Would they run at a closed track though?
Old 24 Mar 2020, 20:05 (Ref:3966608)   #494
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Just got an email today from Road Atlanta saying Petit has been moved back one week to Oct 17. And it looks like IMSA have released an entirely new schedule

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/i...petit-le-mans/

2020 WeatherTech Championship Schedule:
Jan. 22-26 — Rolex 24 at Daytona
May 29-30 — Detroit
June 25-28 — Six Hours of The Glen
July 3-5 — Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
July 17-18 — Lime Rock Park
July 31 – Aug. 2 — Road America
Aug. 21-23 — Virginia International Raceway
Sept. 4-6 — WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca
Sept. 25-27 — Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
Oct. 14-17 — Motul Petit Le Mans
Nov. 11-14 — Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring
Quote:
yeah, but what else do they have to do besides play around with schedules?

I'd be surprised if there's anything going on before August or September at this rate.
Old 24 Mar 2020, 21:59 (Ref:3966623)   #495
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
They’ve got to do something to keep themselves busy during this time
Old 24 Mar 2020, 22:44 (Ref:3966628)   #496
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
They’ve got to do something to keep themselves busy during this time
So did the crew of the Titanic. But easier to move a deck chair than the schedule.

I think Detroit is out and done, just waiting the confirmation of Indy in its place for Indy cars. I think there will be 2 Sprint round double headers in there somewhere. Possibly Mid-Ohio and Road America. If they really had to I think you could see running after Petit on Sunday afternoon but would take them missing a couple rounds and teams wanting that event to sell the seats. GTD and LMP2 round Sunday while we break camp? And Mid-Ohio the same weekend as N24, how many Porsche drivers could be placed by Porsche over team need?

Last edited by broadrun96; 24 Mar 2020 at 22:51.
Old 24 Mar 2020, 22:54 (Ref:3966631)   #497
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
At least this series has had a round done unlike other series
Old 25 Mar 2020, 00:43 (Ref:3966643)   #498
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
So did the crew of the Titanic. But easier to move a deck chair than the schedule.

I think Detroit is out and done, just waiting the confirmation of Indy in its place for Indy cars. I think there will be 2 Sprint round double headers in there somewhere. Possibly Mid-Ohio and Road America. If they really had to I think you could see running after Petit on Sunday afternoon but would take them missing a couple rounds and teams wanting that event to sell the seats. GTD and LMP2 round Sunday while we break camp? And Mid-Ohio the same weekend as N24, how many Porsche drivers could be placed by Porsche over team need?
My brother has used to term "shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic" numerous times of late and it applies a bit to our situation in all sports. Everyone is spit balling ATM as there's too much differing and misleading info. This has got to play out a bit more but it's important to stay relevant and in the news, while being cognizant of public thoughts and feelings on this whole deal.
Old 25 Mar 2020, 01:51 (Ref:3966646)   #499
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Best thing racing has done has been to embrace support and AIR e-racing. Yes, some of the Sebring physics were TERRIBLE and cars can't continue after spinning in the air without serious damage but it was something to start. Nascar has pushed for a bit more damage physics but allowed cars back in track quickly. And some of the drivers have HELLA rigs with full motion feedback, and can do commentary at the same time as the physical strain isn't the same. That and airing classic races in the usual spots gives people something to consume and something to talk about. It's a bit harder with "team" sports but it is doable as a stop gap. MLB and NBA opened up the archives a bit and offer something. Now come summer and football season, well that's a different matter and I fear the government response to interrupted football season
Old 25 Mar 2020, 23:07 (Ref:3966851)   #500
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Detroit appears to be unlikely from Indy people and that drives the event. MAYBE June will get the ok but I'd guess no fans at The Glen. Would they run at a closed track though?
I tend to agree.
There's no chance of Detroit happening, and IMSA are just waiting for Indycar to say that, before they can.

Almost certain that WGI, Mosport and Lime Rock will go too, at least on their current dates.

If the spread of Covid19 in the US can be demonstrated to have peaked by the end of May, then we could possibly start the season at Laguna Seca.