Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 11 Mar 2020, 15:10 (Ref:3963081)   #4726
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pitlane walkabout will almost certainly suffer. That's just asking for trouble.
Old 11 Mar 2020, 15:23 (Ref:3963082)   #4727
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Have any events been cancelled that are similar in terms of density though? I have only seen indoor events or stuff in arenas cancelled.
The only thing remotely similar to have been affected so far is a pre-season test for Ferrari Challenge, which was due to be at Donington next Tuesday, and will now be moved to the third Thursday in April, at Snetterton.
Old 11 Mar 2020, 15:29 (Ref:3963083)   #4728
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I know it's not the BTCC but the ACO and Eurosport have moved the 24H Motos event at Le Mans from April to September, citing the ban on events with groups > 1000 people as the principal cause.
Old 11 Mar 2020, 15:38 (Ref:3963084)   #4729
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I would imagine various insurers see the risks very clearly, especially given the information they'll have from other countries.

The risk may be low, but is it low enough that someone who's taking a day off from caring from their elderly/vulnerable/immunocompromised relative then catches the virus on the pit walk or in a restaurant or on the pit walk, and takes it home to said relative?

That's the risk PHE are trying to manage at the moment.

Instructions will come from outside motorsport. I can see events running behind closed doors if and only if there's a financial crutch provided to those involved, otherwise this season will go down the pan very quickly.
Agreed. I'd already thought it through and balanced those risks in my head, just didn't put them in the forum post.

Those who have contact with the immunocompromised should take responsibility for their actions. Not a direct carer, but I'd certainly limit contact with the frailer members of the family for a couple of weeks if I went. Same as when I had flu in December.

Anyway I'll stop now before it goes sideways into a civil liberties discussion.
Old 11 Mar 2020, 16:19 (Ref:3963089)   #4730
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Pitlane walkabout will almost certainly suffer. That's just asking for trouble.
Was thinking the same. Pitlane walkabout is mad crush at the best of times. That said, the queue to get in the gate can be bad enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
The only thing remotely similar to have been affected so far is a pre-season test for Ferrari Challenge, which was due to be at Donington next Tuesday, and will now be moved to the third Thursday in April, at Snetterton.
Is that more down to the difficulties of getting out of Italy than specifically a UK decision?
Old 11 Mar 2020, 16:24 (Ref:3963090)   #4731
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Is that more down to the difficulties of getting out of Italy than specifically a UK decision?
Possibly.
It was certainly a decision made by the organisers of Ferrari Challenge UK, and not by Donington.
Old 11 Mar 2020, 17:29 (Ref:3963102)   #4732
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Noticed that James Cole was driving Adam Morgans car at Brands today 🤔
Old 11 Mar 2020, 17:38 (Ref:3963105)   #4733
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Possibly.

It was certainly a decision made by the organisers of Ferrari Challenge UK, and not by Donington.
The cars are run centrally by Italian team AF Corse, that will be the reason.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 11 Mar 2020, 18:05 (Ref:3963109)   #4734
yellowbeard
Rookie

yellowbeard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyknight View Post
It got me excited, would love to see a new game

Me too, especially since Codemasters, who made the TOCA games, has fairly recently acquired SMS, who make the Project Cars racing games (which IMO are probably the best on Console so far).
Old 11 Mar 2020, 18:28 (Ref:3963112)   #4735
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Noticed that James Cole was driving Adam Morgans car at Brands today 🤔
Yeah I’ve just seen that! Interesting 🤔🤔🤔 Could be something or just a way to earn some extra money for the team?!?
Old 11 Mar 2020, 18:35 (Ref:3963114)   #4736
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Maybe James is just keeping his hand in. Or maybe there are financial question marks over one of the drivers.

Certainly James has a good track record of bringing sponsorship on board.
Old 11 Mar 2020, 19:16 (Ref:3963122)   #4737
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Maybe James is just keeping his hand in. Or maybe there are financial question marks over one of the drivers.

Certainly James has a good track record of bringing sponsorship on board.
How about a 3rd Ciceley entry using Lasers old chassis and Simpsons TBL? Ticketmaster liveried Merc 😂
Old 11 Mar 2020, 19:36 (Ref:3963127)   #4738
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
How about a 3rd Ciceley entry using Lasers old chassis and Simpsons TBL? Ticketmaster liveried Merc 😂
If only....
Old 11 Mar 2020, 19:41 (Ref:3963130)   #4739
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Given Chairman Gow wanting to reduce numbers I can't see an extra entry being granted.
Old 11 Mar 2020, 19:56 (Ref:3963134)   #4740
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicBoy View Post
Given Chairman Gow wanting to reduce numbers I can't see an extra entry being granted.
Especially not another backmarker, as, sadly, Cole would be.

Holding out hope for an extra car after the summer break; I'm sure he'd allow another car from Speedworks or Dynamics. Really I'm still bitter there's no second Corolla 😂
Old 11 Mar 2020, 20:18 (Ref:3963137)   #4741
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
'Therefore the TBL assigned to Simpson Racing has returned to the control of TOCA and will not be reissued this season.'
Old 11 Mar 2020, 20:37 (Ref:3963143)   #4742
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Random shower thoughts, probably nonsense:

There was a recent TOCA press release saying that Cosworth would be starting testing the 2022 hybrid system this year using an existing race car. There are a few unused spare cars that could be acquired for that purpose, notably Moffatt's old Merc. Could this be Cole getting a bit of mileage in a non-hybrid car ready to take up a testing role?
Old 11 Mar 2020, 20:40 (Ref:3963145)   #4743
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I guess Cole is keeping his hand in so that he is ready should a team need a replacement driver
Old 11 Mar 2020, 20:40 (Ref:3963146)   #4744
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so really what happned with Simpson ?

he pays for the entry and then pulls out

maybe a deal fel thru for someone else to drive his car ? if so why doesn't he drive hismelf and maybe try to reach a deal for midseason switch ? it doesn't make sense
Old 11 Mar 2020, 21:12 (Ref:3963154)   #4745
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
so really what happned with Simpson ?

he pays for the entry and then pulls out

maybe a deal fel thru for someone else to drive his car ? if so why doesn't he drive hismelf and maybe try to reach a deal for midseason switch ? it doesn't make sense
I can't find the press release but basically he's supporting his son's karting career instead.

Two lots of budget requirements and two lots of time needed make for a short changed, tired and hungry family I would suggest.
Old 11 Mar 2020, 21:15 (Ref:3963156)   #4746
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
From Simpson's FB page:

'Further to various social media posts and messages being received, I think it is only right that I update you all. Over the winter months, my son has started karting and has shown great interest in it. I therefore have decided to put my own racing career on hold and support him 100%. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of my loyal fans and sponsors for your support. It would not have been the same without you. I have had a blast but now feel it is time to spend with my family. Thanks again.'
Old 11 Mar 2020, 21:22 (Ref:3963159)   #4747
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dont' make sense

if he wanted out, business wise it would have made much more sense to try and sell/loan his TBL or find a pay driver (or more) to drive his Civic
Old 11 Mar 2020, 21:26 (Ref:3963161)   #4748
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
dont' make sense

if he wanted out, business wise it would have made much more sense to try and sell/loan his TBL or find a pay driver (or more) to drive his Civic
He's not done it for business reasons.
It doesn't make business sense to race in the first place.
Old 11 Mar 2020, 21:29 (Ref:3963162)   #4749
Pickles
Veteran

Thanks for confirming for the umpteenth time 😂 and there was me thinking this was the discussion section.
Old 11 Mar 2020, 22:01 (Ref:3963169)   #4750
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks for confirming for the umpteenth time 😂 and there was me thinking this was the discussion section.
While a nice thought and brief chance for rumour, Cole stepped in as Adam wasn't available and he'd been lined up on standby. So nothing g more to it than that. He did enjoy his run out so maybe the desire for a return is still there?