Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 14 Oct 2019, 17:34 (Ref:3934414)   #576
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Speedworks have said in the past they would see on running two cars for 2020 after running one car this season
i do hope they run two cars next year.
Old 14 Oct 2019, 17:43 (Ref:3934417)   #577
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Main driver Championship 2 points between 1st and 2nd/3rd! Indepenandts driver Championship 2 points between 1st and 2nd!!!! Wow
Old 14 Oct 2019, 23:24 (Ref:3934468)   #578
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to what WSR have put on Twitter in a reply to a fan they are still hoping to put something together with Andy Jordan to be able to keep him on for next year.
Old 15 Oct 2019, 00:06 (Ref:3934478)   #579
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon411 View Post
According to what WSR have put on Twitter in a reply to a fan they are still hoping to put something together with Andy Jordan to be able to keep him on for next year.
Well no ****. Team that has a quick driver who brings a shed load of money wants said driver to continue bringing shed loads of money. Whether Jordan will find a sponsor to replace Pirtek is the question in hand.
Old 15 Oct 2019, 00:15 (Ref:3934482)   #580
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Well he is a red bull backed driver so surely they could stump up the cash? Especially as it would do their brand good to be on the side of a car that can win the title. Pretty sure touring cars must be the only form of motorsport they dont have a red bull branded car in?
Old 15 Oct 2019, 06:31 (Ref:3934557)   #581
TR4racer
Racer

United Kingdom
London
TR4racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
Well he is a red bull backed driver so surely they could stump up the cash? Especially as it would do their brand good to be on the side of a car that can win the title. Pretty sure touring cars must be the only form of motorsport they dont have a red bull branded car in?
I believe that AJ is a Brand Ambassador for Red Bull, not fully supported/backed. Maybe he can get Red Bull to step up but that would be a big ask.
Old 15 Oct 2019, 06:41 (Ref:3934563)   #582
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4racer View Post
I believe that AJ is a Brand Ambassador for Red Bull, not fully supported/backed. Maybe he can get Red Bull to step up but that would be a big ask.
I think more likely that WSR are pitching to BMW UK to increase the budget to entirely fund 2 cars leaving the 3rd car as a pay car. Didn't AJ tweet a while back from BMW HQ when he arrived for a meeting.

Sent from my AGS2-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 15 Oct 2019, 06:47 (Ref:3934564)   #583
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
He gets a few cases of cans and the right to use the brand. Pretty much anyone can be a Red Bull Athlete.
Old 15 Oct 2019, 06:50 (Ref:3934565)   #584
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What apart from RedBull Racing Team Australia / 888?
Old 15 Oct 2019, 09:15 (Ref:3934593)   #585
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
What apart from RedBull Racing Team Australia / 888?
Different kettle of fish.
Old 15 Oct 2019, 09:16 (Ref:3934594)   #586
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post

Would Bushell have the budget for a full season next year? Is it possible that Hill could line up alongside Butcher in the Honda?
From Bushell's comments on Facebook, congratulating AMD and allowing him to step in as Tordoff substitute, he doesn't envisage being a driver next year. The team would do well however to retain his services as Race Engineer
Old 15 Oct 2019, 09:19 (Ref:3934595)   #587
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I’d like to see Goff (back) in a Honda, although I think after this year he might stick with HARD.
Old 15 Oct 2019, 09:37 (Ref:3934597)   #588
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the UK and the rest of the world not looking that rosy I can't see anyone who has struggled to get sponsorship this year suddenly finding it for next. Might even be some who thought they were ok who will struggle.
Old 15 Oct 2019, 10:16 (Ref:3934606)   #589
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
I’d like to see Goff (back) in a Honda, although I think after this year he might stick with HARD.
Oh joy, you've just reminded me that it's the official silly season again now the regular season has finished and social media will be full of Jack Goff shoulda, woulda, coulda posts from people who don't understand motorsport budgets.

Not a dig at you for that post Robin! 😉
Old 15 Oct 2019, 10:16 (Ref:3934607)   #590
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought this was a given but obviously (maybe) not...

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2019...0-btcc-season/
Old 15 Oct 2019, 11:02 (Ref:3934622)   #591
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Thought this was a given but obviously (maybe) not...

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2019...0-btcc-season/
I don't know how Christian Dick works but with some other teams his comments could be read as 'only punting for extra funding'. I suppose that time will tell on this one.
Old 15 Oct 2019, 11:10 (Ref:3934632)   #592
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I don't know how Christian Dick works but with some other teams his comments could be read as 'only punting for extra funding'. I suppose that time will tell on this one.
Hopefully. With just the one car they aren't going to be winning titles, so it's almost saying to Toyota 'if you want to win the manufacturer title you'll have to support a second car'?
Old 15 Oct 2019, 11:12 (Ref:3934634)   #593
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I could be wrong, but I think a number of teams whose backing is more sponsor-driven rather than pay driver bringing their own company as sponsor could be struggling for next year. Marketing is one of the first areas to be cut when companies look to scale back. We've already seen Pirtek and Shredded Wheat leave, Honda UK's backing is already very much reduced, will be interesting to see if Yuasa and Halfords continue to make up the short-fall. Subaru are gone, and I'm not sure if Adrian Flux is tied to Ash Sutton's destination for next year or not.
Old 15 Oct 2019, 11:14 (Ref:3934637)   #594
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Is there any credibility to those stories a few weeks back about some Jags appearing next year, or do we file that one along with Team 48, the Kia entry and John Cleland returning with 3 Volvos piloted by Lewis Hamilton, Tom Cruise and Dick Dastardly?
Old 15 Oct 2019, 11:18 (Ref:3934638)   #595
S700UBO
Racer

Scotland
Inverness
S700UBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i was at Toyota Burnaston a few weeks back on a training course and was told that there are actually 2 additional fully stripped ready to send shells on site for the BTCC purpose, dunno what that means in regards anything but good to know
Old 15 Oct 2019, 11:22 (Ref:3934640)   #596
Northern Monkey
Racer

Northern Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S700UBO View Post
i was at Toyota Burnaston a few weeks back on a training course and was told that there are actually 2 additional fully stripped ready to send shells on site for the BTCC purpose, dunno what that means in regards anything but good to know

The thing is, it's okay have the shells there to send for BTCC purposes but there is no point sending them without the team having the funding to them do something with them.

There was an MG shell for example that was all ready to go to become a new BTCC car and it simply wasted away because it was never used....
Old 15 Oct 2019, 11:34 (Ref:3934645)   #597
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
The thing is, it's okay have the shells there to send for BTCC purposes but there is no point sending them without the team having the funding to them do something with them.
Could even be that they have a couple of spare shells on standby just in case (god forbid) Ingram has a huge shunt and they need to reshell the car?
Old 15 Oct 2019, 11:54 (Ref:3934649)   #598
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post

There was an MG shell for example that was all ready to go to become a new BTCC car and it simply wasted away because it was never used....
In the grand scheme of things, to the manufacturer, 'donating' a couple of bodyshells to a team is peanuts. Finding the budget to turn that into a BTCC car is where serious money is needed.
Old 15 Oct 2019, 12:25 (Ref:3934658)   #599
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Is there any credibility to those stories a few weeks back about some Jags appearing next year, or do we file that one along with Team 48, the Kia entry and John Cleland returning with 3 Volvos piloted by Lewis Hamilton, Tom Cruise and Dick Dastardly?
Rounds 3 and 6 clash with the Wacky Racers schedule, so Dick Dastardly is fairly unlikely, unless the powers that be agree to have a car share. However, I understand that Speedy Gonzalez may be putting together a budget with backing from a Mexican Cheese conglomerate.
Old 15 Oct 2019, 13:14 (Ref:3934672)   #600
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Am I right in saying that the engine formula still requires a 2.0L petrol engine?

Is this likely to change in the near future? Do all manufacturers still have 2.0L petrol engines as part of their range?

I thought most car makers now are moving towards 1.8 / 1.6 / 1.4 petrol with turbos etc.