Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 Nov 2019, 20:26 (Ref:3938616)   #876
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Norlin?
I think Chilton would like his sponsorship to appear on the car and preferably in the team name.
Old 4 Nov 2019, 20:27 (Ref:3938617)   #877
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Clearly Jackson paid little of nothing otherwise he would have taken his bag of gold somewhere else
He tried to take his relatively small bag of gold somewhere else, that's when the problems started.
Old 4 Nov 2019, 20:34 (Ref:3938619)   #878
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Norlin?
Who's Norlin? They weren't in the BTCC in 2019.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
I think Chilton would like his sponsorship to appear on the car and preferably in the team name.
I think that would not be problem for BTC Racing.

BTC Gallagher Racing?......
Old 4 Nov 2019, 20:47 (Ref:3938623)   #879
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
speaking of btc, i heard smiley was at the porsche cup taster day last week, wonder if there's anything going on there? possible expansion?
Old 4 Nov 2019, 21:47 (Ref:3938631)   #880
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Norlin only became BTC when Norlin pulled out, can't see Bert and Steve being too bothered about renaming if it brings in some funds
Old 4 Nov 2019, 22:07 (Ref:3938634)   #881
Jay87
Rookie

Jay87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Norlin?
Possibly but it seems like smiley is part of the furniture there and I'm guessing they'll want to keep cook as well
Old 4 Nov 2019, 22:09 (Ref:3938637)   #882
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay87 View Post
Possibly but it seems like smiley is part of the furniture there and I'm guessing they'll want to keep cook as well
As long as Bert has an involvement with BTC Smiley won't be going anywhere
Old 5 Nov 2019, 10:12 (Ref:3938686)   #883
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

Sorry what a huge mistake on my part
Old 5 Nov 2019, 10:20 (Ref:3938688)   #884
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Chilton family aren't afraid of buying/investing in teams to give Tom a home.

Theres at least 3 outfits of varying size on the grid in '19 I can think of looking for investment or a suitable buyer.
Old 5 Nov 2019, 10:22 (Ref:3938689)   #885
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
speaking of btc, i heard smiley was at the porsche cup taster day last week, wonder if there's anything going on there? possible expansion?
So was Tim Harvey, but he won't be racing in it either.
Old 5 Nov 2019, 10:42 (Ref:3938692)   #886
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Chilton family aren't afraid of buying/investing in teams to give Tom a home.

Theres at least 3 outfits of varying size on the grid in '19 I can think of looking for investment or a suitable buyer.
What is interesting, when you look at the funding of Tom's career, is that the Chilton family have not put a significnat amount of their own money into it.
The AON-backed era came after Grahame had already sold his stake in the firm. The same is true of the current Gallagher backing.

Whilst it is true that Tom can bring a substantial fund to support his drives, it does not come from the Chilton family. Incidentally, aside from AON and Gallagher - what other examples are there of the Chilton family buying/investing in a team?

I wonder if this is a case of - because someone comes from a wealthy family, it is assumed that the family are funding the motorsport?
Old 5 Nov 2019, 11:01 (Ref:3938696)   #887
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
I think you’re being rather naive there.

The sponsor money is effectively family money, it’s just how best to take it re: tax etc...

They also own Carlin, having bought it a decade ago in a pre-pack administration when Trev and Stoney went bust.
Old 5 Nov 2019, 11:21 (Ref:3938698)   #888
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
I think you’re being rather naive there.

The sponsor money is effectively family money, it’s just how best to take it re: tax etc...

They also own Carlin, having bought it a decade ago in a pre-pack administration when Trev and Stoney went bust.
Presumably to give Max a home?
Old 5 Nov 2019, 11:25 (Ref:3938699)   #889
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
As long as Bert has an involvement with BTC Smiley won't be going anywhere
If Smiley had pulled over and let Cook past for a 3rd place (was it Thruxton?) Cook would be Indi Champion now....
Old 5 Nov 2019, 11:54 (Ref:3938703)   #890
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Incidentally, aside from AON and Gallagher - what other examples are there of the Chilton family buying/investing in a team?
arena was a family owned team and ran both max and tom. max in f3, tom in btcc, then both had a go in lmp1.
Old 5 Nov 2019, 13:28 (Ref:3938713)   #891
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
arena was a family owned team and ran both max and tom. max in f3, tom in btcc, then both had a go in lmp1.
It wasn't owned by the Chilton's though. At least not on paper. At the time of it's liquidation, team boss Mike Earle was the sole shareholder. The company was dissolved in late 2014, owning well over £1m to creditors.
Old 5 Nov 2019, 14:28 (Ref:3938719)   #892
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
And Earle then tried to revive an old team of his, Onyx in the WTCC, but nothing came of it
Old 5 Nov 2019, 18:59 (Ref:3938748)   #893
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
at least we know the roof has been fixed and car washed

any doubt that Turks isn't returning with WSR ?
Attached Thumbnails
Untitled.jpg  
Old 5 Nov 2019, 20:04 (Ref:3938755)   #894
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
any doubt that Turks isn't returning with WSR ?
2019 driver,
with 2019 car,
following title win in 2019,
pictured in 2019 -

confirms nothing about 2020.

*although it's still highly likely he'll be back with WSR next season*
Old 5 Nov 2019, 22:25 (Ref:3938776)   #895
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Turks will be driving a works Honda in F1.

Possibly.

Meanwhile Matt Neal will be installed as a crash test dummy for Honda road car development. A quest to make an indestructible front bumper...
Old 6 Nov 2019, 08:27 (Ref:3938839)   #896
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://twitter.com/mattjsalisbury/s...513823232?s=21

Whorton-Eales back on the TOCA package.
Old 6 Nov 2019, 22:17 (Ref:3938955)   #897
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

One of this year's BTCC drivers approached BTC Racing about a seat for next year and was told that if he could afford the cost of the drive. None of his sponsorship would appear on the car.
I can't see them allowing another name on the team name if they aren't prepared to have the sponsorship on the car.
Old 7 Nov 2019, 06:07 (Ref:3939011)   #898
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
One of this year's BTCC drivers approached BTC Racing about a seat for next year and was told that if he could afford the cost of the drive. None of his sponsorship would appear on the car.
I can't see them allowing another name on the team name if they aren't prepared to have the sponsorship on the car.
Was there anything specific about the sponsor that BTC objected to?

They already have sponsors on the car, and the team has ran with title sponsors in the past.

Their own publicity for potential sponsors reads:

'Total car brand advertising or chosen B2B supply partners making a JV
Partial space, high profile choices to suit the budget
Single team car or both car exposure'
This is the branding space they currently offer:

https://btcracing.co.uk/become-a-partner/
Old 7 Nov 2019, 07:04 (Ref:3939014)   #899
Pickles
Veteran

Maybe this is me just being really naive... but why would a driver pay a team hundreds of thousands of pounds to not be able to promote his sponsors?
Old 7 Nov 2019, 07:12 (Ref:3939017)   #900
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Maybe not in this case but usually because it’s his Dad’s money.

Plenty of full-liveried cars in motorsport where driver stills pay full budget, just like Duckhams Van Diemen back in the day.