Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 24 Jul 2019, 12:31 (Ref:3919181)   #151
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Menu raced for Vauxhall at Thruxton in 2007 and SEAT also drafted in Coronel from the WTCC for the same event. And then in 2009 WSR added a third car for Reid for the last three rounds but he was largely ineffective.
Ah yes forgot those. Was there not some late entry ballast applied which stopped them getting too involved at the sharp end?

In any case, the thing hindering 'guest' drivers these days would be the TBL system rather than getting up to speed in a slightly different spec of car.
Old 24 Jul 2019, 13:36 (Ref:3919189)   #152
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Hamilton was a guest driver ineligible for points in 2015
Old 25 Jul 2019, 18:26 (Ref:3919338)   #153
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
It hasn't posed a problem so far this season. Performance difference hasn't been as big as in previous seasons and the drop off has been minimal. I'd say this year they have got it right.
If there isn't a huge difference in pace and the drop-off is limited... what's the point? I thought that was the point - softs are fast but only last ten minutes, and the mediums (or whatever they are actually) don't have the grip but can be abused all race long. Not a fan, personally, in such short races - plus it's always disappointing to see [preferred driver] up in [good position] only for them to go nowhere once the race starts because they don't have the right tyre on. And as for the tyre nomination process...

Weight I can deal with, hybrid/push-to-pass we will see, but if I became Mr Gow for a day the tyre options would be the first change made.
Old 25 Jul 2019, 19:31 (Ref:3919348)   #154
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWiskins View Post
If there isn't a huge difference in pace and the drop-off is limited... what's the point? I thought that was the point - softs are fast but only last ten minutes, and the mediums (or whatever they are actually) don't have the grip but can be abused all race long. Not a fan, personally, in such short races - plus it's always disappointing to see [preferred driver] up in [good position] only for them to go nowhere once the race starts because they don't have the right tyre on. And as for the tyre nomination process...

Weight I can deal with, hybrid/push-to-pass we will see, but if I became Mr Gow for a day the tyre options would be the first change made.
The point is with a big drop off, cars go backwards quickly, they are easy to pass, with a small drop off, the driver has a better chance of putting up a fight and makes for exciting battles, instead of just having to roll over and let the other car pass.
Everyone has to follow the same tyre selection process, it is just a case of each team/driver making the best selection they can at each round. How is there anything wrong in it?
Old 26 Jul 2019, 02:00 (Ref:3919370)   #155
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fair point about the lesser drop-off. I don't think the tyre rules are wrong, I just don't know that they add very much value to what we had before - maybe it's just me. I don't recall ever thinking "you know, this BTCC is great and all but I wish it had multiple tyre compounds."

I could also be a back-in-my-day-er who hates change for no good reason - difficult to tell...
Old 1 Aug 2019, 11:26 (Ref:3920645)   #156
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://twitter.com/mat_jackson/stat...394023426?s=21

😂😂😂
Old 1 Aug 2019, 14:54 (Ref:3920681)   #157
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
exciting times

wonder what that means...
Old 1 Aug 2019, 17:17 (Ref:3920689)   #158
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
The quote did say fit. Had to double check.

This could be #ShakeWithShaun syndrome. Has Mr J just comeback from France and stopped by for tea and biscuits. Maybe nowt more. Maybe a bit of cake too. Or is an AmD incumbent offski at season end. Or sooner.
Old 1 Aug 2019, 19:51 (Ref:3920716)   #159
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
The quote did say fit. Had to double check.

This could be #ShakeWithShaun syndrome. Has Mr J just comeback from France and stopped by for tea and biscuits. Maybe nowt more. Maybe a bit of cake too. Or is an AmD incumbent offski at season end. Or sooner.

Tordoff will leave after the season but Mat wont be back, typical #trollwithShaun post.
Old 5 Aug 2019, 15:39 (Ref:3921529)   #160
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What do you guys think, will Speedworks field the second Corolla next year? Their initial plan was to do so and judging by their upswing in performance at Snetterton, it would be great to see two Corollas with two frontrunners behind the wheels (Tingram and Sutton would be a dream team for me).
Old 5 Aug 2019, 15:43 (Ref:3921530)   #161
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Providing Toyota keep supporting them, which they hopefully should do, I am sure they will go ahead with their plan for a second car next season
Old 5 Aug 2019, 16:12 (Ref:3921536)   #162
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I guess their plans for a second car are dependant on a TLB becoming available.

With HMS looking to return, and Gow wanting a smaller grid, I can't see at the moment where the TBL will come from.

The most likely scenario at the moment seems to be both Motorbase and WSR dropping to two-car teams.
Old 5 Aug 2019, 16:31 (Ref:3921541)   #163
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What about hard ?
Old 6 Aug 2019, 07:31 (Ref:3921624)   #164
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If anyone saw Facebook Live on Saturday, Michael Crees pretty much confirmed Jaguar to be coming in (tho my guess would be not with Hard)
Old 6 Aug 2019, 07:50 (Ref:3921626)   #165
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Not with manufacturer support it won't. So my sources say. Very very hard to justify that given the health of the company at the moment. Having said that, it didn't stop the Phoenix Four at MG Rover chucking money they didn't have at BTCC, Le Mans and a Rally programme.
Old 6 Aug 2019, 08:46 (Ref:3921636)   #166
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Well, I dont know how reliable Michael Crees is as a source but he seems from interviews I have seen the sort to accidently spill some beans he shouldnt. I would expect Team Hard would like to run Jaguars but I really dont think they will.
JLR have plenty to splash into Formula E so maybe they do have budget to spend or at least spread around, perhaps a similar deal to Vauxhall with PMR where they are a works team even if they dont know it.
Old 6 Aug 2019, 09:54 (Ref:3921645)   #167
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Jaguars in BTCC next year?
Old 6 Aug 2019, 11:36 (Ref:3921657)   #168
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
watch facebook live from Saturday (its still there) about 25 mins in:
talking about Hybrid cars Michael Crees says:
"With the hybrid coming out, and a lot of rear wheel drive coming in and new manufacturers and other stuff and people getting interested like with Jaguar and others coming"

Also noticed Exceler8 made an announcement over the weekend about Draper being their title sponsor again next season, but that might be 2+2=5
Old 6 Aug 2019, 11:54 (Ref:3921661)   #169
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Jaguars in BTCC next year?
Yes please, although i will have a problem do i take the jag or the toyota to brands for the test and first race
Old 6 Aug 2019, 11:55 (Ref:3921662)   #170
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
If anyone saw Facebook Live on Saturday, Michael Crees pretty much confirmed Jaguar to be coming in (tho my guess would be not with Hard)
Not sure how a steel roll cage can be fitted to an Aluminium car. Bolt in would have nothing like the rigidity of a steel shell / welded cage
Old 6 Aug 2019, 12:24 (Ref:3921664)   #171
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Not sure how a steel roll cage can be fitted to an Aluminium car. Bolt in would have nothing like the rigidity of a steel shell / welded cage
If its Team Hard, it'll be a 2001 X Type turbo diesel, no problem there!
Old 6 Aug 2019, 12:24 (Ref:3921666)   #172
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Try going back 3 pages in this thread.
Old 6 Aug 2019, 12:40 (Ref:3921671)   #173
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
https://www.motorsportuk.org/assets/...ssafetyk-4.pdf

I've not read it in detail, but I dimly recall from times past that fitting a steel cage to an aluminium (or 'light alloy') chassis requires bonded mounting plates above and below the chassis member which are then drilled through and the cage mounting foot then bolted through the bonded structure. I've just looked up steel/aluminium welding and that's possible but very complicated!

The F-Type in British GT has an aluminium monocoque. If I remember at Donington, I'll ask them how the cage fits.
Old 6 Aug 2019, 12:42 (Ref:3921673)   #174
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Try going back 3 pages in this thread.
Hehe. Glad I wasn't talking out of my behind (and my memory still works, albeit fuzzily)!
Old 6 Aug 2019, 12:56 (Ref:3921675)   #175
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Below is a cut away of the early NGTC build standards. As you can see, none of the stiffness comes from the bodyshell.

Attached Thumbnails
Capture1.JPG