Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Oct 2010, 04:35 (Ref:2781461)   #1
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1995 Australian 2.0L Super Touring Support Race 2 - Aus GP, Adelaide Street Circuit

Thought I'd share this, after finally managing to get it converted so i could upload it...
(sry its messed up the end so u dont see them crossing the line for the chequered flag, it cuts off right as they exited the final corner on the last lap.)

1995 Australian 2.0L Super Touring Support Race 2 - Australian GP, Adelaide Street Circuit...

Fantastic battle for the lead

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYyoP4yw5hc

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVT30qPT2nY
Old 28 Oct 2010, 05:15 (Ref:2781466)   #2
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevan-L View Post
Thought I'd share this, after finally managing to get it converted so i could upload it...
(sry its messed up the end so u dont see them crossing the line for the chequered flag, it cuts off right as they exited the final corner on the last lap.)

1995 Australian 2.0L Super Touring Support Race 2 - Australian GP, Adelaide Street Circuit...

Fantastic battle for the lead

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYyoP4yw5hc

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVT30qPT2nY
Ahh the good old days of the super touring, at least there were more the Holden running around unlike the supertaxi todays
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 28 Oct 2010, 10:10 (Ref:2781553)   #3
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How much better is the old Adelaide circuit with the extra section down near the Stag Hotel??
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 28 Oct 2010, 10:19 (Ref:2781562)   #4
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
They are tending to cut off the most parts of road circuts these days, Adl & Gold Coast
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 28 Oct 2010, 10:56 (Ref:2781580)   #5
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Glad you liked it.. I'm currently going through all the videos i have and converting them, along with all the photos/magazines etc and scanning those in....
I know most ppl here dont really care about the 2.0L days here but i'll post them here anyways... for whoever may be interested
Old 3 Nov 2010, 06:56 (Ref:2784301)   #6
brown dog
Racer

brown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbrown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevan-L View Post
Glad you liked it.. I'm currently going through all the videos i have and converting them, along with all the photos/magazines etc and scanning those in....
I know most ppl here dont really care about the 2.0L days here but i'll post them here anyways... for whoever may be interested
Hi Bevan,
thanks and keep posting!Some of us are definitely interested!

You wouldn't happen to have the whole of the 1994 Winton race would you? (famous for the Longhurst vs. Morris bingle!)

cheers Conrad
Old 3 Nov 2010, 23:53 (Ref:2784669)   #7
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Hi Conrad,

I think i do actually hav it... will have to go through it all and see for sure..

will post it up here when its online.
Old 4 Nov 2010, 01:32 (Ref:2784713)   #8
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From memory it was over two weekend telecasts so Race 1 was first and Race 2 a week later on Ch9.

I found the tape of Race 1 recently but am still looking for the Race 2 tape in my boxes of "stuff" in the shed.

The crash itself is already on YouTube for all to enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhdtDfEOxjg

Shame they put out the Red Flag (against all local advice) as the Toyota Carina (??) would've got a podium finish and it allowed the two involved in the crash to be classified as finishers.
Old 4 Nov 2010, 02:32 (Ref:2784727)   #9
DV_08
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
DV_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have the whole round, I will upload it if no one else has it.
Old 6 Nov 2010, 22:31 (Ref:2786036)   #10
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
From memory it was over two weekend telecasts so Race 1 was first and Race 2 a week later on Ch9.

I found the tape of Race 1 recently but am still looking for the Race 2 tape in my boxes of "stuff" in the shed.

The crash itself is already on YouTube for all to enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhdtDfEOxjg

Shame they put out the Red Flag (against all local advice) as the Toyota Carina (??) would've got a podium finish and it allowed the two involved in the crash to be classified as finishers.
James Kaye did finish on the podium in the Campbell Little (who on earth was he?) Toyota Carina. The red flag stopped him from getting the win. Although it was a close run thing, Kaye, following the Beemers, almost crashed himself the same corner. He was laughing so hard.

So the story goes...
Old 7 Nov 2010, 13:20 (Ref:2786348)   #11
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
They are tending to cut off the most parts of road circuts these days, Adl & Gold Coast
The reason the short Adelaide curcuit was made was because the government/council wasn't sure they (the Supercars) could get enough people through the gate to fill all the space, to justify the extra traffic restrictions.

Such a shame really since they've proven over 10 years that it CAN get enough people through the gate.
Old 7 Nov 2010, 21:34 (Ref:2786693)   #12
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It also allowed Rundle Road to be kept open helping traffic flow into the CBD from the Eastern suburbs.
Old 9 Nov 2010, 11:54 (Ref:2787545)   #13
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
It also allowed Rundle Road to be kept open helping traffic flow into the CBD from the Eastern suburbs.
Hence 'to justify the extra traffic restrictions'
Old 18 Nov 2010, 23:25 (Ref:2792900)   #14
DV_08
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
So here is the 94 Winton round
Race 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIf1sgAc9kQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqzcNHiPbVo
Race 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mgAI9PDyf8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITU_TE4Kxws
Old 19 Nov 2010, 00:04 (Ref:2792909)   #15
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice work. I used to watch the 2L Super Tourers from Australia on Sky Sports here and it's good to see them again.

What's the story with the Sierras that were running? Were they restricted turbos or running non-turbo engines like a few people tried in the UK in 1991?
Old 19 Nov 2010, 02:03 (Ref:2792936)   #16
AspiesengineeringF1Team
Rookie

United Kingdom
Auckland,NZ
AspiesengineeringF1Team should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Amazing Vids. I miss the super touring and I think Australia and NZ need more then just V8's
Old 19 Nov 2010, 03:23 (Ref:2792959)   #17
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Nice work. I used to watch the 2L Super Tourers from Australia on Sky Sports here and it's good to see them again.

What's the story with the Sierras that were running? Were they restricted turbos or running non-turbo engines like a few people tried in the UK in 1991?
They were genuine ex-Group A RS500s, running without the turbocharger.
Old 2 Dec 2010, 23:57 (Ref:2798891)   #18
DV_08
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEvahSLAtGs
Tony Longhurst and Paul Morris interview after the event. The bad thing is, its Today Tonight. Naomi is at her best.
Old 3 Dec 2010, 01:31 (Ref:2798911)   #19
brown dog
Racer

brown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbrown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DV_08 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEvahSLAtGs
Tony Longhurst and Paul Morris interview after the event. The bad thing is, its Today Tonight. Naomi is at her best.
Nice find! I thought the interviewer was really good! Nice to see Tony acknowledge that it was an accident too.
Old 4 Dec 2010, 07:22 (Ref:2799403)   #20
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I was standing right at the point of contact with the wall at the time , my mate and I ran to where the cars eventually came to rest and were horrified at what Tony did after that.

We simply started yelling at him to get out of it and leave him alone , Its not caught on camera that I could see but he turned and looked at us and gave us the finger.

btw , we lost Peter Collins that day in the Fomula Holden/Brabham race after he suffered a heart attack I believe , a sad moment in australian motorsport that has gone unoticed.

RIP Peter
Old 6 Dec 2010, 21:58 (Ref:2800570)   #21
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I think I better correct myself here. It was PAUL Collins not Peter Collins.
Peter is Paul's brother who was the manager of the Lotus F1 team at one stage.

Apologies
Old 6 Dec 2010, 22:02 (Ref:2800576)   #22
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ding, ding, round 2, haha....
Old 24 Mar 2011, 08:33 (Ref:2852311)   #23
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
They were genuine ex-Group A RS500s, running without the turbocharger.
The blue car, driven by Steven Ellery in the race was a reasonably pedigreed car, ex-Glenn Seton Racing. Car later had a few drivers and was owned by Bob Tweedie, Tom's father. Car was later restored to GSR Turbocharged condition. The other Sierra was a bit of a mongrel. It was the Sala family car in turbo-trim, last driven by teenager Bryan Sala before passing into the hands of Steve Masterton and subsequently becoming the original Knight Racing car, predecessor to a fleet of Mondeos.
Old 24 Mar 2011, 10:48 (Ref:2852378)   #24
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Ellery car being the last non V8 to contest a round of the ATCC.
Old 24 Mar 2011, 10:54 (Ref:2852383)   #25
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wasn't this the time Milk moved to three litres and juice could be brought in 500 mls

and the punchup at witon was better viewing than the race!!!!!!!

Last edited by fomoco; 24 Mar 2011 at 10:56. Reason: aditional comment