Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 28 Sep 2007, 10:15 (Ref:2024999)   #176
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359
The fact that it is in its original configuration just screams museum piece to me.
according to DSC, it's about to become street-legal

I want one
Old 28 Sep 2007, 14:22 (Ref:2025172)   #177
pitviper
Racer

pitviper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lol, I was thinking the same thing... actually, now if they'll just build a few more they could enter GT1 ;-)

pit
Old 30 Jan 2021, 23:22 (Ref:4032255)   #178
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Time is the wisest counselor of all. It is the time to ask where is the Lister Hybrid and why did it fail in first place?
Old 2 Feb 2021, 11:36 (Ref:4032974)   #179
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Time is the wisest counselor of all. It is the time to ask where is the Lister Hybrid and why did it fail in first place?
I think I too would be interested in a retrospective about this - the Lister was always one of those charismatic entries that tried to do something different.
At a guess it failed because there was never quite enough cash, the increasing drive towards professionalism, the arrival of Peugeot making it really unlikely that a privateer would get a decent result - and then 2008 happened, with the associated clear out with the economic ripples that caused - which I suspect killed off the plan to run with a Pescarolo based chassis.
I was also disappointed in the 2005ish with the budget they had they'd choose to go testing rather than race - I seem to recall that was Jens Moller's call but I might be way off on that (it has, after all, been quite a while...).
Old 5 Feb 2021, 23:17 (Ref:4033666)   #180
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Was just cash or the last model was not what supposed to be? Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.
Old 8 Feb 2021, 09:33 (Ref:4034021)   #181
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Was just cash or the last model was not what supposed to be? Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.
So this was a good excuse to wrack my memory and looks like this was discussed on this forum horrifyingly 14 years ago.
Scant details but it seems that the main source of money pulled out and that was that.
https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102122