Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Jun 2003, 05:05 (Ref:630212)   #1
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
No big screen = meeting at the same place !

Just to warn :

There's no big screen on the Village's place : the meeting on saturday noon will be where the big screen SHOULD be...

Last edited by Fab; 13 Jun 2003 at 05:07.
Old 13 Jun 2003, 06:58 (Ref:630246)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for the warning see u all tomorrow lunchtime
Old 13 Jun 2003, 17:51 (Ref:630688)   #3
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I just wanted to point out that the meetings already started : arriving at the circuit, Bernard and his team mate invited me for a merguez and BBQ party... just great ! Thank you again for your welcome, Bernard !

Then I had a visit to Gilles working in his shop, visit him too, it's worth it, and practicle, beeing close from the main square of the Village...

Then I had a walk in the pitlane and met Ayse at the end (pic under : check the tee-shirt, we'll have the same tomorrow)); the heat is difficult to stand, but what an ambiance !

Then the whole group of the Tourists, sharing a good beer at the Paddock Bar...

I bought the jacket of my dreams by Bentley and, leaving back home, it was a great honour for me to meet Liz, very busy, coming back to Bentley/Audi press meeting, and having to report her work...

I kept in touch with FG by sms, and just connected with TryHard too.

Ayse met BigH in the pitlane, he tought Ayse was... me !

Last edited by Fab; 13 Jun 2003 at 17:53.
Old 13 Jun 2003, 17:55 (Ref:630693)   #4
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Ambiance of the pits today...

Heat, heat, heat...

Some view of the crowd visiting the pits...
Old 13 Jun 2003, 17:57 (Ref:630694)   #5
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
And the working mens in the pits... all the cars are in pieces...
Old 13 Jun 2003, 17:59 (Ref:630702)   #6
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
And an informative last one to show the new Tertre Rouge grandstands : great view from the top !!!

You have most of the track from Dunlop to Tertre Rouge... just wonderful...
Old 13 Jun 2003, 18:02 (Ref:630706)   #7
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Just one last thing : if I can write english, I speak it like a moron ... so, especially on the phone, do as I am 5 years old, and use simple words and speak slow !

Old 14 Jun 2003, 17:10 (Ref:631380)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fab is incorrect -- he does NOT speak English like a moron. He is a delightful fellow and I very much enjoyed meeting him! I'm only sorry he could not join us for dinner last night but family considerations kept him from that agreeable pursuit of entering the Fog of Calories Zone.

Warning to Americans eating in France: Food contains ingredients, which may be hazardous to your meagre allotment of fats, salt and political correctness.

But it is absolutely delicious.
Old 15 Jun 2003, 06:49 (Ref:631786)   #9
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
!!! We had that meeting at the end !!!! Under the rain, but with plenty of bottles to taste...

More details this evening !!!

Cheers all !

Last edited by Fab; 15 Jun 2003 at 06:52.
Old 15 Jun 2003, 16:03 (Ref:632025)   #10
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
And another meeting today at noon again !
Old 16 Jun 2003, 06:29 (Ref:632566)   #11
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
I wanted to post again about the meetings we had to say again how pleased I was to meet you all : for the picture above, we have, crouching from left to right Ricardo (Javi's father and team mate), Simon (aka SL), Bernard (aka BernardB), Allon (aka AllonFS), Ed (aka Tryhard), and standing from left to right Dominique (Bernard's team mate), Ruppert (aka Nordic), RDJones, Javi, Pascal (aka PascalLM), Francis (aka FG1), Christopher (aka Kpy), and Olwan (Francis's wife and team mate)...

Missing, but on the saturday picture : Ayse and Liz, who were there only on saturday, and Gilles working in the Historic' Tent...

We had a marvelous Rioja (thanks to Javi) on saturday, and a great Tokay d'Alsace (thanks to PascalLM), a Blanc de Blanc (thanks to FG1) and my modest Muscadet on sunday, but it was pleasantely chill !

Roll on 2004 for a BBQ !

Last edited by Fab; 16 Jun 2003 at 07:21.
Old 16 Jun 2003, 08:07 (Ref:632641)   #12
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Roll on 2004 for a BBQ !
didn't I hear something about a sangria too ?

Old 16 Jun 2003, 09:19 (Ref:632716)   #13
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
as there was no big screen, I first went to a meeting I thought was the good one, but they weren't ten-tenths members (unfortunately)

Attached Thumbnails
11.jpg  
Old 16 Jun 2003, 09:25 (Ref:632723)   #14
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
so I searched again and finally found the meeting point

on that one, you'll see the one missing above : Fab

Attached Thumbnails
22.jpg  
Old 16 Jun 2003, 09:57 (Ref:632748)   #15
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by bernard b
so I searched again and finally found the meeting point

on that one, you'll see the one missing above : Fab

I have to admit that I prefer the pic above this one... (i wish I had a date !)

Who's the white one on the right of the picture not holding his guts ?
Old 16 Jun 2003, 10:35 (Ref:632772)   #16
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry about my late arrival on Saturday. But it was really good to mee you all on Yesterday - roll on next year ! !
Old 16 Jun 2003, 12:01 (Ref:632876)   #17
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
sorry i didn't make it...some of us have to work when we're down there you know. before you say "what a great job"...can i point out that the air-conditioning in the press room gave up on WEDNESDAY...so you can imagine what it was like by the weekend..."i'm melting..."!
Old 16 Jun 2003, 15:04 (Ref:633055)   #18
Javi
Veteran

Javi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well, I am glad we finally met, I really enjoyed my little time with tententhers, and hope to see everyone again (plus many others) next june. We´ll have a meal together, and, (for Bernard b), sangria WILL come from spain.
best regards to everyone
Old 16 Jun 2003, 20:35 (Ref:633436)   #19
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was good to put names to faces and be able to say hello to everyone

Simon
Old 16 Jun 2003, 21:20 (Ref:633510)   #20
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Fantastic to meet everyone, and thanks for the various wines, much appreciated and helped numb the pain from the coach journey down! It will seem odd now picturing people when I see their posts here, although I will probably forget everyone's real names rather rapidly and still know you all by your 'nom de plumes'.

See you all next year, same time same place?
(We need a smilie with wine glasses!)
Old 16 Jun 2003, 22:01 (Ref:633578)   #21
Sean Crockett
Racer

Wales
South Wales (UK)
Sean Crockett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to have missed the meeting, but without the big screen in place, I assumed the meeting wasn't going to take place due to the confusion

Perhaps I'll get the chance to meet some of you next year
Old 17 Jun 2003, 04:45 (Ref:633740)   #22
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Sorry that we missed you, Kdr and Sean Crockett : we may extend our meetings too friday noon next year !

For Allon : I have this one and this one ...

And for the names, I posted them under the meetings pictures above : but I'll do again in the next 363 days (darn : 364 days, it's a bisextile year next one ! )
Old 17 Jun 2003, 17:48 (Ref:634583)   #23
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No, Fab, you forget the two days of the race !

only 362 days to go !

It was a very pleasant meeting, i'll buy Rioja wine next saturday.

hello to everyone and see you all next year. And surely there will be much more 10T members !
Old 18 Jun 2003, 11:39 (Ref:635410)   #24
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
sorry i didn't make it...some of us have to work when we're down there you know. before you say "what a great job"...can i point out that the air-conditioning in the press room gave up on WEDNESDAY...so you can imagine what it was like by the weekend..."i'm melting..."!
Is that the story they told? I noted there was no air conditioning at Audi or Bentley either so figured it was either on strike or something they had not yet discovered. And if it went west on Wednesday, why was no one sent out to buy some fans??????

I could have done a lot more work if I hadn't had to leave every five minutes to breathe non-superheated air!
Old 18 Jun 2003, 12:54 (Ref:635479)   #25
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
thats what i heard, although it might have been chinese whispers. i fear we're not going to get much sympathy from our fellow ten-tenthers...not even playing the 40 degrees at midnight card would work i'm afraid!