Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 18 Aug 2001, 10:18 (Ref:132073)   #1
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Eastern Creek Historics - September 7-9

The HSRCA's premier meeting for the year is just weeks away and who will make the trek to see the old cars race around one of Australia's premier motorsport venues?

Richard Carter, Chris Farrell & Dr Michael Henderson will be there of course, continuing their eternal duel for supremacy in the open wheelers, a large contingent of Sportscars will be racing and hopefully there'll be a fair size grid of pre war vintage racers. Of course, the highlight for many will be the Group N Historic Touring Cars, of which 100 entries are expected!

If you come to the meeting, be sure and come in to the pits and have a look at all the great old cars and come and say Hi. I'll be in the red Datsun 1600 #72.
Old 20 Aug 2001, 11:11 (Ref:132976)   #2
redback
Racer

redback should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't make the Oran Park meeting but I'll try to make this one. I'll call by and say hello if I can.
Old 31 Aug 2001, 20:49 (Ref:139203)   #3
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, I've just received the final paperwork and Wow! The largest entry for any race meeting ever in Australia. 420 cars are entered. Pit space will be at a super premium. I'll be in garage #42 with former Qld champion Greg Burrowes in his quick lime green XU-1 Torana.

All up there are 89 Historic Toruing Cars entered. The organisers have decided to split us by sub-group, these are determined by year model, so there will be 46 pre'65 cars in one race and 43 '65-'72 cars in another race. The later model touring cars are dominated by big banger muscle cars like V8 Mustangs, GT Falcons and XU-1 Toranas, with a few Valiants and Monaros thrown in. All up there are 33 over 3-litre cars in this rce. This will also be the biggest ever turnout of Qld competitors, with 12 Group N cars making the trek south.

There is also a big turnout of historic Formula Fords, enough to have their own race. My uncle will be making his debut in regularity trials, driving a replica of Herbie the love bug. There are no pre 1930 cars entered but a big field of 1930-1960 Sports and Racing cars. There are plenty of 1960-1974 Production Sports Cars entered and a huge turnout from the 1960-1980 open wheelers, including some Formula 5000. Yay!!!
Old 5 Sep 2001, 10:36 (Ref:141649)   #4
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Forgot to mention, the theme of the meeting is Australian Specials. There will be a huge display of them in a marquee and special races just for specials. There will also be demonstartion laps for those specials present, which aren't racing.

Re-reading the entry list and I notice there are 20 XU-1 Toranas entered, that must be close to a record. They'll be chasing 5 GT Falcons, 5 V8 Mustangs, 2 V8 Monaros, 2 Valiant Pacers and an E49 Charger. Muscle car fans, be there!