Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Feb 2003, 15:58 (Ref:501470)   #1
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pescarolo Courage C60Evo or C60 next year?

It seemed to me that the de cortanze C60 Evo was not that successful this year, so i was wondering whether they're going to continue with the evo, or revert to the old car, or even a works courage C60JX (the light blue one)
Old 9 Feb 2003, 16:24 (Ref:501497)   #2
danhx
Racer

danhx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think i remember reading somewhere that they are going to keep on with the Evo, but i'm not totally sure. They really didn't get too much developement time with it last year so it would seem more practical to keep trying it to make sure that it wasn't a futile waste of time and effort.
Old 9 Feb 2003, 16:31 (Ref:501504)   #3
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
good.

It would seem a good idea to do that cos come 04, they can easily stick a roof on it (because lets face it, it's a gtp without a roof)
Old 9 Feb 2003, 17:02 (Ref:501522)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There was something on DSC last week about Pescarolo's plans - the top and the bottom of it was that he is looking for partners after lossing the Terreal and the Total-Fina-Elf deals.

Pescarolo is still supported by Peugeot,he has been able to prepare a budget for Sodemo to continue the evolution of the engine. The chassis has continued its aerodynamic evolution.They are planning to run the cars on the 13 & 14 February on the Bugatti circuit. The article also says that Boullion and Lagorce will continue to drive for the squad.
Old 9 Feb 2003, 21:52 (Ref:501815)   #5
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
What a shame Henri Pescarolo is having budget issues. With Prost GP gone, you'd hope that Pescarolo Sport, headed after all by a racing legend, would become a focus for a national French squad and sponsors - Elf, Peugeot, um... OK, there must be more. But you see what I mean. Instead, the FFSA gets ORECA to run a singleton Viper. Psscht. At least a pair of Pescarolo Courage-Peugeots would be French cars with French engines. Not, of course, that the French are ardently nationalistic (arf!).
Old 9 Feb 2003, 22:13 (Ref:501836)   #6
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Well, the FFSA could sponsor pescarolo. But ORECA has won before.
Old 9 Feb 2003, 22:23 (Ref:501847)   #7
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Not for a while, though. And not under the aegis of the FFSA. The Viper is, increasingly, old hat.
Old 10 Feb 2003, 19:25 (Ref:502628)   #8
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I saw Henri Pescarolo in a professionnal meeting (french finale of 'worldskills contest) last saturday, but unfortunately was not able to speak to him...

It seems that the C60 Evo made good improvements... and a Pecarolo car will always be green : its color, and La Sarthe sponsoring too...

Last edited by Fab; 10 Feb 2003 at 19:27.
Old 10 Feb 2003, 19:27 (Ref:502631)   #9
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
Not, of course, that the French are ardently nationalistic (arf!).
Aren't we ?
Old 10 Feb 2003, 22:52 (Ref:502820)   #10
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
i think the point is that you are, which is why the FFSA would never sponser a car painted Green. BUt by the same token, Pescarolo could be comprimising himself by having only French sponsers.

Moss wanted to drive only British cars before in his early F1 career and it nearly finished him
Old 11 Feb 2003, 06:07 (Ref:502993)   #11
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
i think the point is that you are, which is why the FFSA would never sponser a car painted Green. BUt by the same token, Pescarolo could be comprimising himself by having only French sponsers.
Ha, froggies
Old 11 Feb 2003, 12:22 (Ref:503264)   #12
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Ha, froggies
I didn't mean it like that, we brits are only like that because we resent the good weather you have
Old 11 Feb 2003, 14:57 (Ref:503422)   #13
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Perhaps the FFSA wouldn't sponsor a green car, but wasn't their Viper predominantly white? The national racing colour is blue, surely. (Besides, I think the Courage would look gorgeous in dark blue but looks a bit tacky in mid-green.)
Old 11 Feb 2003, 16:52 (Ref:503489)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The first one (the famous Terrien car) was almost entirely blue.
Old 11 Feb 2003, 17:18 (Ref:503530)   #15
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
We've already seen the car in dark blue, and yes it is nicer that way, but i don't think the green looks tacky, on the other hand i don't think that it would look bad in green and blue.
Old 11 Feb 2003, 17:44 (Ref:503555)   #16
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
The first one (the famous Terrien car) was almost entirely blue.
Which was seen heading for the Scrape yard in June 2001..............
Old 12 Feb 2003, 06:14 (Ref:504071)   #17
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
I didn't mean it like that, we brits are only like that because we resent the good weather you have
I forgot and on my last post !
Old 12 Feb 2003, 06:19 (Ref:504074)   #18
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
Perhaps the FFSA wouldn't sponsor a green car, but wasn't their Viper predominantly white? The national racing colour is blue, surely. (Besides, I think the Courage would look gorgeous in dark blue but looks a bit tacky in mid-green.)
Pescarolo car is green, because it's Pescarolo color since mid-60' : he's always wore a green helmet --> green = Pescarolo in the french support mind...

Besides, the color fits with La Sarthe, one of the main sponsors...

Blue is the french official color, used by : Courage SMG (2000 and 2001), and Courage Team now.

I was not so fan of the 2000 and 2001 Pescarolo Courages, but I love the Evo shape, with the green color which feets good to my taste ; unfortunately, the car was not so good on the track : I hope the evo... of the Evo works better !
Old 16 Feb 2003, 19:38 (Ref:508773)   #19
danhx
Racer

danhx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pescarolo Sport was testing the C60 Evo at the Bugatti Circuit last week according to maisonblanche.co.uk, so they are sticking with the Evo. Thank goodness!
Old 16 Feb 2003, 20:40 (Ref:508842)   #20
H16
Racer

H16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you know the details that went into the GT1, then I don't think you can put that on another car that is open top and designed different. Certainly, the wing, the nose, the sides, all those spoke GT1 Toyota, but I don't think it worked out the way De Cortanze wanted.

The Peugeot is proabably not that great of an engine, but is proabably Henri's meal ticket so he has to run it. Having said that, Caddy proved that a good car can overcome a down on power engine, so I hope for similar success for Henri's team.
Old 17 Feb 2003, 06:40 (Ref:509198)   #21
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by H16
The Peugeot is proabably not that great of an engine, but is proabably Henri's meal ticket so he has to run it
Right ; Pescarolo has a deal with Peugeot-Sodemo (Sport engines) to improve this one...

Beyond that, Henri Pescarolo gave an interview to Spirit Of (french site) ; he says that the wind tunnel he used lats year was a (first time I 'hear' him using that kind of word !) - All the datas were wrong ! This is a 'static' tunnel, not a 'dynamic' ; the tunnel gave them exactly the opposite result they needed ! I.e., he said that Bentley made this year (2003 specs) the choices they wouldn't have done last year because of this wind tunnel, and he concludes saying 'so I think they're right, we did the opposite and we were wrong all along !'

:confused: Surprising, isn't it ?

They really have no money, and the La Filière project has for purpose to improve skills of young 'mecanics' (is that the right term ? Young people studying mecanical technics ?)... not to be a 'top team'...