Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 14 Oct 2020, 22:02 (Ref:4010728)   #2801
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
I have a permanent curfew at 9pm - after which I'm not allowed to make a noise in the garage that management can hear in the house
Old 14 Oct 2020, 22:43 (Ref:4010733)   #2802
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
This was quite a good one, Unless it's genuine ? I did send it to the phishing dept so I will see. The email address that it came from looked a "little" bid dubious I would love to click on it and fill the form in but I haven't the nerve to try it .
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (32).png
Views:	11
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	64722
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Oct 2020, 01:06 (Ref:4010750)   #2803
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Absolutely guaranteed fake, as I'm sure you knew......no government dept would ever communicate like that.

But presumably some people must fall for it?
Old 15 Oct 2020, 15:08 (Ref:4010844)   #2804
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Absolutely guaranteed fake, as I'm sure you knew......no government dept would ever communicate like that.

But presumably some people must fall for it?
Can't be fake, there's no spelling mistakes
Old 15 Oct 2020, 17:26 (Ref:4010867)   #2805
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Can't be fake, there's no spelling mistakes

Fair point, well made

Got a phone call that roused me from my slumbers this morning from a gentleman who announced himself to be from BT Openreach......I'm afraid I was somewhat tetchy and didn't give him a chance to explain whatever he wanted to say before I robustly expressed the opinion that he was lying....I fear I may have upset him as he replied that I was a F*****g C***. Unfortunately he then ended the call before I could explain that I'm with Virgin.....
Old 15 Oct 2020, 18:05 (Ref:4010872)   #2806
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
The best ones are when they start with "I am speaking on behalf of XXX". i simply say "so you don't actually work for XXX" and let them try and talk their way out of it before I ask them to "go away", and Lancsbreaker yes obviously I knew it was a scam but I would love to fill in one of their forms, however I bet I wouldn't be the first to give them some "wrong information"
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Oct 2020, 19:20 (Ref:4010880)   #2807
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
I don't know if people realize just how cheap we can get things on eBay in the UK compared with abroad. I want a rear silencer for my old Peugeot 206 in Spain that I have bodged up with fire cement, I can get one for £23 inc delivery in the UK and the cheapest that I can find in Spain is about twice the price plus €26 delivery.
So in real terms that's about 3 times the price ! Hmm I wonder if I can get one in the overhead locker on the next flight ?
Old 15 Oct 2020, 22:37 (Ref:4010899)   #2808
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You're well advised not to click Gordon, as these days the link can hide a nasty piece of malware that can install itself on your computer. It can genuinely send your cash to PO Box 1 Lagos!

I had to have a long chat with 84 y o mother about all things nasty on emails the other day. She listened but I don't think she took it on, let alone understood. I won't let her have a smart phone, which means she can't have the Serco Covid 19 app - thankfully! She would.probanlyamahe to check in as Vatican City and have to self isolate despite.mever having left the country

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 16 Oct 2020, 04:02 (Ref:4010921)   #2809
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This YouTube channel has some interesting vids.

Apparently some of the work was the basis for a Panorama investigation a short time ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSP_0iLzTgk

I especially enjoyed the one where he had obtained a company's recorded telephone conversations and their internal CCTV files and used the time stamps to match the CCTV and the Phone conversations.

I think this was the one (there are 4 in the series).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV-qa9M-o4E
Old 16 Oct 2020, 08:03 (Ref:4010939)   #2810
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've had someone trying to sell me a new boiler recently, clearly calling from a call centre in India, ringing a number that I've only ever used for registering internet domains. They appear as a selection of UK mobile numbers which were originally issued by Ofcom to Vodafone.

First call: ignored
Second call: answered, they put the phone down
Third call: answered, listened, asked where they got my number from, they put the phone down
Fourth call: answered, listened, asked again where they got my number from, listened to some random tale of "we're calling everyone with boilers more than 7 years old" and I put the phone down

Fifth call: they got both barrels

There's not been a sixth!
Old 16 Oct 2020, 08:08 (Ref:4010943)   #2811
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I always get ones from people claiming I was involved in a road accident and I don't even have a car!
Old 16 Oct 2020, 11:18 (Ref:4010981)   #2812
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I always get ones from people claiming I was involved in a road accident and I don't even have a car!

Much better compo possible if you are injured in a road accident and are not the insured party paying out.
Old 17 Oct 2020, 07:59 (Ref:4011115)   #2813
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Obviously you lot are too clever, I shall have to think of some new scams.
Old 17 Oct 2020, 08:39 (Ref:4011120)   #2814
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Maybe you should try it on the government, they could be easily led if persuaded
Old 19 Oct 2020, 03:08 (Ref:4011446)   #2815
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
You're well advised not to click Gordon, as these days the link can hide a nasty piece of malware that can install itself on your computer. It can genuinely send your cash to PO Box 1 Lagos!

I had to have a long chat with 84 y o mother about all things nasty on emails the other day. She listened but I don't think she took it on, let alone understood. I won't let her have a smart phone, which means she can't have the Serco Covid 19 app - thankfully! She would.probanlyamahe to check in as Vatican City and have to self isolate despite.mever having left the country

I can understand your mothers sentiments, was well into my eighties last week, have to consult and require granddaughters assistance on many an internet problems. Have recently had to register the Lotus Cortina with DVLA,, had a spate of e mails requiring me to update my details with them,including all my credit card details, can't even remember where my credit cards are let alone there details.
Old 19 Oct 2020, 15:07 (Ref:4011518)   #2816
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Falce View Post
I can understand your mothers sentiments, was well into my eighties last week, have to consult and require granddaughters assistance on many an internet problems. Have recently had to register the Lotus Cortina with DVLA,, had a spate of e mails requiring me to update my details with them,including all my credit card details, can't even remember where my credit cards are let alone there details.
I'm amazed you have a credit card Eric. Thought you would be a good old fashioned pie and mash man.
Old 20 Oct 2020, 15:28 (Ref:4011667)   #2817
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Obviously you lot are too clever, I shall have to think of some new scams.

Well , they have seen right through your latest one Bob .
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...ls-email-fraud

I mean , pretending to be the DVLA ???
Old 20 Oct 2020, 15:41 (Ref:4011668)   #2818
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I had a phone call earlier today from the "HMRC Fraud Department" apparently if I didn't press '1' and speak to their advisor immediately I would be "arrested shortly".

No sign of the rozzers yet
Old 20 Oct 2020, 19:09 (Ref:4011693)   #2819
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
For those who haven't seen it, Bad Obsession actually got the race car on track in a real race in the latest episode...........
Old 21 Oct 2020, 08:15 (Ref:4011757)   #2820
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I had a phone call earlier today from the "HMRC Fraud Department" apparently if I didn't press '1' and speak to their advisor immediately I would be "arrested shortly".

No sign of the rozzers yet
I had that yesterday too! We must be in the same fraud gang. See you in The Scrubs.

Old 21 Oct 2020, 08:57 (Ref:4011767)   #2821
S griffin
Veteran

And I got yet another nuisance call yesterday from someone claiming I was involved in a car accident
Old 21 Oct 2020, 09:08 (Ref:4011769)   #2822
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I had that yesterday too! We must be in the same fraud gang. See you in The Scrubs.

I dont know, glad I'm retired and self isolating, just my cars,garden dogs to keep me occupied, no one keeps me informed when they are at Brands anymore.
Old 21 Oct 2020, 09:32 (Ref:4011774)   #2823
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Clearly HMRC is monitoring Ten Tenths!
Old 21 Oct 2020, 12:01 (Ref:4011807)   #2824
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Interesting I dont get any cold callers these days.Mind you the phone hardly rings at all now. Very nice too.Just get thousands of e mails.
Old 22 Oct 2020, 07:35 (Ref:4011916)   #2825
midgetman
Veteran

I often switch the phone to silent. Anyone I know who wants to reach me will use Messenger or What's App, anyone who is a business call will leave a VM and those that don't probably don't really want to speak to me in particular.

This is a hint - message rather than ring LOL.