Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Apr 2020, 11:37 (Ref:3972620)   #26
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Hehehe I also looked and the only Aus based copy was $45 delivered next week.... one from the UK was much cheaper but delivery not until June by 'economy' mail only.
If you haven't already bought, Abe Books are listing one in Australia.
Old 24 Apr 2020, 12:05 (Ref:3972627)   #27
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
If you haven't already bought, Abe Books are listing one in Australia.
John, thanks so much for taking the trouble to dig out the info. Much appreciated and hugely grateful. Email just sent to seller to process 'the deal'
Cheers
Chris (EB)
Old 24 Apr 2020, 12:16 (Ref:3972632)   #28
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
John, thanks so much for taking the trouble to dig out the info. Much appreciated and hugely grateful. Email just sent to seller to process 'the deal'
Cheers
Chris (EB)
No problem - just happened to be looking through & that caught my eye.

I'm dithering over a certain copy myself!
Old 24 Apr 2020, 13:40 (Ref:3972647)   #29
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
No problem - just happened to be looking through & that caught my eye.

I'm dithering over a certain copy myself!
I see you haven't changed over the years then John.

Get a copy, you will not regret it.
Old 24 Apr 2020, 13:55 (Ref:3972650)   #30
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I see you haven't changed over the years then John.

Get a copy, you will not regret it.
Funny you should say that - only yesterday a friend sent me a photo he had found of me at Silverstone in 1997 & I haven't changed at all (well, only a little bit). Only problem is we haven't a clue what the occasion was - it's not a race meeting, possibly a Ford press event - and I have no idea who I am talking to in the picture! I can confirm it's not you.

And yes, I've just splashed out on a rather expensive signed copy, so the book on eBay on the French Grand Prix by our dear departed friend David Hodges might have to wait.
Old 24 Apr 2020, 20:37 (Ref:3972704)   #31
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I make it six people have purchased copies of the Moss book I recommended, I am extremely flattered that anyone respects my opinion - on any thing!

I am quite sure that no one will regret it.

Cheers,

Bauble.
Old 25 Apr 2020, 04:10 (Ref:3972746)   #32
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I make it six people have purchased copies of the Moss book I recommended, I am extremely flattered that anyone respects my opinion - on any thing!

I am quite sure that no one will regret it.

Cheers,

Bauble.
Your influence can truly be referred to as worldwide!
Old 25 Apr 2020, 05:26 (Ref:3972754)   #33
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Your influence can truly be referred to as worldwide!
Robert Raymond is actually the pen name for Robert Bull.
Old 25 Apr 2020, 06:32 (Ref:3972756)   #34
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Robert Raymond is actually the pen name for Robert Bull.
Blabbermouth! Now the secret is out, and I may never make the New York Times Best Seller List.

I have had to cancel my interview with Laura.
Old 25 Apr 2020, 06:56 (Ref:3972759)   #35
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Blabbermouth! Now the secret is out, and I may never make the New York Times Best Seller List.

I have had to cancel my interview with Laura.
You should be grateful for that - you just know the irrelevant sort of questions that one would ask...
Old 25 Apr 2020, 18:22 (Ref:3972856)   #36
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Thank you!
Not as good as Blight Bible but in same class!
If only someone would do an Alta book
Old 25 Apr 2020, 19:03 (Ref:3972861)   #37
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Thank you!
Not as good as Blight Bible but in same class!
If only someone would do an Alta book
Why not you? What else have you got to do?

Glad you enjoyed the book.

Bob
Old 28 Apr 2020, 20:41 (Ref:3973450)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My copy of the Moss book arrived today. In splendid condition with a great dust jacket for a book that is now 67 years old! Looking forward to a read....
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7924.JPG  
Old 4 May 2020, 17:15 (Ref:3974458)   #39
Michael S
Rookie

Michael S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BBC2 is showing Racing Legends Stirling Moss on Saturday 9 May at 7PM
Old 5 May 2020, 08:55 (Ref:3974574)   #40
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
I've received my copy this morning. Like Aysedasi's, mine also has a fine dust jacket, & is also signed by the man himself. However, tucked in various pages through the book I also found various press cuttings about Sir Stirling, all from 1996/97, & even a birthday card depicting SM in the Camorardi Birdcage Maserati, also dated 1997.

Now I wonder who Barbara was.........
Old 5 May 2020, 09:27 (Ref:3974579)   #41
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I've received my copy this morning. Like Aysedasi's, mine also has a fine dust jacket, & is also signed by the man himself. However, tucked in various pages through the book I also found various press cuttings about Sir Stirling, all from 1996/97, & even a birthday card depicting SM in the Camorardi Birdcage Maserati, also dated 1997.

Now I wonder who Barbara was.........
A bit on the side ?
Old 5 May 2020, 11:21 (Ref:3974599)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael S View Post
BBC2 is showing Racing Legends Stirling Moss on Saturday 9 May at 7PM
Thanks for this.
Old 5 May 2020, 16:01 (Ref:3974638)   #43
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just ordered a copy of "that book" from amazing.
Old 5 May 2020, 19:08 (Ref:3974665)   #44
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’ve tracked down a copy (with dust jacket) here in the US too.
Old 5 May 2020, 19:34 (Ref:3974670)   #45
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Bob, reckon you are just about safe to order that new Corsa now!
Old 5 May 2020, 20:06 (Ref:3974674)   #46
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Bob, reckon you are just about safe to order that new Corsa now!
Maybe I will wait for some feed back first John, perhaps there will be a lot of dissatisfied customers wanting their money back.

Always a danger when making recommendations.
Old 8 May 2020, 14:19 (Ref:3975092)   #47
bauble
Veteran

England
Sir Stirling Moss.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4563.JPG  
Old 14 May 2020, 02:39 (Ref:3976004)   #48
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
My issue of the Bauble recommended 'SM' book has arrived today in great condition, with a good dust cover and I am looking forward to reading it. No signatures though.
Old 14 May 2020, 05:46 (Ref:3976012)   #49
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mine doesn't have a DJ so I'll wear one when I read it.
Old 14 May 2020, 07:10 (Ref:3976023)   #50
Samoan Attorney
Racer

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just ordered a copy..........if John Elwin recommends..........