Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 30 Nov 2005, 20:18 (Ref:1474140)   #1
gwar
Racer

gwar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jo (Jacqui) Simmons

It is with great sadness that my sister Jo Simmons passed away on the 15th November, aged 38, after being involved in a car accident. She was an active member of Dolphin Motor Club and Basingstoke Motor Club and competed in 12 car rallies and stage rallies as a driver and also marshalled at events. Those who knew her would know that she had two children, who are now living with their dad. There is an article in the Motorsport News today as well. She will be very much missed by her family & friends.

Wendy
Old 30 Nov 2005, 20:28 (Ref:1474148)   #2
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm very sorry. Many condolences to you and the family.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 20:42 (Ref:1474160)   #3
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So sorry to hear your sad news. Although we have never met, please accept my condolances to you and your family and friends.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 21:16 (Ref:1474179)   #4
gwar
Racer

Mark, thanks for your reply. We have probably met because we marshal at various locations all over the country as race marshals. Thank you.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 21:33 (Ref:1474191)   #5
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm so sorry to hear your bad news Wendy. My thoughts are with you and your family - especially her children at this dreadful time.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 22:09 (Ref:1474214)   #6
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sincere condolences, Wendy.
Old 1 Dec 2005, 08:05 (Ref:1474416)   #7
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Wendy, my sincere condolances and I hope the father and children manage to cope in this terrible time.

Stephen.
Old 1 Dec 2005, 10:26 (Ref:1474526)   #8
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wendy, a very sad and tragic event. My sincere condolences and that of 10-Tenths to family and friends.
Old 1 Dec 2005, 19:19 (Ref:1474983)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Please add my condolences.
Old 2 Dec 2005, 23:00 (Ref:1476032)   #10
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As mentioned above I dont think Jo was known to me but it always sad to hear that someone has passed away..
Thoughts to you and the children and their farther in this time of sadness..
Old 3 Dec 2005, 00:57 (Ref:1476085)   #11
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am not a marshall, and am not in those circles. Yet, I was deeply touched by your tragic loss, and would like to offer my personal condolences to you, your family, Jo's friends and most of all her children.

Kind regards,

Paul
Old 4 Dec 2005, 13:40 (Ref:1476790)   #12
gwar
Racer

Thankyou all for your kind comments, Jo,s funeral was held on tuesday, there was at least 100 people there, and a big contingent from the rally world who travelled from all over the country to see Jo off...thankyou.