Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 16 Sep 2020, 19:38 (Ref:4002855)   #5126
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nashville is officially confirmed and will take place on August 6-8, next year.

https://racer.com/2020/09/16/indycar...race-for-2021/
Old 16 Sep 2020, 20:52 (Ref:4002875)   #5127
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have to say, not so interesting really. I guess the late brakers maybe but meh to the base design. But I'll still watch of course.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 08:27 (Ref:4002958)   #5128
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Reminds me of the proposed Miami GP circuit.

I kinda like it. I also think it'll be nice to see a new street circuit.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 08:44 (Ref:4002963)   #5129
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
We'll see how well it suits the Indycars. Interesting experiment though. I just hope it is does the business
Old 17 Sep 2020, 13:26 (Ref:4003063)   #5130
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks like streets around a parking lot, not so fun, then zooming across the Cumberland, which I don't think gets approved somehow, but looks fun. Turn around and come back. Kinda bonkers looking, which may not suit actual racing but might be good fun to watch.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 15:20 (Ref:4003132)   #5131
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I'm all in!
Old 17 Sep 2020, 17:22 (Ref:4003171)   #5132
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I have to say, not so interesting really. I guess the late brakers maybe but meh to the base design. But I'll still watch of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Looks like streets around a parking lot, not so fun, then zooming across the Cumberland, which I don't think gets approved somehow, but looks fun. Turn around and come back. Kinda bonkers looking, which may not suit actual racing but might be good fun to watch.
That is a bizarre layout, I can't wait to see what it looks like in reality with cars going around. It needs a nickname though, I'm thinking "The Ladle"
Old 17 Sep 2020, 18:48 (Ref:4003208)   #5133
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All I can think of with The Ladle is the Ray Romano old bit. But I like it, think we should send that to RM for the mailbag.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 20:59 (Ref:4003268)   #5134
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mclaughlin confirmed for St. Pete.

https://racer.com/2020/09/17/penske-...n-for-st-pete/
Old 17 Sep 2020, 21:59 (Ref:4003299)   #5135
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
That is a bizarre layout, I can't wait to see what it looks like in reality with cars going around. It needs a nickname though, I'm thinking "The Ladle"
that's better than skinny dipper!
Old 18 Sep 2020, 08:08 (Ref:4003377)   #5136
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Mclaughlin confirmed for St. Pete.
Even the sheep are excited...
This should be worth waiting for.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 20:15 (Ref:4003657)   #5137
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Indy confirms 10k for Harvest GP. From Racer:

The Indianapolis Motor Speedway will welcome up to 10,000 fans for the October 1-4 Harvest Grand Prix NTT IndyCar Series event.

Two fan zones will be created in the Turn 1 and Turn 4, where groups of 5,000 tickets will be sold for each region in the oval grandstands. According to IMS, attendees will receive a mask and hand sanitizer in an effort to ensure safety protocols are followed.

https://racer.com/2020/09/18/10000-f...ar-harvest-gp/

Also for those who desire an interesting item with history, all the 2020 May Indy 500 gear is 50% off at the IMS store.

Last edited by broadrun96; 18 Sep 2020 at 20:21.
Old 19 Sep 2020, 05:40 (Ref:4003727)   #5138
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
That Nashville layout doesn't look real. They're going to go over a bridge? Is that even allowed with these cars? What happens if they touch wheels and get airborne?

But I am very interested in seeing this. Kinda looks like reversing direction might make a few corners better for passing.
Old 19 Sep 2020, 13:40 (Ref:4003921)   #5139
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I'm guessing there will be lots of chain link catch fencing along the bridge as installed around ovals.
Old 19 Sep 2020, 13:55 (Ref:4003938)   #5140
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I still don't think it gets approved to go over the bridge. Either for safety or b/c Nashville liberals won't allow for whatever reason they come up with.

I also wonder what the actual surface condition is. Built in 2004, it is Korean Veterans Blvd Bridge and here's a great look at it.

https://depositphotos.com/208010724/...boulevard.html

I'd like to reserve a seat on top of the bridge, please. If this happens, I wanna go.
Old 19 Sep 2020, 16:20 (Ref:4004078)   #5141
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I still don't think it gets approved to go over the bridge. Either for safety or b/c Nashville liberals won't allow for whatever reason they come up with.

I also wonder what the actual surface condition is. Built in 2004, it is Korean Veterans Blvd Bridge and here's a great look at it.

I'd like to reserve a seat on top of the bridge, please. If this happens, I wanna go.
Haha, yeah.... looking at that pic, I dont see that happening. They'd have a lot of safety issues it looks like. Doesn't even look to have much of a barrier at the edge as is, like less than many bridges have.

Could just go with the default: the cars are passing by each other going both directions. How can they possibly socially distance then? Shut it down for covid concerns!
Old 19 Sep 2020, 16:29 (Ref:4004083)   #5142
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Haha, yeah.... looking at that pic, I dont see that happening. They'd have a lot of safety issues it looks like. Doesn't even look to have much of a barrier at the edge as is, like less than many bridges have.

Could just go with the default: the cars are passing by each other going both directions. How can they possibly socially distance then? Shut it down for covid concerns!
I see double central Jersey barrier with catch fencing facing "out" (or in, however you look at it) and a single barrier inside the outer edge of the bridge with the same catch fencing. It seems doable, but certainly pushing the envelope, which generally not in favor of on temp circuits, but how cool would it be see?!!
Old 19 Sep 2020, 19:40 (Ref:4004277)   #5143
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I'm confused as the Indy track guy has been involved in the design with Indy officials and Roger. Who else needs to approve it, Indy doesn't answer to the FIA I don't think.

That said, making it work seems a huge ask for Indy now as it has no government money in it.
Old 20 Sep 2020, 03:54 (Ref:4004631)   #5144
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I'm confused as the Indy track guy has been involved in the design with Indy officials and Roger. Who else needs to approve it, Indy doesn't answer to the FIA I don't think.

That said, making it work seems a huge ask for Indy now as it has no government money in it.
Fair point on approval. Maybe the drivers will have a say? But who listens to them? And you know things on paper vs reality are two things....

Still seems like a tall order, but game on imho.
Old 20 Sep 2020, 04:06 (Ref:4004644)   #5145
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

My wife was just saying yesterday she wants to go to Nashville at some point, this might be that point!

But how wide is that bridge? Cars have to go both ways on it!
Old 20 Sep 2020, 04:31 (Ref:4004661)   #5146
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
My wife was just saying yesterday she wants to go to Nashville at some point, this might be that point!

But how wide is that bridge? Cars have to go both ways on it!
Check the link in the previous post; good look at the bridge. Total 4 or 6 lanes; it's doable.
Old 20 Sep 2020, 09:14 (Ref:4004763)   #5147
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I'm sure they've made sure the bridge is wide enough. They wouldn't do it unless they thought so. They are not stupid
Old 21 Sep 2020, 23:27 (Ref:4005477)   #5148
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
IndyCar is in good standing with FIA as member of the ACCUS.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 11:42 (Ref:4005562)   #5149
S griffin
Veteran

Of course the FIA doesn’t run Indycars, but it does have some regulations for it to adhere. But thankfully the Indycar organisers do things their way
Old 22 Sep 2020, 15:21 (Ref:4005623)   #5150
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Of course the FIA doesn’t run Indycars, but it does have some regulations for it to adhere. But thankfully the Indycar organisers do things their way
Yeah, I think Cotman, who sits on the track group at the FIA, does Indy's track work for the series themselves. I don't think they need to have an FIA inspector come out to sign off. He was involved in the design so there's no one above him to deny the bridge idea.

That said, the city needs to sign off on the plan and the road use. There's some rumbles in the Nashville press if the council changes parties there may be some push back against closing a major access point for a couple weeks. But nothing other than hints and possibles.