Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 19 Sep 2020, 20:38 (Ref:4004337)   #241
WyldStallion
Rookie

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
Well, it's 2020 after all - nothing really surprises me anymore.

It'll be weird, but at the same time I don't mind the change. Question is... when they say they will convert it into a "high banked" half-mile track, what sort of banking are we talking about? 30-35+ degrees, to make it close to the old, unmolested Bristol? That would be glorious.
I guess the 2 mile track was losing money. The big NASCAR track expansion boom of the late 2000's is long over now.

...and stages and playoffs still need to go away.
Old 20 Sep 2020, 09:19 (Ref:4004772)   #242
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
I just hope the change to the length of the circuit is worth it. I feel NASCAR is still a decent sport and has so much potential, but needs to make sure it is managed carefully

Sadly the series lost a great lot of credibility by first making the playoff ridiculous and getting rid of one long race, by putting in those silly stages
Old 20 Sep 2020, 13:28 (Ref:4005060)   #243
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Having now watched last night's race at Bristol, I'm glad I let the DVR record it rather than staying up through the night to watch it live.
Old 20 Sep 2020, 15:04 (Ref:4005092)   #244
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fast forward come in handy did it? Used to be one of my don't miss events but haven't watched since they screwed up the track
Old Yesterday, 18:08 (Ref:4005668)   #245
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlfisti should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlfisti should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlfisti should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Never watched it, gonna stick to the "happy hour" highlights programme.

Seats seem to be filling for next year now. Chastain at the #42, which I'm glad to see - I like his style. Watched him battle Kyle Busch very closely in xfinity recently. Good clean stuff.

Cry baby driving for Michael Jordan who's bought up some or all of the #13 with Hamlin. Guess this'll become a Toyota entry with support to one level or another from Gibbs. Guess we'll see how that goes, I just don't think Bubba is up to the standards to compete at the front in Cup. Maybe I'll be proved wrong, but his Truck and xfinity time wasn't too much to shout about. Moved up the series before having enough experience maybe?

Not sure where Ty Dillon will fit in unless RCR are about to run a third car?