Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Nov 2020, 20:23 (Ref:4014902)   #251
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entry list update thanks to Autosport: https://www.autosport.com/gt/news/15...high-grid-size

That's an entry level that under other circumstances would probably attract quite a few spectators.
Old 5 Nov 2020, 16:23 (Ref:4015024)   #252
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Oh yes, I am sure plenty will tune into Sky F1 if they can
Old 5 Nov 2020, 16:45 (Ref:4015033)   #253
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And I guess those who can't (like me) won't....... I'll watch it on YT as usual.
Old 5 Nov 2020, 19:25 (Ref:4015062)   #254
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i do not get sky sport f1, but sky might show it on sky sport mix which is free.
Old 5 Nov 2020, 20:39 (Ref:4015074)   #255
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Do you have a Smart TV Simon? Just stream it....
Old 5 Nov 2020, 21:43 (Ref:4015086)   #256
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
And I guess those who can't (like me) won't....... I'll watch it on YT as usual.
The better option!!
Old 5 Nov 2020, 22:05 (Ref:4015095)   #257
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Do you have a Smart TV Simon? Just stream it....
Yep will almost certainly do that
Old 5 Nov 2020, 23:04 (Ref:4015107)   #258
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
The better option!!
YouTube has been a Godsend for things like Brit GT and ELMS/MLMC over the last few months.
Old 5 Nov 2020, 23:32 (Ref:4015109)   #259
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
YouTube has been a Godsend for things like Brit GT and ELMS/MLMC over the last few months.
Indeed, the only thing that seems 100% behind the times in this regard is the BTCC, which insists you go to their website to view their live stream, and must lose out on many viewers as a result

Outside of the race weekend, only 60 second highlights and all the extra content from the onboardz, pit lane and whatever else most series now do to generate content is missing.

Probably because ITV demand exlusive rights and then don't see BTCC as prestigious enough to put any extra effort into.

BTCC are missing out here.
Old 6 Nov 2020, 09:10 (Ref:4015143)   #260
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
When Sky F1 showed the Spa 24 Hours the other week it was the same feed as YT, however the coverage was full of adverts I guess it might be the same on Sunday.
Old 7 Nov 2020, 22:06 (Ref:4015399)   #261
B0U170NS
Racer

B0U170NS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ian Loggie will be pleased. Quicker than the 2009 F1 champion
Old 7 Nov 2020, 22:10 (Ref:4015400)   #262
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0U170NS View Post
Ian Loggie will be pleased. Quicker than the 2009 F1 champion
Old 8 Nov 2020, 13:22 (Ref:4015480)   #263
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hate this pit stop rule where you have to make 4 stops.
Old 8 Nov 2020, 14:22 (Ref:4015492)   #264
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Old 8 Nov 2020, 16:57 (Ref:4015501)   #265
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well enjoyed that, it was a good idea to use youtube on the main tv rather than on my pc, so that you for suggesting it.
Old 8 Nov 2020, 17:21 (Ref:4015505)   #266
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Lovely cars, good coverage but hardly any drivers I have heard of. The whole business of equalising the cars and drivers performance is odd, I want the fastest driver and fastest car to win.
Did JB give up trying in his second stint? I expected him to come steaming through.
Old 8 Nov 2020, 18:43 (Ref:4015514)   #267
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well enjoyed that, it was a good idea to use youtube on the main tv rather than on my pc, so that you for suggesting it.
Works well, doesn't it? Enjoyable race. My lad was on the #58 HHC McLaren crew and largely thanks to a bad pit stop call in the safety car period, they lost out on the championship......
Old 8 Nov 2020, 18:45 (Ref:4015515)   #268
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
Lovely cars, good coverage but hardly any drivers I have heard of. The whole business of equalising the cars and drivers performance is odd, I want the fastest driver and fastest car to win.
Did JB give up trying in his second stint? I expected him to come steaming through.
Just because he's a former F1 driver doesn't mean he's going to be quicker than anyone else in similar machinery. I know most of the names because I watch the championship. But what difference does it make whether you know the names or not? You say that as if it's not so good as there are few 'star drivers' in it. As to BOP, would you rather have someone winning by 2-3 minutes? We are conditioned that we should automatically dislike BOP, but when it's done right, it produces excellent racing. And it's the racing and dicing out there on track that does it for me. Not watching the winner cruise home miles in front of everyone else.

I thoroughly enjoyed it (as well as the longer format).
Old 8 Nov 2020, 19:03 (Ref:4015518)   #269
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought it was a bit pedestrian tbh, had it's moments but it needed rain or a few more battles through the field to spice it up because there were long periods of nothing happening

Not sure who the third commentator was who kept calling the new section of Silverstone "Rubbish 1 and Rubbish 2" but if his mic could've quietly been silenced it may have improved the coverage a tad.

Also missing the F3 title decider being streamed live because Sky Sports wanted to fawn over Button wasn't a very gentlemanly move.
The Button's of the future can be ignored for an ex-F1 driver running in Britain's 2nd biggest racing series? OK then....
Old 8 Nov 2020, 19:45 (Ref:4015528)   #270
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought it was excellent.
Old 8 Nov 2020, 19:52 (Ref:4015531)   #271
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Me too. I watched the whole thing and saw many good battles and some interesting strategy (although largely influenced by the early SC).
Old 8 Nov 2020, 19:56 (Ref:4015534)   #272
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah same. There was a lot of good fights, and the strategy I found really entertaining. The multi-classes are always good, and having the random wee GTC class for a bit of variety. Given this is a national largely Am series, the coverage was excellent as always.

It was in our life times when series like BGT didn't always have cameras at the circuit, and when they did you had to get 20 minute highlight packages on MotorsTV or a generic Eurosport motorsport show at 3am. Now we get the entire thing live, with no ads, for free, on YouTube. That, is absolutely spectacular.
Old 8 Nov 2020, 19:58 (Ref:4015538)   #273
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I do miss the highlights on C4, but at least now we have live coverage
Old 8 Nov 2020, 20:19 (Ref:4015541)   #274
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
since the actual champions seem to be being overlooked , what a blinding job rob collard did considering he had very little seat time in the run up to the season. entirely new discipline and he was in the position to win the title. very well played.
Old 8 Nov 2020, 20:28 (Ref:4015543)   #275
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yep, had not expected to see Mr Collard senior racing again after BTCC and there he is winning British GT, and driving as good as i have seen him, and over the years i have seen him in BTCC rather a lot.