Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Mar 2020, 15:47 (Ref:3962511)   #101
W2Motorsport
Racer

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
W2Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm upset that the season will start later, but obviously there are more important things going on in Italy, and as a consolation a race at Imola will be spectacular and I'm already very much looking forward to that. I also like Barcelona as an endurance track so that works out well.
Old 9 Mar 2020, 16:44 (Ref:3962543)   #102
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully Silverstone goes ahead as the virus has only just started in the uk and as in other countries takes months to get better.
Old 9 Mar 2020, 17:09 (Ref:3962547)   #103
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
glad they’ve made the decision early and not fannied around like f1 has done. big shame to lose monza entirely though
Old 9 Mar 2020, 17:10 (Ref:3962549)   #104
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Huge shame that Monza is gone but i think its the only decision that could be taken. Looking forward to the Imola sprint round though, should be really good.
Old 9 Mar 2020, 17:47 (Ref:3962561)   #105
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I suppose I just don't get the excitement with either Imola or Barcelona.

Imola is better in some ways, without the Variente Bassa for cars, but I wish they'd kept the nice, sweeping feel of the front stretch, rather than realigning it with those couple of more abrupt kinks. And with that pronounced kink after the pits, it's always been iffy whether you could overtake into the first chicane. Sorry, but the chicanes that people say are never going away are the exact ones that have to go if Imola is ever to be properly "fixed" again.

As for Barcelona, why can't the GT cars just run the 2003 F1 layout? You get a slightly longer back stretch with a more flowing corner after. You also lose that bloody chicane between the final two turns. So the track isn't only faster, but you get more multi-line corners, and the cars are markedly less spread out due to the accordion effect as they release onto the front straight. (Shoot, if it's acceptable for GT3s to run at Bathurst or the Nordschleife, this should be a non-issue.)

I guess, partly, I'm wondering why they couldn't reschedule it at Monza if it's several months out. By that point, either it'll be as okay as it's going to be for quite some time, or all of Italy is going to be off-limits, so it won't matter where they tried to put it. I'd have taken Mugello or Vallelunga over Imola, but if they were going with this set of venues, just keep Barcelona as a sprint round and have the final enduro at Imola. And as far as Spain goes, for a sprint round, I'd take Jarama over any other option, unless they were going to run the motorcycle layout at Jerez.

Last edited by Purist; 9 Mar 2020 at 18:11.
Old 9 Mar 2020, 18:31 (Ref:3962568)   #106
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Barcelona and Imola are tracks with which SRO have established relationships and commercial arrangements, making them easier choices than going to a whole new track at very short notice.

SRO’s contingency planning and decisiveness here are exemplary, IMO, in contrast to ELMS, who are still pumping out social media fluff about Barcelona on 5th April and Monza on 10th May. BA just cancelled my flights to and from Milan that weekend and the entire region is under quarantine. I’ll eat my camera if that race goes ahead as planned.
Old 9 Mar 2020, 20:32 (Ref:3962596)   #107
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
It seems a bit odd that Imola would be in that position, as FIA GT hasn't been there since 2005.

And those abrupt kinks I mentioned on the front stretch appear to have been contributors to more than one serious GT incident since the circuit reopened in 2008. A prime example of that would be what happened with Marcel Tiemann.

As for the ELMS, I would think Spain is better prepared than Italy, but we'll see. A lot can happen in two months, but yes, Monza in May seems optimistic, to say the least. Who knows. Maybe that series has some more complicated contractual issues to sort out, plus there are fewer circuits that can support the multi-class stuff, especially compared to a sprint GT event.

I just hope things have sufficiently settled that the WEC's return to Monza can happen.

I'm also probably additionally irritated because I don't really have another sport I can follow nearly as readily as a fallback to stay occupied. So if events/seasons get cancelled, there's that, but I also worry about, like I said in the F1 thread, habits getting broken/changed, and then stuff just simply doesn't come back afterward at all.
Old 10 Mar 2020, 00:12 (Ref:3962637)   #108
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Barcelona and Imola are tracks with which SRO have established relationships and commercial arrangements, making them easier choices than going to a whole new track at very short notice.

SRO’s contingency planning and decisiveness here are exemplary, IMO, in contrast to ELMS, who are still pumping out social media fluff about Barcelona on 5th April and Monza on 10th May. BA just cancelled my flights to and from Milan that weekend and the entire region is under quarantine. I’ll eat my camera if that race goes ahead as planned.
i’d get my condiments out if i was you - these things change quickly. see the sudden change in new infections (wrong word, can’t brain the right one) in china and south korea.

it’s a little bit odd that the test at paul ricard is still going ahead this week - the region has relatively few cases vs population numbers but teams are coming from places that decidedly aren’t in the same boat.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 09:45 (Ref:3963324)   #109
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lots of news today for GTWC including a third R Mororsport car, and extra Bentley, and Toksport WRT... but with the full season entry lists due to be announced later today, might as well wait for that!
Old 12 Mar 2020, 10:32 (Ref:3963348)   #110
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Lots of news today for GTWC including a third R Mororsport car, and extra Bentley, and Toksport WRT... but with the full season entry lists due to be announced later today, might as well wait for that!
Crikey, like you said earlier, looks like it might be another huge entry!
Old 12 Mar 2020, 10:42 (Ref:3963353)   #111
AndrewCherry
Racer

European Union
Horsham
AndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm just hoping any of it actually happens! Tickets for Brands at the start of May, but who knows what the world will look like by then. First time I've been able to get to a race for years without it clashing with my own racing (which should be kicking off next week, but again... sigh).

Looks like a good year though potentially, if it all goes ahead. Would have been nice to see a McLaren in Sprint, but it's hardly bad as it is.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 10:53 (Ref:3963361)   #112
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewCherry View Post
I'm just hoping any of it actually happens! Tickets for Brands at the start of May, but who knows what the world will look like by then. First time I've been able to get to a race for years without it clashing with my own racing (which should be kicking off next week, but again... sigh).

Looks like a good year though potentially, if it all goes ahead. Would have been nice to see a McLaren in Sprint, but it's hardly bad as it is.
I know it's difficult to ignore 'news' these days but we must try not to feed the virus frenzy.

Day at a time, week at a time is basic common sense, ok but months ahead?
Old 12 Mar 2020, 11:28 (Ref:3963391)   #113
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So here represents my best guess, lets see how it compares to the entry list released later.

24 Sprint, 52 Endurance, with a few more question marks over ROWE, 2 Seas, etc

Sprint - 24 cars

AKKA-ASP - Mercedes AMG GT3 - Jim Pla / Benjamin Hites
AKKA-ASP - Mercedes AMG GT3 - Raffaele Marcello / Timur Boguslavskiy
Attempto Racing - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - TBA / TBA
Attempto Racing - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - TBA / TBA
Black Falcon - Mercedes AMG GT3 - Luca Stolz / Maro Engel
Black Falcon - Mercedes AMG GT3 - Finlay Hutchison / TBA
Classic and Modern Racing - Bentley Continental GT3 - Pierre-Alexandre Jean / Erwin Creed
Classic and Modern Racing - Bentley Continental GT3 - Jules Gounon / Nelson Panciatici
Dinamic Motorsport - Porsche 911 GT3 R - TBA / TBA
Emil Frey Racing - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - Albert Costa / Giacomo Altoe
Emil Frey Racing - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - Norbert Siedler / Mikael Grenier
GetSpeed Performance - Mercedes AMG GT3 - TBA / TBA
Madpanda Motorsport - Mercedes AMG GT3 - Ezequiel Perez Companc / TBA
Panis Racing - Lexus RC-F GT3 - Thomas Neubauer / Aurelien Panis
R-Motorsport - Aston Martin Vantage GT3 - Tom Blomqvist / Luca Ghiotto
R-Motorsport - Aston Martin Vantage GT3 - James Pull / TBA
Rinaldi Racing - Ferrari 488 GT3 - Rinat Salikhov / David Perel
Sainteloc Racing - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - Christopher Haase / TBA
Sainteloc Racing - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - Markus Winklehock / TBA
Sainteloc Racing - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - TBA / TBA
WRT - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - Dries Vanthoor / TBA
WRT - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - TBA / TBA

Endurance - 52 cars

59 Racing - Mclaren 720s GT3 - TBA / TBA / TBA
AF Corse - Ferrari 488 GT3 - Andrea Bertolini / Mouis Machiels / Niek Hommerson
AKKA-ASP - Mercedes AMG GT3 - Jim Pla / Jean-Luc Beaubelique / Fabien Barthez
AKKA-ASP - Mercedes AMG GT3 - Raffaele Marcello / Felipe Fraga / Timur Boguslavskiy
AKKA-ASP - Mercedes AMG GT3 - Arno Santamato / Benjamin Hites / Lucas Legeret
Attempto Racing - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - Mattia Drudi / Frederic Vervisch / TBA
Attempto Racing - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - TBA / TBA / TBA
Barwell Motorsport - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 Evo - Leo Machitski / Richard Heistand / Adrian Amstutz
Barwell Motorsport - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 Evo - Stephane Tribaudini / Erwin Creed / Romani Ricci
Black Falcon - Mercedes AMG GT3 - Luca Stolz / Maro Engel / Vincent Abril
Black Falcon - Mercedes AMG GT3 - Sergei Afanasiev / Patrick Assenheimer / Hubert Haupt
Boston Ginion Racing - BMW M6 GT3 - Karim Ojjeh / Jens Klingmann / Gilles Vannelet
Classic and Modern Racing - Bentley Continental GT3 - Pierre-Alexandre Jean / Seb Morris / Arjun Maini
Classic and Modern Racing - Bentley Continental GT3 - Romano Ricci / Erwin Creed / Stephane Tribaudini
Dinamic Motorsport - Porsche 911 GT3 R - Christian Engelhard / Matteo Cairoli / Sven Muller
Dinamic Motorsport - Porsche 911 GT3 R - Roberto Pampanini / Mauro Calamia / Ivan Jacoma
Dinamic Motorsport - Porsche 911 GT3 R - Andrea Rizzoli / Mikkel Overgaard Pedersen / TBA
Emil Frey Racing - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - Albert Costa / Giacomo Altoe / Franck Perera
Emil Frey Racing - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - Norbert Siedler / Mikael Grenier / Ricardo Feller
FFF Racing Team - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - Andrea Caldarelli / Dennis Lind / Marco Mapelli
FFF Racing Team - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - Hiroshi Hamaguchi / Phil Keen / TBA
FFF Racing Team - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - Taylor Proto / Florian Latorre / Baptiste Moulin
GetSpeed Performance - Mercedes AMG GT3 - TBA / TBA / TBA
GPX Racing - Porsche 911 GT3 R - Romain Dumas / Thomas Preining / Dennis Olsen
GPX Racing - Porsche 911 GT3 R - Patrick Pilet / Mathieu Jaminet / Matt Campbell
HTP Winward Motorsport - Mercedes AMG GT3 - Indy Dontje / Bryce Ward / Philip Ellis
Jenson Team Rocket RJN - Mclaren 720s GT3 - Crhis Buncombe / James Baldwin / TBA
K-Pax Racing - Bentley Continental GT3 - Maxime Soulet / Jules Gounon / Rodrigo Baptista
K-Pax Racing - Bentley Continental GT3 - Alvaro Parente / Andy Soucek / Jordan Pepper
Madpanda Motorsport - Mercedes AMG GT3 - Ezequiel Perez Companc / TBA / TBA
Optimum Motorsport - Mclaren 720s GT3 - Rob Bell / Joe Osborne / Ollie Wilkinson
Optimum Motorsport - Mclaren 720s GT3 - Martin Berry / Nick Foster / Yasser Shahin
Panis Racing - Lexus RC-F GT3 - Thomas Neubauer / Aurelien Panis / Timothe Buret
R-Motorsport - Aston Martin Vantage GT3 - Jake Dennis / Daniel Juncadella / Ricky Collard
R-Motorsport - Aston Martin Vantage GT3 - James Pull / Hugo de Sadeleer / Max Hofer
R-Motorsport - Aston Martin Vantage GT3 - Tom Blomqvist / Luca Ghiotto / Marvin Kirchofer
Rinaldi Racing - Ferrari 488 GT3 - Daniel Keilwitz / Pierre Ehret / Rino Mastronardi
Rinaldi Racing - Ferrari 488 GT3 - Rinat Salikhov / David Perel / Patrick Kujala
Reno Racing - Honda NSX GT3 - Jens Reno Moller / TBA / TBA
Sainteloc Racing - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - Christopher Haase / TBA / TBA
Sainteloc Racing - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - Markus Winklehock / TBA / TBA
Sainteloc Racing - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - TBA / TBA / TBA
SPS Automotive - Mercedes AMG GT3 - Manuel Lauck / Christian Hook / Florian Scholze
SPS Automotive - Mercedes AMG GT3 - Dominik Baumann / Valentin Pierburg / TBA
SVC Sport Management - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - Cedric Mezard / Steve Hisse / TBA
Team Parker Racing - Bentley Continental GT3 - Euan McKay / Frank Bird / Nicolai Kjaergaard (Bentley Young Driver Lineup)
Toksport WRT - Mercedes AMG GT3 - Philip Hamprecht / Oscar Tunjo / Juuso Puakka
TF Sport - Aston Martin Vantage GT3 - TBA / TBA / TBA
WRT - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - Benjamin Goethe / Stuart Hall / TBA
WRT - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - Dries Vanthoor / TBA / TBA
WRT - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - TBA / TBA / TBA
WRT - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - TBA / TBA / TBA

BMW???
2 Seas Motorsport???
ROWE???
Old 12 Mar 2020, 15:28 (Ref:3963461)   #114
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Entry list released, great job Bcarr6

https://www.gt-world-challenge-europe.com/news/1729
Old 12 Mar 2020, 15:57 (Ref:3963469)   #115
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entry list looks great as always. Let's hope for a great season of racing. Guess I'll watch the Sprint Cup too this year.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 16:53 (Ref:3963495)   #116
AndrewCherry
Racer

European Union
Horsham
AndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, that's a great entry, and really pleased to see Sprint Cup back up in to the 30s. That's going to be brutal around Brands, can't wait!
Old 12 Mar 2020, 16:55 (Ref:3963497)   #117
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
So plans are being made for cancellations potentially up to June - https://www.gt-world-challenge-europe.com/news/1731
Old 12 Mar 2020, 20:39 (Ref:3963583)   #118
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
GregoryDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You can be absolutely sure that someone will have to enter an Aston Martin at Spa for Maxime Martin as well...

R-Motorsport has Ghiotto-Blomqvist-Kirchhöfer listed for the 62 car and Juncadella-Dennis-Collard driving the 76. Very strong, although no factory drivers...
Old 12 Mar 2020, 22:22 (Ref:3963628)   #119
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
So plans are being made for cancellations potentially up to June - https://www.gt-world-challenge-europe.com/news/1731
again, hard to fault them for saying publicly "we're on it", particularly in light of f1's determination to kick the issue into the long grass.

i think many of the european series could be running into december this year, and weekday races could be a thing too. the chances of everybody getting the tracktime they need without some proper tradition breaking going on is highly unlikely.
Old 24 Mar 2020, 10:21 (Ref:3966445)   #120
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I know it was probably an obvious outcome but the Brands Hatch & Silverstone rounds are now postponed/cancelled. Not official from SRO as of yet but Motorsport UK have decided to suspend all permits until 30th June.

https://www.motorsportuk.org/motorsp...-to-30th-june/
Old 24 Mar 2020, 13:13 (Ref:3966498)   #121
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Confirmed that Brands Hatch & Silverstone are cancelled. https://www.gt-world-challenge-europ...-rounds-update

Hope they’ll come back in 2021
Old 24 Mar 2020, 21:42 (Ref:3966621)   #122
Bcarr6
Veteran

R Motorsport have said they are now focusing on 2021... So may not show for what ever 2020 season we do get
Old 24 Mar 2020, 22:15 (Ref:3966624)   #123
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
R Motorsport have said they are now focusing on 2021... So may not show for what ever 2020 season we do get
Everybody is used to R-Motorsport promises and deliveries. The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful from the start; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong. DTM fans are still expect them to show up in the grid with "their" Astons.
Old 25 Mar 2020, 07:18 (Ref:3966661)   #124
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who knows when (and if) we are going racing again this year. Expect other teams to do the same if the situation around the world doesn't improve.
Old 25 Mar 2020, 09:38 (Ref:3966677)   #125
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley speed 8 View Post
Who knows when (and if) we are going racing again this year.
Why shouldn't we race again this year?