Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 25 Jan 2020, 16:12 (Ref:3953306)   #51
belt driven
Racer

United States
NE exurban ATL
belt driven has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Never mind. Got it.
Old 25 Jan 2020, 18:08 (Ref:3953317)   #52
GriffM3
Racer

United States
Houston, TX
GriffM3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets go //////Mpower!!!!
Old 25 Jan 2020, 18:15 (Ref:3953318)   #53
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Biggest wish before the green flag flys: A race that is safe, dry, and GREEN
Old 25 Jan 2020, 18:18 (Ref:3953320)   #54
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really hope Mazda can last this year...

Race will be over Fox Brazil till 19:30... and comes back at midday to the green flag...

big gap imo, I hope they do not geo-block international stream as they always did... they won't show the whole race and block international stream to everyone here...
Old 25 Jan 2020, 18:22 (Ref:3953323)   #55
GriffM3
Racer

United States
Houston, TX
GriffM3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasdriv87 View Post
I really hope Mazda can last this year...

Race will be over Fox Brazil till 19:30... and comes back at midday to the green flag...

big gap imo, I hope they do not geo-block international stream as they always did... they won't show the whole race and block international stream to everyone here...
I doubt the AER 4 pot will hold up but we will see
Old 25 Jan 2020, 18:33 (Ref:3953324)   #56
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Good live timing link?
Old 25 Jan 2020, 18:45 (Ref:3953325)   #57
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
Good live timing link?
https://timing.71wytham.org.uk
Old 25 Jan 2020, 18:50 (Ref:3953326)   #58
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasdriv87 View Post
It's mostly Canada who gets screwed, no option to get the sportscar pass I believe. The US doesn't get the international steam because they offer a, yes paid, option. Why would you offer free stream when you're partnered with a paying option. That's the basis of how non-sponsored events work, someone had to pay for it and our sportscar sponsors aren't paying that much.

Under 5 minutes in and multiple mentions of the new Vette and its engine. Although I didn't catch any mention of the depleted no Ford GT GTLM ranks.
Old 25 Jan 2020, 18:51 (Ref:3953327)   #59
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was getting a bit bored with the racing, fortunately they are now showing a trophy and a watch.
Old 25 Jan 2020, 18:52 (Ref:3953328)   #60
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What's going on with the coverage? After 5 minutes we got onboards and the occasional static camera? Are the Americans at ads already?

Loads of action on track and even with ad-free coverage we're not able to see it.
Old 25 Jan 2020, 18:53 (Ref:3953329)   #61
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It feels like they are settling down for a long fast slog. Weather perfect. Going to be tough.
Old 25 Jan 2020, 18:54 (Ref:3953330)   #62
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I was getting a bit bored with the racing, fortunately they are now showing a trophy and a watch.
Unreal. I don't mind Rutledge wood. I don't mind the occasional bit in a 24 hour race. But commercial and then that segment after only 5 minutes? What the hell...
Old 25 Jan 2020, 18:55 (Ref:3953331)   #63
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Under 5 minutes in and multiple mentions of the new Vette and its engine. Although I didn't catch any mention of the depleted no Ford GT GTLM ranks.
Not surprising as its awful looking and sound IMOP .
Old 25 Jan 2020, 18:56 (Ref:3953332)   #64
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It feels like they are settling down for a long fast slog. Weather perfect. Going to be tough.
The best type of endurance race. I like rain but there's been too many red flags in 24 hour races over the last few years. Let's get a nice long dry race with few cautions.

Early notes: Jarvis is fast. Ben Keating is really fast. Keating has 15 seconds over the next LMP2 after 7 laps. That's insane.
Old 25 Jan 2020, 18:56 (Ref:3953333)   #65
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Keating in LMP2 already 15 secs clear in the Oreca 07 Spec class.
Old 25 Jan 2020, 19:00 (Ref:3953335)   #66
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Keating in LMP2 already 15 secs clear in the Oreca 07 Spec class.
Don't worry, we'll stick an Alpine sticker on one of them at the first stop and it'll no longer be spec.

The second Acura doesn't appear to have the speed of the first one.

GTLM is the battle of the beige sounding vehicles.
Old 25 Jan 2020, 19:00 (Ref:3953336)   #67
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Don't worry, we'll stick an Alpine sticker on one of them at the first stop and it'll no longer be spec.

GTLM is the battle of the beige sounding vehicles.
Yay . It is pretty dire though in LMP2.
Old 25 Jan 2020, 19:03 (Ref:3953337)   #68
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Car not 100% after Taylor's accident? Or just playing it safe at the moment?
Old 25 Jan 2020, 19:03 (Ref:3953338)   #69
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Holy hell. Second commercial break followed immediately by another little segment about the Taylor family this time. And replays from practice/qualifying, just like last commercial break. I see this will be a struggle to get the actual race...

Just a thought. If you wanted to show all the stuff that happened in practice and qualifying for storylines, come on air at 1 instead of 1:30 for a 1:40 start time? Just a suggestion.... I know 1 pm on a Saturday is hyper competitive tv time, what with paid programming to compete with and whatnot....
Old 25 Jan 2020, 19:03 (Ref:3953339)   #70
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Unreal. I don't mind Rutledge wood. I don't mind the occasional bit in a 24 hour race. But commercial and then that segment after only 5 minutes? What the hell...
I’ve moved countries Hindy will have to be really bizarre to make it worse than the local feed.
Old 25 Jan 2020, 19:03 (Ref:3953340)   #71
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Yay . It is pretty dire though in LMP2.
On the plus side, the LMP2 drivers are interesting this year. Keating, DHH, Lapierre, Dalziel, Minassian, Braun, Newey, Trummer, Aubry. So the class is offering something, unlike last year.

The 8 looks amazingly strong, even if Keating is driving off at the moment.
Old 25 Jan 2020, 19:04 (Ref:3953341)   #72
RWill2073
Veteran

Quote:
I’ve moved countries Hindy will have to be really bizarre to make it worse than the local feed.
I'm hoping for some help in that way, lol....

Edit: mother f*****.... Another commercial already! The f*** is this? I might give up and wait for YouTube upload. Can't do this all day.
Old 25 Jan 2020, 19:05 (Ref:3953342)   #73
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Car not 100% after Taylor's accident? Or just playing it safe at the moment?
Maybe just settling in. As long as it stays on the lead lap then we're bound to get at least 1 yellow. So why push, I guess?

DPi is pretty close. The only class looking spread out is LMP2. Big gaps forming in that. GTLM is splitting in half but not as big as LMP2.
Old 25 Jan 2020, 19:05 (Ref:3953343)   #74
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Anyway, now can concentrate on the actual race.

Gaps have settled a little...
Old 25 Jan 2020, 19:07 (Ref:3953344)   #75
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
The audio (commentator feed) is out of sync with the video. But that happens so often with IMSA TV that my brain is now compensating for it anyway lol