Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Closed Thread

Old 4 Aug 2006, 08:57 (Ref:1672935)   #1
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
2007 ALMS Season

I had thought about dropping this into the 2006 ALMS rumours thread, but as it's already at 48 pages and fundamentally I wanted to talk about 2007 figured a new thread was in order...

DSC is reporting that Autocon are going to shift to running a pair of EX257s next year - good news in its own right but interesting in that it implies that grandfathering old style cars will continue for another year. Any thoughts on the likely implications of this?
Old 4 Aug 2006, 10:55 (Ref:1672998)   #2
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, very interesting. I assume there has already been in depth discussion with IMSA about the eligibility of 'older' prototypes for next season.

This would imply a further distancing of IMSA from the ACO, with IMSA appearing to 'go it alone'. I'd be interested to know if this is with or without the ACO's blessing (I suspect the latter!), and just how far IMSA intend to push the boundaries of the ACO 'ideal' which we have in Europe (LMS).

On another subject covered in the DSC article, who is being referred to in the comment: 'So two Autocon Lolas will ‘mix it up’ with the Audis, Dyson Lolas, Porsches and Acura-powered prototypes – with the likelihood of another factory-based programme too.'?

Zytek, Creation (KWM) or am I way off the mark?
Old 4 Aug 2006, 13:08 (Ref:1673109)   #3
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
The hybrid Lister is also rumoured to go to ALMS.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 13:26 (Ref:1673121)   #4
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
I'd be quite surprised if there wasn't a Creation showing up reasonably regularly in the ALMS next year. They've gone to the effort of building two cars, which won't have a home in the LMS next year; there's a track record of them making appearances in the US; and the car(s) should be reasonably competitive.

Realistically there have to be enough enthusiastic moderately deep pocketed US based drivers that fancy going some outings in the ALMS. Haven't there?
Old 4 Aug 2006, 15:18 (Ref:1673194)   #5
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If that's the case, I'd rather see Autocon be forced to add balast and run in P2. They will be nowhere near the pace of Audi and Dyson and are better suited for P2 competition.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 16:34 (Ref:1673254)   #6
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge
I'd be quite surprised if there wasn't a Creation showing up reasonably regularly in the ALMS next year. They've gone to the effort of building two cars, which won't have a home in the LMS next year; there's a track record of them making appearances in the US; and the car(s) should be reasonably competitive.
According to the latest on DSC, they're looking at both cars appearing in the ALMS next year- and they intend to have both at Laguna this year (one will be shipped out after Donington for PLM, and the second should join it after Jarama)
Old 4 Aug 2006, 16:58 (Ref:1673263)   #7
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hybrid Creations should be competitive with the Dysons and Audi, will not be allowed in the LMS, so why not race them in the US, leaving the new car for Europe.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 17:45 (Ref:1673308)   #8
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
arent the hybrid creation CA06H judd's being converted into coupes for next year or are creation making a new chassis for the coupe car i would love to see the creation CA06H's racing in the ALMS would add some desperatly needed variety and competition to the LMP1 audi boys over there
Old 4 Aug 2006, 18:55 (Ref:1673366)   #9
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Hybrid Creations should be competitive with the Dysons and Audi, will not be allowed in the LMS, so why not race them in the US, leaving the new car for Europe.
Nooo dont think a Hybrid can be competitive at all. and Most Americas who enjoy motorsports want nothing to do with hybrids or econo boxes.

Now if some company or wants to put up millions of dollars to delvelop, test and then race a hybrid, then sure. but Privetteers, not a chance.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 18:59 (Ref:1673370)   #10
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a hybrid. A hybrid.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 19:18 (Ref:1673394)   #11
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
AU N EGL, by hybrid, we don't mean gas/electric. There are some LMPs that were designed to hybridized rules that aren't LMP900, but aren't quite LMP1 either.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 19:23 (Ref:1673397)   #12
aeroehl
Racer

United States
aeroehl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For 2007 BMW will not be with PTG
Old 4 Aug 2006, 19:58 (Ref:1673429)   #13
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroehl
For 2007 it is rumoured, but not yet confirmed that BMW will not be with PTG

Fixed that for you, though given the source, it seems likely.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 21:35 (Ref:1673539)   #14
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist
AU N EGL, by hybrid, we don't mean gas/electric. There are some LMPs that were designed to hybridized rules that aren't LMP900, but aren't quite LMP1 either.
Sorry about that. as in the P1s but LPM675s
Old 4 Aug 2006, 21:51 (Ref:1673553)   #15
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, a LMP900 that has been hybridized for P1 rules. Or a LMP675 that was given a lot of weight and made into a P1 hybrid. But only the DBA was crash tested under 900 and 675 rules.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 22:58 (Ref:1673609)   #16
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
arent the hybrid creation CA06H judd's being converted into coupes for next year or are creation making a new chassis for the coupe car i would love to see the creation CA06H's racing in the ALMS would add some desperatly needed variety and competition to the LMP1 audi boys over there
I assume a new car/s will be built for the LMS, while the current hybrids COULD race in the ALMS IF funding is found.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 23:02 (Ref:1673611)   #17
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
I wont be holding my breath for the "IF" part to happen. Hope it does, but I'm not going to get excited about the prospect.
Old 5 Aug 2006, 06:26 (Ref:1673729)   #18
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
I wont be holding my breath for the "IF" part to happen. Hope it does, but I'm not going to get excited about the prospect.
Very wise!!
Old 5 Aug 2006, 10:27 (Ref:1673849)   #19
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After reading this:
http://feedmesportscars.com/node/877

Have Creation said if they will compete in the LMS next year - if so are they building their own car. Or are they going to move to solely compete in the ALMS?
Old 5 Aug 2006, 15:01 (Ref:1674169)   #20
JAG
Veteran

England
They have to build a new car if they wish to race at Le Mans.

I'll speculate they'll run a new car in the LMS/Le Mans, with the hybrid competing in the US IF they have funding.
Old 5 Aug 2006, 16:43 (Ref:1674220)   #21
yamato
Racer

yamato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that it was reported that the P1 coupe design would not be ready until the 2008 season, so I believe that the ALMS is the curent option for both the cars and Creation for 2007.

The cars will be very interesting to see, if they are able to compete in a full season. I hope that they also upgrade to the new 5.5L Judd next year. I would imagine that they will also be looking for buyers for these cars; either for the 2007 or 2008 ALMS seasons.
Old 5 Aug 2006, 17:14 (Ref:1674241)   #22
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I think the coupe drawing of KW Motorsport/Creation was a result of the coupe hype of that moment. To convert this design to a real car they need problably do a lott more development.

Last edited by FIRE; 5 Aug 2006 at 17:16.
Old 5 Aug 2006, 18:32 (Ref:1674300)   #23
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's another new GT2 team on the horizon...

...and it's German!
Driver Uwe Alzen (www.uwealzen.de - see if you can translate it) has said on another forum that he may be part of a new Porsche GT2 effort next year in the ALMS along with his current German Porsche Supercup team (http://www.dr-med-schuster.de/rennarzt/en/index2.php).
This is good news-if Lexus ever decides to show up there's potential for... well, a lot of GT2 cars next year! []

Catch up with his efforts at www.xanga.com/eaurouge .

I'm looking forward to it!
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 5 Aug 2006, 21:52 (Ref:1674443)   #24
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroehl
For 2007 BMW will not be with PTG
Is that confirmed now?
Old 5 Aug 2006, 22:14 (Ref:1674458)   #25
yamato
Racer

yamato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
confirmed?

It's barely even a rumor right now
Closed Thread