Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Jul 2021, 14:22 (Ref:4059582)   #1
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BBC F1 Radio Commentary

I had the misfortune to have to listen to Jack Nichols and Jennie Gow for the qualifying session today. What a poor show.

During an exciting Q2 where it looked like Russell might make Q3, Jack Nichols was talking about Ukrainian F1 drivers, and instead of summing up the Q3 and session as a whole all Jack could say was "I've run out of words". You are a professional commentator and that is the best you can do.

Jennie Gow is just so out of her depth, she just displays her lack of knowledge by going off at irrelevant tangents, she sounded hysterical when Norris got P2. It was not easy listening on the ears, I had to turn the volume down.

I get the impression that Jolyon Palmer would rather be somewhere else than in a commentary booth with these pair. He is a good co-commentator, chipping in with his experience and knowledge. I just feel the BBC are wasting his talents.
Old 3 Jul 2021, 14:27 (Ref:4059586)   #2
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Someone should make the BBC Director General listen to these clowns . This is the BBC! Hospital radio would be embarrassed by these people who clearly don’t research, want to talk about their mates and laugh at their own “jokes”. Dreadful
Old 3 Jul 2021, 16:31 (Ref:4059609)   #3
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They've had Ben Edwards in a couple of times, replacing Jack Nichols and he and Jolyon Palmer make a good team. I don't know why they have Jennie Gow, she doesn't know anything.
Old 3 Jul 2021, 16:41 (Ref:4059610)   #4
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jennie is a paddock reporter, reporting from her spare bedroom I think. Without drivers to interview she has nothing to add but still feels the need to talk.
Old 3 Jul 2021, 20:53 (Ref:4059633)   #5
petecossie
Rookie

United Kingdom
Teesside
petecossie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was listening on Friday during first practice and Jenny Gow was in disbelief that Max was fastest and LH couldn't get anywhere near him. She just sounded so pathetic and obviously couldn't comprehend that Red Bull had picked up the pace and that Mercedes have stood still. Even McLaren and Williams have improved.
Old 4 Jul 2021, 06:20 (Ref:4059657)   #6
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I usually enjoy the Five Live time, they help pass the time during practice. But during qualifying they should focus on the job