Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Dec 2021, 23:30 (Ref:4091837)   #501
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Stories are reporting that the 2022 cars will be Silver....
Old 31 Dec 2021, 00:07 (Ref:4091841)   #502
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Just when i started to think they look better in black!
Old 31 Dec 2021, 13:24 (Ref:4091927)   #503
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
They’ve had Silver, White and Black liveries the past 3 years
Old 2 Jan 2022, 22:44 (Ref:4092247)   #504
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
They’ve had Silver, White and Black liveries the past 3 years
The cars have been black the last 2 season Griff.
Old 12 Jan 2022, 00:09 (Ref:4093363)   #505
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/59951382

It sounds like Lewis has pulled the "It's Masi or me" move.
Old 12 Jan 2022, 00:49 (Ref:4093366)   #506
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post

I doubt it. He's simply taking his time, waiting to see how the FIA reacts, He will have thought about what he wants, expects, and what is realistic but this wont go away, even if he does continue, until a proper respectful resolution is reached, whatever shape that may take.
Old 12 Jan 2022, 02:40 (Ref:4093369)   #507
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Perhaps Lewis could soundtrack his retirement announcement with I Fought The Law And The Law Won.That article is so jingoistic it could only be written by an Englishman who confuses patriotism with facts (or maybe Toto).
Old 12 Jan 2022, 03:13 (Ref:4093370)   #508
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Perhaps Lewis could soundtrack his retirement announcement with I Fought The Law And The Law Won.That article is so jingoistic it could only be written by an Englishman who confuses patriotism with facts (or maybe Toto).
Yeah, it was a hugely bias article, especially with lines like this

"Hamilton lost the championship to Red Bull's Max Verstappen after FIA race director Michael Masi did not apply the rules correctly in a late safety-car period."

...forgetting conveniently the championship was settled over the course of 22 races...

"Masi then failed to apply the rules correctly in two different ways.

Normal protocol is to allow either all the lapped cars dotted through the field to un-lap themselves so they do not interfere with racing on the restart, or leave all in place.

But Masi allowed only some of the lapped cars in between the leaders to un-lap themselves - sending the five cars between Hamilton and Verstappen through so they were not in the way, but leaving all the others in place, including the two cars between Verstappen and third-placed Carlos Sainz's Ferrari.

In addition, Masi ignored a rule that dictates that the race restarts at the end of the following lap after the lapped cars have been removed, and restarted it a lap early."

...forgetting even more conveniently that there is a provision for the RD to override said rules...

But this kind of stuff is to be expected from Andrew Benson I guess.
Old 12 Jan 2022, 08:09 (Ref:4093374)   #509
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
At the risk of continuing the descent of this thread into another interrogation of the Lewis - Lewis / Max 'location checks out' vein:

Quote:
"Hamilton lost the championship to Red Bull's Max Verstappen after FIA race director Michael Masi did not apply the rules correctly in a late safety-car period."

...forgetting conveniently the championship was settled over the course of 22 races...
dutchnews.nl:
'Max Verstappen is the Formula One world champion after passing Lewis Hamilton on the final lap of a dramatic last Grand Prix race in Abu Dhabi.'

forgetting conveniently that Max Verstappen became F1 World Champion after scoring more points then Lewis Hamilton over a 22-race season.

Quote:
"Masi then failed to apply the rules correctly in two different ways.

Normal protocol is to allow either all the lapped cars dotted through the field to un-lap themselves so they do not interfere with racing on the restart, or leave all in place.

But Masi allowed only some of the lapped cars in between the leaders to un-lap themselves - sending the five cars between Hamilton and Verstappen through so they were not in the way, but leaving all the others in place, including the two cars between Verstappen and third-placed Carlos Sainz's Ferrari.

In addition, Masi ignored a rule that dictates that the race restarts at the end of the following lap after the lapped cars have been removed, and restarted it a lap early."

...forgetting even more conveniently that there is a provision for the RD to override said rules...
netherlandsnewslive.com:
'This is a big moment for the Netherlands, but it’s not without controversy. '

forgetting conveniently to mention that there is no controversy if the RD has acted within their authority.

Quote:
But this kind of stuff is to be expected from Andrew Benson I guess.

But this kind of stuff is to be expected from Dutch media I guess - if you are expecting it in the first place and your interpretation is biased to look for bias.

Confirmation bias - something that is a regular occurrence in the forum.
Old 12 Jan 2022, 11:25 (Ref:4093385)   #510
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
I doubt it. He's simply taking his time, waiting to see how the FIA reacts, He will have thought about what he wants, expects, and what is realistic but this wont go away, even if he does continue, until a proper respectful resolution is reached, whatever shape that may take.

Max is WDC, the result of the race is official. What proper respectful resolution does Lewis expect, a guarantee from the FIA that this won't happen again?
Old 12 Jan 2022, 13:12 (Ref:4093403)   #511
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not sure he’s demanding anything. He’s a bit miffed and that means he’s not enjoying it then he may question whether he wants to do it.

From his perspective he and his team fought hard to get back into the hunt and we’re going to grab the championship until right at the end. Man that’s hard. I guarantee that everyone else in this thread would feel a little miffed.

Maybe biased people are reading what they want into it, probably because they are from the wrong country. This is the kind of thing you have to say now. Is that right? I’ll get the hang of this internet thing soon.

As for all the other stuff. Crikey, we’ve got so far up our own whatsits here haven’t we? We don’t discuss the sport anymore just why something else shouldn’t have been written.

Seems like 2022 season will be like 2021 again and no car has turned a wheel. I’m miffed too and my interest is at an all time low.
Old 12 Jan 2022, 13:59 (Ref:4093410)   #512
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I see there is an actual thread on this.

Head there: https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156828
Old 12 Jan 2022, 17:45 (Ref:4093457)   #513
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
According to this Sky article, the FIA wants to conclude its inquiry into the events of Abu Dhabi by February 3 at the latest.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/12514337/fia-inquiry-into-abu-dhabi-gp-and-f1s-2021s-controversial-title-finale-underway-ahead-of-2022-season?fbclid=IwAR1mW5xhSALW47yuNNSOYVC-QlWEliFSH8d3klXCT834XsHgZ31UaT3w5pI
Old 12 Jan 2022, 18:24 (Ref:4093463)   #514
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Is Simon Case or Sue Gray conducting the inquiry?

(Niche location specific reference)
Old 12 Jan 2022, 21:53 (Ref:4093492)   #515
Skam85
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Max is WDC, the result of the race is official. What proper respectful resolution does Lewis expect, a guarantee from the FIA that this won't happen again?
Maybe Sir Lewis believes he is bigger than the sport itself and he wants someone's source of income and livelihood impacted because of a perceived mistake....
Old 12 Jan 2022, 21:55 (Ref:4093493)   #516
Skam85
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

dutchnews.nl:
'Max Verstappen is the Formula One world champion after passing Lewis Hamilton on the final lap of a dramatic last Grand Prix race in Abu Dhabi.'

forgetting conveniently that Max Verstappen became F1 World Champion after scoring more points then Lewis Hamilton over a 22-race season.
That statement is patently correct though. It isn't up for any interpretation.
Old 12 Jan 2022, 22:09 (Ref:4093496)   #517
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
That statement is patently correct though. It isn't up for any interpretation.
Agreed - in the same way that:
Quote:

is also patently correct.

Yet somehow it's bias when UK-based media forget that the championship is 22 races long, but not when the Dutch-based media do the same?
Old 12 Jan 2022, 22:44 (Ref:4093502)   #518
Skam85
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Agreed - in the same way that:

is also patently correct.

Yet somehow it's bias when UK-based media forget that the championship is 22 races long, but not when the Dutch-based media do the same?
But it isn't correct at all. It's opinion at best and incorrect at worst.

Article 15.3 states clearly that Masi had overriding authority about the SC procedure.
Old 12 Jan 2022, 23:11 (Ref:4093504)   #519
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh, please. Pack it in. EVERY THREAD DOES NOT HAVE TO BE ABOUT THIS.
Old 12 Jan 2022, 23:15 (Ref:4093505)   #520
Skam85
Veteran

It's in the latest news in the past 24hrs, and it's about Mercedes. This thread is about Mercedes.

Sorry for not pandering to your tastes?
Old 13 Jan 2022, 02:10 (Ref:4093525)   #521
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
But fortunately we have a dedicate thread about this news.

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156828

Take it there. We don’t need duplication, so it might as well be there.

Last edited by Adam43; 13 Jan 2022 at 02:20.
Old 18 Jan 2022, 15:53 (Ref:4094292)   #522
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
According to this article from Sky Sports, Mercedes say both drivers will attend the digital launch and unveiling of the W13, on February 18 at Silverstone.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...PIazbpI8zGDkbE
Old 18 Jan 2022, 22:16 (Ref:4094331)   #523
Skam85
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
According to this article from Sky Sports, Mercedes say both drivers will attend the digital launch and unveiling of the W13, on February 18 at Silverstone.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...PIazbpI8zGDkbE

Both drivers.. but they didn't say who those two will be
Old 19 Jan 2022, 03:13 (Ref:4094337)   #524
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
George and Lewis are the two names on the official season entry list....
Old 19 Jan 2022, 15:55 (Ref:4094403)   #525
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:

The article does say: ''both drivers will attend digital launch at Silverstone; Lewis Hamilton, whose future is still unclear, joined by George Russell in 2022''