Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Jun 2002, 09:31 (Ref:309348)   #1
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jordan On The Up

In the past three weekends, Fisichella and the Jordan-Honda have been steadily improving and the results are proving that progress with a hat-trick of 5th places for the Italian driver.

What was more impressive from the Canadian race is that, from what I saw, Sato achieved the highest speed on the straight, at about 338km/h (however, if I'm wrong, tell me) And considering what everyone has been saying about how poor the Honda is too.......

Even though there has been plenty of talk about Honda pulling the plug on Jordan, the results lately prove that despite any financial woes, the Jordan is developing into a good car, and now the team sit in 6th on the Constructors table, only 2 behind Sauber and 7 behind Renault.

Jordan are not dead yet as far as I'm concerned.
Old 10 Jun 2002, 10:32 (Ref:309392)   #2
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was just marvellous, great to see Jordan score more points. It seems Jordan are best at filling the upper midfield niche - just hanging on to the pointscorers, making the most of what comes there way. That's a good way to be this year.
Old 10 Jun 2002, 10:41 (Ref:309396)   #3
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if BAR continues to fail to score... Honda might go yellow...
Old 10 Jun 2002, 12:53 (Ref:309597)   #4
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Well unless BAR come up with something really good that might well be the case. However, one should not discount the effect that Dave Richards going to BAR may have on Honda's decision. He has a fine record in all other forms of sport (so does EJ I know before you all start writing back) but that may just be enough to swing it in his favour.
Old 10 Jun 2002, 13:28 (Ref:309661)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There are real shades of 1998 when Jordan scored nothing in the first half of the season, and then in just about every race after Silverstone (whereas Benetton did much the opposite), capping it with a 1-2 at Spa. GC really is on top form, and maybe Sato can convert his talent and potential into some strong showings, his overtaking moves early on (on the 2 Hodna-engined BARS, of all things) looked impressive even if he was on light fuel.
Old 10 Jun 2002, 14:50 (Ref:309732)   #6
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BRILLIANAT drive from Fisi , Taku made some very impressive overtaling moves also , and then drove maturely to finish in the top 10 .

Things are looking up for EJ.....(BOOTS) Your right about 1998 , things are looking very simular
Old 10 Jun 2002, 16:30 (Ref:309784)   #7
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sato had a bad set of tires after his first pit stop. His race was ruined after that. I really hope that Honda looks at what Jordan is doing with limited funds and consider what they could do with their complete backing. BAR was surely faster than in the past few races but they still dont seem to be as aerodymanicly efficient as Jordan. Their top speeds were quite a bit slower than Jordan in qualifying. It is nice to see that reliability is improving for the motor too. I think that Jordan will definately be challenging for fourth by the end of the year!

*Go with me here my first two predictions came true!!
Old 10 Jun 2002, 16:56 (Ref:309799)   #8
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Honda engineers must have been looking at their monitors seeing the top speeds of their drivers:
319,7 km\h Villeneuve
328,1 km\h Panis
332,3 km\h Fisichella

And then ...
337,5 km\h Sato

I wouldn't be surprised if someone fainted at that particular moment.
Old 10 Jun 2002, 20:38 (Ref:309990)   #9
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Taku must have been running very light wing to get that speed on the straight , but isnt it good to see Jordan turning their season round .

After starting the year with a absolute dog of a car , they are slowly turning it into a competative car. Fisi now got 3 points finishes in a row , and Taku producing some excellent racing in Canada.
I Hope their season keeps on improving .
Old 10 Jun 2002, 20:44 (Ref:309995)   #10
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
Taku must have been running very light wing to get that speed on the straight ,
i stand to be corrected on this, but i think the time was set near the beginning of the race and Taku was running very closly with 2 or 3 other cars and gained a (very good) tow!
Old 10 Jun 2002, 20:50 (Ref:310001)   #11
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
yes , i think you are probally dead right MR V ,

but i watched loads of the race on button 4 on sky as that was focusing alot on Taku's progress , and his car looked very very nervous at the rear in the corners . I know that Taku could make any car look like that because his style is so agressive , but combine that with good straight line speed like he had, and i think it looked like he had set the car up to be quick in a straight line , rather than steady in the corners .
Old 10 Jun 2002, 22:29 (Ref:310098)   #12
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
EJ, the mean machine, smarta** is back I am glad for Jordan , Honda & Fisichella. Hope they do even better in next races & get a podium if possible.
Old 11 Jun 2002, 02:31 (Ref:310266)   #13
Champ69
Veteran

Champ69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As Jordan are my fav team. it is great to see them doing better. I hope they get some more money and the sole use of a good engine (Honda, Ford, Ferrari I do not care) so they can develop their team and car.

Good work Eddie and team, keep it up.
Old 11 Jun 2002, 02:55 (Ref:310268)   #14
f1_smiley
Rookie

f1_smiley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sure is great to see jordan back to their winning ways..... as is my 2002 2nd fav driver Fisico. i just love the yellow cars! (except that they were actually looking better with the B&H adverts than the DHL's) ;-)
Old 12 Jun 2002, 21:54 (Ref:312014)   #15
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
After starting the year with a absolute dog of a car , they are slowly turning it into a competative car
I'm not so sure that the car was such a dog! I think it was more likely down to the engine and other reliability issues. Like you, I'm delighted to see things going better for Jordan. Lets hope they get to the podium by the end of the year..
Old 12 Jun 2002, 22:27 (Ref:312038)   #16
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure how much more competitive the Jordan is becoming. If you ask me it's Fisi more than anything.
Old 13 Jun 2002, 02:10 (Ref:312151)   #17
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI, FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI, FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI, FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI, FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI, FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI, FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI, FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI, FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI, FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI, FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI, FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI,FISI

Seriously, I think that the chassis seems pretty good, if Honda can get the new lump on line, then they have a fighting chance at some decent points. Its sad when you consider the frentzen had a Pole in a Jordan in 1999, late in the season and nearly took a flag to flag win.

Giancarlo deserves a decent car to show his talents but Jordan's biggest worries are financial.
Old 13 Jun 2002, 02:26 (Ref:312167)   #18
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm happy that Jordan can have good retributions for the hard work they made in last months. I hope they can keep up the work and demonstrate to Honda that they are more solid and more confidentiable than BAR.
Old 13 Jun 2002, 07:47 (Ref:312280)   #19
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Eddie Eddie RAH RAH RAH

Right that's my patriotic bit out the way.

It's good to see Jordan getting moving again after such a disastrous start to the season. Fisichella is really starting to fly and Sato managed to finish a race in the top 10 - without destroying the car! Here's hoping it continues!

Last edited by EvilPumpkin; 13 Jun 2002 at 07:50.
Old 13 Jun 2002, 12:09 (Ref:312535)   #20
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
I agree about Fisi , its about time someone gave him a race genuine top 3 car , so that he could show the world what he is capable of .
Old 13 Jun 2002, 14:02 (Ref:312672)   #21
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eddie's about to feel the heat as Honda look set to dump him at the end of the season. The 6 points will be crucial to keep him afloat in 03. As for Fisicella, he's setto continue driving for mid level teams. For whatever reason, he has not made it in the priority list for a top three team and I dont see it happening in the future either. Maybe team bosses know something we dont.
Old 13 Jun 2002, 14:22 (Ref:312695)   #22
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That sato top speed, that has to be the fastest i've seen through a speed trap!! I remember JPM had a ridiculously high top speed when he passed TGF at Indy but that was down to the tow!!
Old 13 Jun 2002, 14:27 (Ref:312700)   #23
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
That sato top speed, that has to be the fastest i've seen through a speed trap!!
quite slow actually Paul (by comparison anyway!) Jean Alesi set the fastest speed through the trap at Monza last year (again in a Jordan) at 225.692 mph
Old 13 Jun 2002, 14:30 (Ref:312706)   #24
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mr V....may i suggest that we all propose you for the title of Forum Anorak !!...

you must spend half your life at the Forix site !

your Stats are becoming legendary ...

nice one .
Old 13 Jun 2002, 14:31 (Ref:312707)   #25
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:

you must spend half your life at the Forix site !

whats the forix site?