Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 May 2018, 12:37 (Ref:3820782)   #1
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rookie Class of 2018

So far, I think it's between de Pasquale and le Brocq for Rookie of the Year in Supercars. They have both been doing a great job!

Stanaway, Hazelwood and Golding seem to have been struggling so far. Hazelwood was particularly brave to run in an unsupported DJRTP Falcon instead of his trusty 888 VF Commodore.

It's tempting to mention Heimgartner, but far from a rookie, he is actually a veteran in his third season.
Old 9 May 2018, 04:52 (Ref:3820954)   #2
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
de Pasquale is definitely coming into his own right now
le Brocq has also done very well thus far also

And Simona................... oh wait

Richie had high expectations as how he ran Bathurst but hasnt shown much else tbh. Time will tell I guess.
Old 9 May 2018, 05:08 (Ref:3820955)   #3
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
So far, I think it's between de Pasquale and le Brocq for Rookie of the Year in Supercars. They have both been doing a great job!

Stanaway, Hazelwood and Golding seem to have been struggling so far. Hazelwood was particularly brave to run in an unsupported DJRTP Falcon instead of his trusty 888 VF Commodore.

It's tempting to mention Heimgartner, but far from a rookie, he is actually a veteran in his third season.
Good thread

I like the idea of comparing to Simona or even Andre, they are 2nd and 3rd years and where the rookies should be aiming

People are making excuses for Stanaway, but when you watch him race , he is doing some stupid stuff (really why push Scott onto the grass on lap 2)
Old 10 May 2018, 03:50 (Ref:3821187)   #4
leothedrummer
Racer

leothedrummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anton is doing a great job. I recall there being a bit of talk about him not being ready / on the level needed but I think he's proven himself already. I had my doubts but he definitely belongs.
Old 10 May 2018, 08:56 (Ref:3821225)   #5
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Paul Morris school of hard knocks has its merits.