Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 10 Feb 2012, 13:35 (Ref:3024102)   #1
JAMRacing
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent, UK
JAMRacing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brands Hatch to Zandvoort...

Been looking around at European tracks to see if anything is worth a treck to. We managed to get to Spa for the 24 hours - and what an event! I see that the F3 masters at Zandvoort is looking brilliant with all the support series lined up!

I am a Brands Hatch regular, living about 10 minutes from the track. I was wondering if anyone has made the trip from the south east/kent, to Zandvoort circuit, and if so - how easy is the trip to do (using public transport only)??
Old 13 Feb 2012, 10:42 (Ref:3025179)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if you could get a train to dover, p&o still do foot passenger rates. from calais, i'm not sure how it rolls, the station is a little way from the port. i think that might be a long-winded way of doing it compared to going into london, and getting the eurostar to brussels and then working it out from there.

your best bet would probably be to get to gatwick or heathrow and fly to amsterdam, from where it's very easy to get to zandvoort by train. you can camp in zandvoort, or find a guesthouse but beware the holiday rates!
Old 13 Feb 2012, 11:37 (Ref:3025197)   #3
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I flew to Amsterdam, then took the train into Zandvoort. The train took about 30 - 40 mins. The track is right by the seaside and is very easy to get to.

I think you'll find that Europe has quite a lot of good tracks as well...
Old 13 Feb 2012, 14:38 (Ref:3025272)   #4
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think flying is the best option, that's what I'm doing this year, and getting a train to Zandvoort.

That's what I'm doing this year, it's an easy walk to the circuit if you are staying in the town.

Last time I went I drove from Calais, but it seemed like a long way, especially when it's only 45 minutes or so on a plane!
Old 13 Feb 2012, 15:57 (Ref:3025300)   #5
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit off topic and may have been mentioned elsewhere but F3 open are due to be at Brands the same weekend...Is it just me or is that a bit like Shooting themselves in the foot a bit there? Not sure on any regulation differences but surely that's going to effect the amount of car's at each event....
Old 13 Feb 2012, 16:57 (Ref:3025314)   #6
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe, but I don't think the F3 Open teams generally enter the Masters anyway. It's mainly British F3/Euroseries.
Old 13 Feb 2012, 17:52 (Ref:3025342)   #7
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Ebbsfleet to Brussels by Eurostar

Brussels to Amsterdam
then Amsterdam to Den Haag line to Harlem
OR
Brussels to Den Haag
then Den Haag - Amsterdam train to Haarlem

finally Harlem to Zandvoort
see
http://www.seat61.com/Netherlands.htm#by Eurostar

£89 return to any station in Holland
if you're under 26 £59 is possible
Old 18 Feb 2012, 18:25 (Ref:3027679)   #8
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Let me know when you plan on coming over, might be able to offer some support!

Recommendations for this year are the ADAC GT Masters, first weekend of May and end of season finals including FIA GT (in any kind of shape).