Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 26 Dec 1999, 15:52 (Ref:13047)   #1
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Been playing GT2 this weekend and find it very worthy. The insane number of cars and models available (over 450 variations) and the use of realistic tracks as well as models of Laguna Seca and some other real tracks add much to the game. Also, for those who became bored with the original, the computer guided opponents pick up the pace if you are too much competition for them. Check this one out.
Old 27 Dec 1999, 00:57 (Ref:13048)   #2
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Until I see it here in sunny England, I will remain un-convinced of it's greatness.

:confused:

[This message has been edited by Minardi fan (edited 27 December 1999).]
Old 27 Dec 1999, 10:42 (Ref:13049)   #3
F1FansClub
Racer

F1FansClub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Very true Minardi Fan! I'll wait until I see it until I say how good it is!

Ally
Old 28 Dec 1999, 00:28 (Ref:13050)   #4
tourist
Rookie

tourist should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think I care about it anymore. It is just another racer after all. What can it offer? Especially on an outdated piece of trash.
"New for 2010!!!!! GT 17!! 7000 new cars!! 50 tracks!!!"
This is what the reviews will say, "the developers have really done themselves proud - clearly the best ever. Buy this now 10/10!!!"
Err, nothings changed??? Hello? Is anyone listening?
Old 28 Dec 1999, 00:46 (Ref:13051)   #5
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent

Wow Tourist! For once, you are right!

I have the demo of GT2 and I am thoroughly un-impressed - the graphics are far too pixelly, the pop-up is horrendous, and the cars handle worse than an Arrows round a wet Magny-Cours.

Polyphony Ent. have been VERY naughty, and have decided to simply chuck in a few more cars and tracks. IT'S JUST NOT ON.

We'll just have to wait until February to find out if it has improved at all.

[This message has been edited by Minardi fan (edited 28 December 1999).]
Old 28 Dec 1999, 00:48 (Ref:13053)   #6
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent

G-R, The Tourist is now a twisted DC owner - before, he was a PS owner. If he didn't have his new machine, he'd be licking his chops at the thought of GT2.

Anyway, he wants it really.

Old 28 Dec 1999, 00:55 (Ref:13052)   #7
G-R
Rookie

G-R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
tourist, there is only going to be GT2000, then GT3. That will be it for the GT series. GT2000 will be GT2 but with a few more models and it's for the PS2. Ps2 with out GT would be like Ferrari with out Schumacher. GT3 will be finished, they say, in a couple of years after GT2000, and will be the last GT in the series.

You call it trash cos you don't like it right? Well, don't. If you don't like something, it doesn't mean it's trash. GT and, what I've read of it, GT2 are very, very good games, and said by other to be the best of thier type.
I don't like Driver, but I don't call it trash. It's a good game for what it's, but it's just not my type of game.

And whats the problem with sequels? There's only 2 GT's out, and fans were screaming for the 2nd one to be released. Why the hell not make another one? If it ain't broken........
Old 28 Dec 1999, 14:54 (Ref:13054)   #8
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The demo version of GT2 does not do the game any justice. The cars on the demo are pure stock models and not setup or tuned for racing. There are a few cars ont he game that a beyond the ability of most to drive. Hows about an 800 horsepower, 1800 pound TVR Speed 12? I call it the tire eater. Others are very fast and equally fun to drive.

As far as Playstation versus Dreamcast, I can offer a legitimate comparison as I own both. The Dreamcast is definitely better (and newer) hardware over the venerable Playstation, but lacks the games of the Sony juggernaut. I am still waiting for some releases that have been repeatedly pushed back. The F1 sim and some action-adventure games are getting delayed and delayed and I am getting a little frustrated with SEGA over this. The CART Flag to Flag Racing game was a major disappointment and pales in comparison to the CART World Series for the Playstation in every way but graphically. Terrible driving engine, lack of options, and a seriously limited interface killed this game in my mind.
Old 28 Dec 1999, 20:07 (Ref:13055)   #9
tourist
Rookie

GR may have missed my point - a little. I still adore the first GT, and my purposefully over the top rant against GT 17 was more an attack on the games industries "let's just rip money outta these smucks!!" attitude towards driving games. I'm sure you understood my point, but just to be sure.
KC - yes, the DC scene is very quiet at the moment, but with titles such as Code Veronica, Shenmue, MSR (yeah!! Go Bizarre!!!) and a few others, the future is far better than the look of the PS2's early days. Oh look - Lara comes back for more - TR52. Oh look more GT. Ah, the further killing off with characterisation in RPGs by FF12. "nonono Square, look! Well defined character and humour!!"(FF7). Oh look, another dull Tekken sequel. The best platfom in the history of Gaming for beat em ups is here in the DC - Caibur and Powerstone. Unrivalled masterpieces. Hush up KC, DC owners have more to look forward to than PS and future PS2 owners. Shenmue will save the day. A good kick in the head for Sony. Pleae also, MGS on DC!!!!! That would make MY day.
Oi, Minardi fan - I'm not sure I do want GT2. Alright? MSR will (hopefully) beat it hands down. Lets see, mr Minardi - would you prfer a Polyphony coded racer, or a Bizarre coded racer???? Hmmm?? If they get it right, it'll be the brilliant. (It already looks the best racers have ever looked). Those visuals coupled with Bizarre coding? Pure racing heaven.
Old 28 Dec 1999, 22:01 (Ref:13056)   #10
G-R
Rookie

G-R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got your point alright, but if there's still money to be made out of a game series, the developers/publishers/who ever are still gonna make another to make more money. I'm not too worried though, cos the more money in, the more they have to make a better game. It's a cycle. Money makes games, games then make money. And if you were a big power in a gmae company, wouldn't you want to make as much money as possilbe, even if it means making sequels and all.
Look at tomb raider. The're up to the 4th one now. And the 4th is the best.
Old 29 Dec 1999, 00:26 (Ref:13057)   #11
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Tomb Raider 4: Is it the best one???

I feel a new, un-motor related topic coming on.....

Old 29 Dec 1999, 00:28 (Ref:13058)   #12
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Tourist, So what if the DC is the best platform for beat-em-ups. Any b-e-u pales in comparison to the marvels of games such as FFVII or MGS or F1'97.

The lowest forms of games are, after all, 1st-person shooters and b-e-u's.

Old 29 Dec 1999, 01:20 (Ref:13059)   #13
tourist
Rookie

Yes GR, if I was in the position of a Big Game Power, I'd say, "Wow, what am I doing in this pathetically capitalistic obsessed miss-the-point-soul sucking corperate bulls*** buisness? Hey, I'll go go and be a human being instead".
That's what I'd say - thank goodness I'll never ever be in such a position. (with many arguements I am facing a horde of majority, so maybe I'll try and resist relatively trivial subjects from now on. I don't know why i still do). So in answer to you, mr **** Car 1 Point boy - I say this to your "FP shooters an b-e-u" comment: "blahblahblah" Because the discussion is a dead one. Opinions you see.
Old 31 Dec 1999, 18:10 (Ref:13060)   #14
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is the best motorsports game ever in my opinion. It kicks arse! I love all the options you have and I feel like a kid in a candy store when I have enough money to awesome racing machines. I like that you can even buy vintage Plymouth Superbirds, 1960's Corvettes, etc. This game has many new makes and models from all over the world that the first game didn't have. This game alone will enhance you knowledge of sports cars if nothing else. I love reading the histories of the different manufacturers and I love strategizing car purchases to bring home the bacon in larger sums faster.
Old 3 Jan 2000, 21:49 (Ref:13061)   #15
pablo
Rookie

United States
Tulsa, OK, USA
pablo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PS is better, no no the DC is better! NoNo the PS IS! Whatever people

I still have a Sega Saturn and play Sega Rally.

But I also have a PS and DC and play them plenty.

As far as race games go... Keep em comin. Especially the sims like GT 2 and F-1 '99 and the arcade games like Sega Rally 2 and I hope Daytona 2 or F355 Challenge. And hell yes MSR. Bizarre.. ah the F-1 masters themselves. Can't wait.

If you don't like it, don't play it. And if you don't like it and you bought it, well sell it.
Old 4 Jan 2000, 01:16 (Ref:13062)   #16
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Tourist, how can you say the PS2's early releases look so bleak - for Christ's sake man, it's not released here for another 9 months!

DON'T say "oh great FF Ten", DON't say "oh whoopee GT2" - JUST DON'T BOTHER.

And so far, the DC has yet to prove itself, because I haven't seen one game which is out which says to me "YOU MUST BUY A DC NOW."

Ok, so Ecco the Dolphin could change that, but until that time, I remain unconvinced. PLEASE! Let's drop the PS/DC/PS2 argument! NOW!