Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 19 Aug 2006, 19:42 (Ref:1686738)   #1
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ERXC Round 8 - Valkenswaard

Looks like its a bad start for carnegie, gearbox seems to have clogged up after(or causing) an off; some pictures on erc24.com of the car being towed out of the gravel.

Bermingrud and Isachsen make contact on the first corner
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.erc24.com
The track was slippery. Tommy Rustad had his moment in the first corner. Swede Lindkvist did not make de first corner. He rolled his car just after the chicane. In the last heat of the day, Sverre Isachsen took de lead. Morten Bermingrud was honest afterwards. “I pushed Sverre. But that was long before the corner. It was very slippery, I braked, and by that I hit Sverre.” Isachsen went sideways, and was very hard trying to keep the Ford Focus on the track. He went with his rear wheels into the sandbank and rolled his car. Isachsen went with a broken front windshield to the start grid but was for safety reasons as Isachsen explained not allowed to at the re-run. Therefore no time for Norwegian Isachsen.
He rolled it bigtime!

Havnt seen any times for any runs today, but should be all out tomorrow!!

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 19 Aug 2006, 19:50 (Ref:1686747)   #2
PhergAthor
Racer

Belgium
Maasmechelen, Belgium
PhergAthor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Look in the live-section on ERC24.com for the times. Dermot should be able to gain a few places, Tony should be happy if he gets in the finals. I was on the track today and "the guys from the islands" just cannot match the speed of the top ERC-drivers.
Old 19 Aug 2006, 22:58 (Ref:1686831)   #3
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Heat 1
Pos. Nr. Driver Car Time
1. 7 Jean-Luc Pailler Peugeot 02:45:09
2. 6 Per Eklund Saab 02:47:43
3. 5 Morten Bermingrud Citroen 02:49:23
4. 12 Tommy Rustad Ford 02:54:15
5. 1 Kenneth Hansen Citroen 02:55:18
6. 8 Jos Kuypers Ford 02:58:33
7. 4 Lars Larsson *koda 03:00:24
8. 22 Jochen Coox VW 03:04:48
9. 13 Andreas Eriksson Ford 03:04:63
10. 36 Olivier Anne Citroen 03:04:66
11. 19 Marcin Wicik Ford 03:05:77
12. 17 Harald Sachweh Opel 03:07:32
13. 99 Ronny Scheveneels VW 03:08:30
14. 16 Koen Pauwels Ford 03:09:27
15. 9 Pavel Koutný *koda 03:09:83
16. 43 Dermot Carnegie Ford 03:09:98
17. 34 Tony Bell Toyota 03:13:07
18. 45 Robert Langenberg Ford 03:13:47
19. 55 Rustam Minnikhanov *koda 03:13:75
20. 14 Ron Snoeck VW 03:14:15
21. 47 Jan Langenberg Ford 03:14:97
22. 33 Jan Van Loon Ford 03:17:60
23. 65 Christ Moelands BMW 03:49:03
24. 2 Michael Jernberg Ford DNF
25. 15 Willy Salzgeber Ford DNF
26. 42 Cor Kroon Opel DNF
27. 35 Wil Teurlings Volvo DNF
28. 46 Mike Lunenberg Fiat DNS
29. 3 Sverre Isachsen Ford DNS
30. 23 Tom Geenen Opel DNS
31. 10 Karl-Gunnar Lindkvist Volvo DNS
Carnegie and bell are going to have to put in some fast times in heat 2 and 3 to get well placed, its worth looking at hansens position; Possibly not all teething problems have been sorted with the car or unusual for him he put a slow time in...

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 20 Aug 2006, 11:35 (Ref:1687243)   #4
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Quote:
Heat 2
Pos. Nr. Nas. Driver Car Time
1. 7 Jean-Luc Pailler Peugeot 02:36:74
2. 5 Morten Bermingrud Citroen 02:38:45
3. 36 Olivier Anne Citroen 02:39:11
4. 2 Michael Jernberg Ford 02:39:46
5. 4 Lars Larsson *koda 02:39:72
6. 13 Andreas Eriksson Ford 02:40:01
7. 1 Kenneth Hansen Citroen 02:40:02
8. 6 Per Eklund Saab 02:40:88
9. 8 Jos Kuypers Ford 02:43:46
10. 10 Karl-Gunnar Lindkvist Volvo 02:43:73
11. 43 Dermot Carnegie Ford 02:44:34
12. 15 Willy Salzgeber Ford 02:44:46
13. 3 Sverre Isachsen Ford 02:44:87
14. 34 Tony Bell Toyota 02:45:21
15. 19 Marcin Wicik Ford 02:45:57
16. 14 Ron Snoeck VW 02:45:65
17. 9 Pavel Koutný *koda 02:45:92
18. 35 Wil Teurlings Volvo 02:48:22
19. 45 Robert Langenberg Ford 02:51:30
20. 47 Jan Langenberg Ford 02:52:74
21. 23 Tom Geenen Opel 02:53:79
22. 65 Christ Moelands BMW 02:54:63
23. 33 Jan Van Loon Ford 02:54:95
24. 12 Tommy Rustad Ford 03:06:53
Carnegie getting a good run in heat two, bell hasnt really bettered his position; surprisingly rustad is having a really bad day!

Old 20 Aug 2006, 14:31 (Ref:1687384)   #5
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Get the results from www.erc24.com Pictures reports and results as they happen much better than seeing them second hand, let the proper folks do it properly been so long since we have had such an informative website! seems a shame to waste it..
Dermot and Bell i think need a miracle to get too the finals Im afraid we cant compete with the top boys time too raise our game!
Old 20 Aug 2006, 14:40 (Ref:1687388)   #6
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Quote:
Originally Posted by schanche
Get the results from www.erc24.com Pictures reports and results as they happen much better than seeing them second hand, let the proper folks do it properly been so long since we have had such an informative website! seems a shame to waste it..
Dermot and Bell i think need a miracle to get too the finals Im afraid we cant compete with the top boys time too raise our game!
True to that Schanche!

Dermot didnt do too well in heat 3, tony seemed to do a bit better tho!

Old 20 Aug 2006, 19:38 (Ref:1687673)   #7
PhergAthor
Racer

Belgium
Maasmechelen, Belgium
Dermot got the place he deserved. C-final was approx his speed all weekend. Tony is just a bit short on speed to get to the finals. If some ace's have problems, he could get into a C-final.

Earlier on someone mentioned that Hansen was putting in slow times because he's 5th or so, but these aren't slow times. That was his best this weekend. ERC is becoming so competitive that no one is on top. Isachsen showed incredible speed this weekend, but a roll, gearbox troubles and 2 flat tires decided otherwise.

On a wet track Paillier was unstopable and Erikson (I realy hope for you guys he enters the superprix) was also surprisingly fast in the rain.
Old 20 Aug 2006, 23:09 (Ref:1687789)   #8
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhergAthor
Dermot got the place he deserved. C-final was approx his speed all weekend. Tony is just a bit short on speed to get to the finals. If some ace's have problems, he could get into a C-final.

Earlier on someone mentioned that Hansen was putting in slow times because he's 5th or so, but these aren't slow times. That was his best this weekend. ERC is becoming so competitive that no one is on top. Isachsen showed incredible speed this weekend, but a roll, gearbox troubles and 2 flat tires decided otherwise.

On a wet track Paillier was unstopable and Erikson (I realy hope for you guys he enters the superprix) was also surprisingly fast in the rain.
Paillier is quiet the demon on a wet track, i think hansen was having misfiring problems iwth the c4, or so erc24.com says...

Old 20 Aug 2006, 23:23 (Ref:1687796)   #9
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pailler won so outstandingly (about 250 metres ahead of runner-up Rustad) due to his very special Kumho rain-tyres. Hansen's C4 was running on 3 cyl. after the 1st corner till the engine stopped completely half a lap to the finish line.
Old 21 Aug 2006, 10:14 (Ref:1688035)   #10
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru
Pailler won so outstandingly (about 250 metres ahead of runner-up Rustad) due to his very special Kumho rain-tyres. Hansen's C4 was running on 3 cyl. after the 1st corner till the engine stopped completely half a lap to the finish line.
Rustad regained himself very well, he mucked up in heat 2 i think and put in a very fast time in 3.

Old 21 Aug 2006, 19:06 (Ref:1688185)   #11
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
euro rallyx on sky sports tonight about 9 pm
Old 21 Aug 2006, 19:13 (Ref:1688190)   #12
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigted
euro rallyx on sky sports tonight about 9 pm
Nice one!

Old 21 Aug 2006, 21:40 (Ref:1688344)   #13
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how much contact!
Old 21 Aug 2006, 22:47 (Ref:1688385)   #14
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigted
how much contact!
eklund drifting on grass; thats a sweet track lots of drifting, hansen really knew how to get that car around that hairpin left, in quick up with the handbrake and slide it around.

The polish guy in the VW Polo Div 1a was very impressive; thats a quick car he has got!

Old 22 Aug 2006, 13:34 (Ref:1688745)   #15
Chessmsport
Racer

England
Eastbourne
Chessmsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have just got back from Belguim and Holland.
Tony Bell was very close to making the finals in Belguim which was a great effort in car that is not the most up to date.
Dermot Carnegie would of made the finals in Holland had he not got a puncture in the 3rd heat, his 'off' in the first heat and puncture in the 3rd were both due to him getting amongst it, 'but the luck of the Irish' did not hold out for him.
A great 2 weekends racing with the 'brits' giving a good account of themselves. With a bit more racing in Europe I am sure a few of the British championship contenders would not that far away from the Euros.
Old 22 Aug 2006, 18:07 (Ref:1688939)   #16
PhergAthor
Racer

Belgium
Maasmechelen, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxie
Paillier is quiet the demon on a wet track, i think hansen was having misfiring problems iwth the c4, or so erc24.com says...
Hansen had indeed problems in the finals. (Technical explanation by rxguru)

But that was after he was beaten 3 times in the heats. Isachsen was faster all weekend, but bad luck in the heats decided otherwise.
Old 22 Aug 2006, 18:10 (Ref:1688942)   #17
PhergAthor
Racer

Belgium
Maasmechelen, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessmsport
A great 2 weekends racing with the 'brits' giving a good account of themselves. With a bit more racing in Europe I am sure a few of the British championship contenders would not that far away from the Euros.
The likes of Doran, Evans or Carnegie could do a good as Anne, I think. To beat the Scandinavians is another game.
Old 22 Aug 2006, 20:12 (Ref:1689056)   #18
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Olivier anne 5th in the A final belguim in first time he's been there! that says about qaulity.Two more yrs of the British champs as it is now! more drivers better grids stiff competion then maybe our guys can start to mix with the big boys.Although the deciding Factor is sponsers and money and experiance on the European tour which for now is a long way off for our guys..........
Old 25 Aug 2006, 23:11 (Ref:1691822)   #19
michael.hoese
Rookie

Germany
Cologne Germany
michael.hoese should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When was the last podium place for one of "your guys"?
I am very disappointed of the performance of the british and irish drivers throughout the last three years, fighting for a place in the C-Final.

But i hope to get them back soon. The european championship includes the british and ireland drivers even as the East-Zone of Europe. The scandinavian and the french championship seems to be the best all over Europe.

With friendly greetings from cologne/germany
Michael
Old 28 Aug 2006, 08:54 (Ref:1694322)   #20
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Michael that really our guys just dont do enough European racing to be quick at that level.

You have to realise that racing over here is pretty much for rather well off gents! Most of the guys are in the forties or later and very well off, and like driving quic cars on loose! The raciong is very good domestically but obviously there isnt someone out front jjts legging it, they are all at pretty much the same level!

Dermot is still winning finals over here so is pretty much on the pace, so i dont really think that Doran would be that much quicker. Evans though is B or maybe even A Final material. The kid has some seriou talent and serious money to throw at it. Dont be surprsied if maybe he and Jordan do a Euro campaign soon.

Think our last real talent to get into A finals would have been Barry Squibb perhaps in late ninties? Maybe even Gollop?
Old 28 Aug 2006, 09:55 (Ref:1694362)   #21
PhergAthor
Racer

Belgium
Maasmechelen, Belgium
I have to disagree on Britains not beeing able to get the right material due to lack of budget.

McClusky bought a Euro-championship winning car. Mad Mark a French-championship winning car. Evans, Doran and Carnegie can beat those cars, so the cars they are driving can reach A-finals in the ERC.

But there are about 10 cars of regulars who can reach an A-final in the ERC, so you need a bit of luck and have the car-driver-tack knowledge combination sorted out perfectly. Anne, Rustad and Erickson proof that good drivers can be competitive on new tracks, so stop looking for excusses and line up besides the best to see what you are worth.
Old 28 Aug 2006, 11:41 (Ref:1694750)   #22
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhergAthor
I have to disagree on Britains not beeing able to get the right material due to lack of budget.

McClusky bought a Euro-championship winning car. Mad Mark a French-championship winning car. Evans, Doran and Carnegie can beat those cars, so the cars they are driving can reach A-finals in the ERC.

But there are about 10 cars of regulars who can reach an A-final in the ERC, so you need a bit of luck and have the car-driver-tack knowledge combination sorted out perfectly. Anne, Rustad and Erickson proof that good drivers can be competitive on new tracks, so stop looking for excusses and line up besides the best to see what you are worth.
While i agree with 90% of what you said Phreg i do have to point out this...

The tracks in europe are far different than the tracks in the uk and ireland, Austria for example is a very fast track that Requires the driver to adopt a type of drift style to get the ultimate time out of this if you whached hansen on Skysports a few weeks ago you would of seen that if your not fully committed to drifting that car you will fall behind.

The Tracks in the uk and ireland arnt designed for the speeds that the european tracks have, Rustad when he won over here in ireland in the 80's (in the rs200) did so because the tracks here are slower and would in essence require less car control.

The main reasons the Irish and British drivers fall down is because we do not have much experience with the European Tracks and the style of driving that is with the ERXC, in the uk and ireland you can have a supercar race that is won from start to finish by one person but in europe that first position could change at any second and regularally does.

There are no "I stop for X" stickers in europe They all want a piece of the cake at all costs

Warning, what follows is a rant and does not necessarily represent the opinions of Ten-Tenths.
(To be honest, it probably doesn't even represent the opinions of the poster when they aren't ranting.)

Ah sure ill bring me polo over to Europe and see how i do

We now return you to our normal ramblings.

Old 28 Aug 2006, 19:22 (Ref:1695749)   #23
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Erm, didnt Rudtad win at Mondello before they butchered it, that was one of the fastest tracks in Euroipe at the time I think!

I know what you mean though, even Martin struggled to get on terms with the likes of Croft, but they always went well at Lydden, thouhg even there the likes of Renny, John Smith and the like could always seem to get in finals and compete. Just as we struggled in Norway Finland and Sweden, they struggled a bit at Lydden and Mondello!
Old 28 Aug 2006, 21:01 (Ref:1695863)   #24
fullcircle
Racer

fullcircle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxie
While i agree with 90% of what you said Phreg i do have to point out this...

The tracks in europe are far different than the tracks in the uk and ireland, Austria for example is a very fast track that Requires the driver to adopt a type of drift style to get the ultimate time out of this if you whached hansen on Skysports a few weeks ago you would of seen that if your not fully committed to drifting that car you will fall behind.

Correct the tracks are different. However you are completely wrong about them being faster than those in UK. Its totally the opposite.

[/I][/B][/I][/I]The Tracks in the uk and ireland arnt designed for the speeds that the european tracks have, Rustad when he won over here in ireland in the 80's (in the rs200) did so because the tracks here are slower and would in essence require less car control.

Totally wrong. Blyton and Pembrey are radically faster than anything in Europe.
Rustad won because he was and still is a class act.

The main reasons the Irish and British drivers fall down is because we do not have much experience with the European Tracks and the style of driving that is with the ERXC, in the uk and ireland you can have a supercar race that is won from start to finish by one person but in europe that first position could change at any second and regularally does.

Wrong again. The main reason the UK drivers fail is because they are just not up to it. The top 8 or 10 European drivers are head and shoulders above any UK drivers.

There are no "I stop for X" stickers in europe They all want a piece of the cake at all costs

Warning, what follows is a rant and does not necessarily represent the opinions of Ten-Tenths.
(To be honest, it probably doesn't even represent the opinions of the poster when they aren't ranting.)

Ah sure ill bring me polo over to Europe and see how i do

We now return you to our normal ramblings.
Unless you have seen it first hand its hard to comment!
Old 29 Aug 2006, 10:36 (Ref:1696136)   #25
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullcircle
Unless you have seen it first hand its hard to comment!
I have seen it first hand.

The design of tracks around europe ARE different from the uk and ireland (rallycross tracks now). The Tracks are done to FIA European Rallycross standards, which if you know anything about the rules for ERXC you should know the difference

Quote:
Wrong again. The main reason the UK drivers fail is because they are just not up to it. The top 8 or 10 European drivers are head and shoulders above any UK drivers.
So your telling me that you could throw Young Mr Jordan out into europe and if he trys hard enough he is going to win the whole thing ? Would you get real! when you get to the Professional rallycross level such as the ERXC you need Your experience of the tracks, As i said above Our boys dont drive the tracks as much as the european lads and therefore they dont have a full understanding of the track. Its like for example if you put me and Dermot in the exact same cars in mondello, he is still going to be faster than me as he has raced the track 100 times more than me.

Quote:
Totally wrong. Blyton and Pembrey are radically faster than anything in Europe.
Rustad won because he was and still is a class act. Correct the tracks are different. However you are completely wrong about them being faster than those in UK. Its totally the opposite.

Blyton and Pembrey do not have a greater avarage speed to most of the european tracks and therefore under the standards setout are not quicker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
Erm, didnt Rudtad win at Mondello before they butchered it, that was one of the fastest tracks in Euroipe at the time I think!
Yeh he won there before they remoddled Mondello (in the late 90's). You also ahve to take into account that rallycross in Ireland didnt have cars as quick as the lads in europe aswell.

I dont have the old layout of mondello so i cant remember exactly where the cars were before they slid around the final corner...

Its been debated many times before, when it comes down to it, no matter how much general rallycross experence you have on one track, it dosnt give you and automatic transfere to the next one!