Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Oct 2009, 12:11 (Ref:2567868)   #151
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
nah my guess if Holden were to go V8 Supercars = dead.

Hardly! BTCC will go on just fine, without it's stalwart Vauxhall.

TC can "coax" a couple of mill out of Chrysler Australia to fill the void and have a handful of 300Cs on the grid in some low ranked teams up against the newly built Valvoline GRM Falcons, Supercheap Falcons, TWR Toll Racing Team Falcons etc, to stop it being a one-make cup.

V8SC will be much better without those pesky Holdens.
Old 23 Oct 2009, 19:55 (Ref:2568246)   #152
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
COT will answer the question of "who will replace holden".
Old 23 Oct 2009, 22:53 (Ref:2568349)   #153
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
No chance of it looking better than this. Besides Arena have already been courting Ford with little interest being shown.

For a championship with NO works teams into the next season (apparently the Bimmers are not even semi-works supported, nor the Chevys, nor the SEATs!), the BTCC sure does have some great variety and different 2/3 car teams with their own make.
And up until recently this car and team have been tail end Charlies, so I am surprised Ford even gave them an audience...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 23 Oct 2009, 23:53 (Ref:2568370)   #154
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
And up until recently this car and team have been tail end Charlies, so I am surprised Ford even gave them an audience...
You may be a bit harsh there GTR, aren't they relatively new to the series?

I watched some BTCC and the commentary said they were making big inroads with their performance.
Old 24 Oct 2009, 00:22 (Ref:2568382)   #155
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
You may be a bit harsh there GTR, aren't they relatively new to the series?

I watched some BTCC and the commentary said they were making big inroads with their performance.
Arena has been around for a long time... so while it may be their first year with this car, its not their first year in the series.
Old 24 Oct 2009, 08:24 (Ref:2568494)   #156
HSVDT
Rookie

Australia
Gold Coast
HSVDT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a load of BS

It appears that most people are more concerned about the BS media spin thats coming from the US in reference to GM rather than showing a link that states Holden will be out of V8SC.

Who said Holden was leaving the series???
Old 24 Oct 2009, 08:44 (Ref:2568509)   #157
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVDT View Post
It appears that most people are more concerned about the BS media spin thats coming from the US in reference to GM rather than showing a link that states Holden will be out of V8SC.

They already have, from any team other than the 2 lead WP/HRT units, and the 2 888 units. Everyone else is not inside the 'family' so to speak
Old 24 Oct 2009, 09:13 (Ref:2568522)   #158
HSVDT
Rookie

Australia
Gold Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
They already have, from any team other than the 2 lead WP/HRT units, and the 2 888 units. Everyone else is not inside the 'family' so to speak
GTRMagic, the same could be said for Ford aswell due to some of there teams losing Factory sponsorship. Oh before I forget watch what happens to some of the current Holden and Ford teams and which manufacture they end up driving for come 2012 when VESA allows more manufacturers into the series.
Old 24 Oct 2009, 10:35 (Ref:2568572)   #159
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

It will be very hard to race Holdens when they stop making them.
Old 24 Oct 2009, 11:37 (Ref:2568628)   #160
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if Ford will re-engage with some of the other Ford teams when (potentially) marketing money is freed up when their deal with the Ford Ranger Cup (seems) to conclude at the end of 2010? http://cricket.com.au/default.aspx?s...splay&id=14145

2011 was the year (allegedly) mentioned in the pep talk by Marin Burela at Bathurst for the company to get serious again, according to the press.

Quote:
GTRMagic, the same could be said for Ford aswell due to some of there teams losing Factory sponsorship. Oh before I forget watch what happens to some of the current Holden and Ford teams and which manufacture they end up driving for come 2012 when VESA allows more manufacturers into the series.
Old 24 Oct 2009, 13:26 (Ref:2568677)   #161
HSVDT
Rookie

Australia
Gold Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bigtime View Post
It will be very hard to race Holdens when they stop making them.
billy bigtime, you seem so sure of yourself why can't you verify your quote by adding a direct link that categorically states Holden Australia would cease its production line.

The reason you won't be able to provide a direct link to Holden is because you won't be able to find one that states your quote or akin to it.