Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Aug 2014, 11:39 (Ref:3448097)   #1
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One more Win ...

And Rosberg is Champion. I think i'm right in saying that if Hamilton wins the next 6 races, with Rosberg second, but Rosberg wins the last round in Abu Dhabi, he'll be Champion. Is that right, or do i need to go back to school ......
Old 27 Aug 2014, 13:18 (Ref:3448138)   #2
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy View Post
And Rosberg is Champion. I think i'm right in saying that if Hamilton wins the next 6 races, with Rosberg second, but Rosberg wins the last round in Abu Dhabi, he'll be Champion. Is that right, or do i need to go back to school ......
Might be better to return to reality

Sorry! Not really helpful I suppose, but have you factored in double points for the last race?
Old 27 Aug 2014, 13:20 (Ref:3448142)   #3
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know (from experience) that it's always better to start a thread with pre-checked information...
Old 27 Aug 2014, 17:59 (Ref:3448254)   #4
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy View Post
Rosberg: 220 + 108 + 50 = 378
Hmailton: 191 + 150 + 36 = 377

So you are right.... Nico wins by 1 point
Old 27 Aug 2014, 20:54 (Ref:3448299)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't believe we will have wall to wall 1-2's for Merc for the remainder of the races. I fully expect one of them to take the other off sometime between now and the last lap at Abu Dhabi.....
Old 27 Aug 2014, 21:04 (Ref:3448307)   #6
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
not to mention engine failure in race or problems in qualifying. I reckon Ricciardo will take at least one more win this season.
Old 27 Aug 2014, 21:06 (Ref:3448308)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wouldn't be surprised. I'd love to see Bottas on that top step too......
Old 27 Aug 2014, 23:35 (Ref:3448348)   #8
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I don't believe we will have wall to wall 1-2's for Merc for the remainder of the races. I fully expect one of them to take the other off sometime between now and the last lap at Abu Dhabi.....
Would it be cynical to forecast that double points in Abu Dhabi won't effect the championship?
Whoever is leading the points table leading in to Abu Dhabi will be the champion, because the Mercs will take each other off there!
Old 28 Aug 2014, 00:43 (Ref:3448356)   #9
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Would it be cynical to forecast that double points in Abu Dhabi won't effect the championship?
not cynical at all - but I sincerely hope you are right. If it does make the difference then it's a travesty. Did I read that even Bernie admitted to second thoughts and said he wished he hadn't pushed it through?
Old 28 Aug 2014, 04:13 (Ref:3448384)   #10
miatanut
Veteran

United States
Seattle
miatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Whoever is leading the points table leading in to Abu Dhabi will be the champion, because the Mercs will take each other off there!
Deja Vu?

Have to admit, I much preferred Suzuka '89 over Suzuka '90. Le Professeur over that snot-nosed kid.
Old 28 Aug 2014, 05:14 (Ref:3448390)   #11
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Damn real bruh. I do hope (and believe) The Rosberg gets a dnf to close things up a bit, or has some troubles. Just to get it a bit more even and give The Hamilton a chance.

I'm not a Hammo fan but that boy has never really had the luck of the Irish. 2007, 16 point with 2 races remaining and he loses it. All the reliability issues at McLaren as Vettel won titles when, at times, the McLaren was faster. Now the horse poo reliability of the Mercedes.

He's not quite the Will Power of F1, but another title is slipping his fingers this year whilte Wilbo looks like he's finally got it right.