Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Aug 2014, 15:51 (Ref:3449283)   #1
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Max prangs the car in Rotterdam demo

Slightly reminiscent of Kamui in the Moscow demo. Max made a bit of a hash of turning the car round and pranged the car against the barrier.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/video/m...his-toro-rosso
Old 31 Aug 2014, 16:00 (Ref:3449285)   #2
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Apart from the above, the rest went pretty well apparently..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1WCas7AFwU&app=desktop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJYn4nURW2Q&app=desktop
Old 1 Sep 2014, 12:47 (Ref:3449477)   #3
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Have to feel for him, easy to do!
Old 1 Sep 2014, 13:13 (Ref:3449481)   #4
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Yes very easy in such a small space....
Old 1 Sep 2014, 14:00 (Ref:3449492)   #5
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was wondering how Marussia had managed to afford to run the car on a non-race day. Wrong Max
Old 1 Sep 2014, 16:27 (Ref:3449522)   #6
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess he joins the likes of Maldonado and Kobi. I wonder who else has felt the "embarrassment". At least MV's crash wasn't while driving down a straight and blowing a corner.
Old 1 Sep 2014, 16:38 (Ref:3449524)   #7
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Heidfeld a while back, just tapped the wall and lost his front wing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqThuwQoHjw
Old 1 Sep 2014, 16:41 (Ref:3449525)   #8
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Oh dear...
Old 3 Sep 2014, 06:46 (Ref:3449908)   #9
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You have to remember it was only his second day in a F1 car.
Old 3 Sep 2014, 16:52 (Ref:3450016)   #10
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
and yet he's already confirmed at Toro Rosso next year...
Old 3 Sep 2014, 18:03 (Ref:3450030)   #11
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
to be honest i would almost be disappointed if a 16 year old kid in an F1 car didnt ding it up.

has to be a shot to his confidence though. perhaps he truly has the mentality/maturity to shrug this off. if he can that would, to me anyways, go a long way in validating that he is ready for the next step.
Old 3 Sep 2014, 23:13 (Ref:3450090)   #12
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
has to be a shot to his confidence though. perhaps he truly has the mentality/maturity to shrug this off. if he can that would, to me anyways, go a long way in validating that he is ready for the next step.
I do hope that's sarcasm.
Old 3 Sep 2014, 23:27 (Ref:3450094)   #13
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
It's a really strange crash, drifting along in neutral, bit like the one Maria de Villota had!

I had not seen this angle of Max's accident before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xQLXBDBP40
Old 4 Sep 2014, 00:52 (Ref:3450109)   #14
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
I assume they had a go pro attached to the car which we'd all like to see, but from the angle on the video it seems like a really strange crash; it was really quite slow so he must have realised he was never going to make that turn at that angle. at about the 4 sec mark on the video it's like he realised but didn't try and brake or try a flick to get the nose in the right direction.
Old 4 Sep 2014, 17:31 (Ref:3450296)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Was it just that he wasn't used to running without his stabilisers on......?
Old 6 Sep 2014, 06:10 (Ref:3450688)   #16
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
You have to remember it was only his second day in a F1 car.
sorry about that, it was the third time for him in a F1 car

Old 8 Sep 2014, 09:20 (Ref:3451198)   #17
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Was it just that he wasn't used to running without his stabilisers on......?