Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Mar 2004, 05:43 (Ref:910270)   #26
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You know, i for one though likes racing, fully accept the reality of team work as well as team policy.

There's no "correct" way for bosses to run their team, only the "best" way and the "fastest" way.

If Ralf is genuinely alot slower than JPM, and JPM could theoretically get a far better position for the team, than i believe that the the teammate shouldn't hold another guy from the same team up. This of course is only right to apply with the understandings from both drivers, and hence, if JPM expects such treatment, he should ask whetehr he'd do the same for Ralf. If both drivers do work for the best of the team, it's really stupid if one or another takes the other out.

In fact this view is held constant to all the teams out there. I believe it is JPM who said that nobody should expect a god-given right to expect the car in front to make way for you to pass (said after his first Austria GP after a tangle with MS), and i'm quite surprised that JPM actually demands for Ralf to give in - especially it isn't the first time (a certain Silverstone GP and USA GP saw similar comments)... double standard?

I'm sitting on the fence right now on this one...it's just a very confusing situation that there's no clear right or wrong. One thing is, keep the fight on the track and not for both to fight in the press.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 08:02 (Ref:910378)   #27
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This kind of interviews by Ralf, halfway between whimpering and threatening, are quite usual: just think of how many times he said: "next time I won't let my brother pass" or something like that.
Now he just changed the addressee..
Old 19 Mar 2004, 08:49 (Ref:910430)   #28
goforit500
Veteran

goforit500 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"But to brake inside someone knowing that he either gives you space or we crash, is not correct"....

Errrrr....'scuse me........

Apologies, for a second there I mixed F1 up with motor racing.....
Old 19 Mar 2004, 09:39 (Ref:910477)   #29
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by goforit500
"But to brake inside someone knowing that he either gives you space or we crash, is not correct"....
When you go past someone you have to be alongside at one point. In which the other guy has to give you room or you crash!

If you do it well you get on the inside and comprimise the other guys racing line giving yourself a decent chance to get past.

racing...

I've always considered that to be a good racer you have to know how to be overtaken as well as how to overtake.

However we have this attitude that you are rubbish if someone goes past you. So we havethis bad racing. However I was glad to see generally at Australia Button wasn't got at for being overtaken. Good on him and he didn't moan.

There is thread on ten-tenths presently that is about Dijon 1979. Both Arnoux and Villeneuve knew how to be overtaken and I consider Arnoux to have achieved as much and driven as well as Villeunve in that encounter.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 11:04 (Ref:910561)   #30
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
I believe it is JPM who said that nobody should expect a god-given right to expect the car in front to make way for you to pass (said after his first Austria GP after a tangle with MS), and i'm quite surprised that JPM actually demands for Ralf to give in - especially it isn't the first time (a certain Silverstone GP and USA GP saw similar comments)... double standard?

Iirc (??) in the races you mention above, each driver was on a different stratergy, JPM got held up before his pit-stop at Silverstone (2001) thus he came out behind Rafe. For the good of the team it would have been better for Rafe to let JPM through, that is why Patrick Head asked Rafe to move. Don't forget, neither driver was in a position to win the WDC.

*BTW, i don't think it's USA but France 2001*

The difference with the Australian race is, both drivers (at this stage) have the machinery and oppertunity to go for the WDC. JPM made a mistake, but he caught and overtook Rafe pretty quickly in what looked on TV to be a fair move, then he was off into the distance. Funny that none of the other drivers he overtook had a bad thing to say about JPM's overtaking?

Not sure if you think that it's double standards, but imo, because the situation is different, its not. (double standards)

Last edited by Mr V; 19 Mar 2004 at 11:06.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 11:17 (Ref:910576)   #31
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Haha..hey MrV, read the paragraph above plus the one you quoted together..all i'm doing is looking at the situation from different angles, at issues of where JPM's attitude might be less correct than Ralf, at issues where JPM's attitude is better than Ralf. Not blaming JPM.

But also, not blaming Ralf. He's merely answering back to accusations from JPM.

Old 19 Mar 2004, 11:20 (Ref:910582)   #32
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by goforit500

Errrrr....'scuse me........

Apologies, for a second there I mixed F1 up with motor racing.....

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 20 Mar 2004, 02:26 (Ref:911383)   #33
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by The Monster
Unfortunatly the TV footage doesn't shed any more light on this issue, as far as I can see from the TV images it looked a clean pass on Montoya's behalf.
Looking at the photos from the corner it appears as though Montoya is right up on the inside right hand kerb, but its tough to judge without appropriate video footage.
Yah, Ralph seems to have an ego such that he cannot admit error. I think of several incidents where his proclaimed incidence was suspect. He indeed does share something with his brother after all . JPM is no angel but when he speaks he is much more believable IMO.
Old 20 Mar 2004, 03:39 (Ref:911410)   #34
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
I wonder if Schumi Lite talks to the cops the same way when they pull him over...

Still think that all this bluster will make for fun this weekend. I would wager a bob or two that they take each other out!
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.