Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Mar 2004, 20:12 (Ref:909682)   #26
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a shame that some of his so-called fans are doing this. I've not met any of them but last year at Montmeló they seemed like the most loyal and organized bunch of fans, all in black with Trust stuff, considering that it's probably not as easy to find as TGF merchandising...
Old 18 Mar 2004, 20:29 (Ref:909699)   #27
minirda
Racer

minirda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
don't over-react svp

Quote:
Originally posted by bosch!
minirda: well, if people start threatening your childrens lives in the name of sport maybe you would change your mind. Assuming that there is enough of it to change...
Really: why pay all this attention?

minirda (my mind's okay thanks for your concern, I've three children so i can imagine what real threat can do to you and your family, but this hate mails is the work of children.....COME ON!!)
Old 18 Mar 2004, 20:39 (Ref:909713)   #28
minirda
Racer

minirda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by hamsmith
Eddie j death threats! think minirda clicked new topic instead of submit reply! even so i haven't really understood that one either. surely fans have voiced how pi**ed off they are before. ej will do anything to get press these days.
thanx hamsmith: you are right, i miss-clicked.

My message is: no matter how disgusting the hate-mails are, imo Eddie wouldn't have to call the press that this was going on. This is the work of 13 or (max) 14 years old kids, not realising what they are doing. So we musn't take it too serously.

On the homepage of JV a lot of real fans are mad about the hate mails either. That's why a new thread was posted: Verstappen fans support Jos, Jordan and F1.

minardi
Old 19 Mar 2004, 05:36 (Ref:910263)   #29
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
such people are abslolutely crazy, it was'nt even EJ's fault, it was Trust wich did'nt keep their promisses and pulled the plug on Jos(and the only thing I've done about that is replace my keyboard and mouse by a different brand)
Old 19 Mar 2004, 05:40 (Ref:910266)   #30
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally posted by Jukebox
what's so special about jos? he blew his chance on his debut with benetton and that's it. dumb if u ask me to be so fanatic for a driver of his calibre
he scored 10 points, Lehto scored 1 and Herbert scored none.

so only Michael Schumacher managerd to score more points than a rookie who barely had any testing before the season started and Jos could have had 6 points more if the team had'nt set him on fire in Hockenheim.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 07:35 (Ref:910358)   #31
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He did a few test sessions with Arrows and McLaren (taste of F1 car) a year before 1994 and in his debut race he crashed, 2nd race DNF-spun, replaced for 4 races and on his 3rd attempt (surely he had enuf testing by then) DNF spun again

anything special?
Old 19 Mar 2004, 08:18 (Ref:910390)   #32
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jukebox
He did a few test sessions with Arrows and McLaren (taste of F1 car) a year before 1994 and in his debut race he crashed, 2nd race DNF-spun, replaced for 4 races and on his 3rd attempt (surely he had enuf testing by then) DNF spun again

anything special?
Test sessions a year before 1994?

As far as I know, a year before his debut he was preparing himself for his first season in F3.

I would think that he got those test sessions at the end of the season, after winning races in German F3. Maybe even after he had won the championship.

---

Reasons for his first crash are unclear (he collided with Irvine; Irvine got a ban because of this incident).

He was not replaced for those 4 races; He had been standing in for the regular second driver (Lehto). At that time Lehto had recovered from his accident. So Jos (temporarily) stopped replacing Lehto.

By the time he had done enough testing, he learned to finish races and get podium results.

It may not have been a very good rookie year.
But with 10 points out of 10 races, it also is not a very bad rookie year.
For a young rookie with only 2 years of racing experience (only one year in F3, at a time when most drivers had at least F3000-experience before entering F1) it wasn't bad at all. (Remember Button only scored 12 points in his first 16 races).

---

Verstappen blew it *after* his first year, by not getting enough sponsorship to get a second chance in a decent team.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 08:30 (Ref:910403)   #33
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You've described it all in detail Don K, having Michael as a team mate...both JJ Lehto and Jos looked ordinary IMO.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 11:27 (Ref:910595)   #34
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by minirda

My message is: no matter how disgusting the hate-mails are, imo Eddie wouldn't have to call the press that this was going on. This is the work of 13 or (max) 14 years old kids, not realising what they are doing. So we musn't take it too serously.

How do you know it's the work of 13 or 14 year olds though? Gerrard Houllier (Liverpool manager) recently recieved a death threat, as did Michael Owen (Liverpool front man) and the team decided that it was serious enough to go to the police.(which in turn got released to the press).

I'm not saying that all Jos fans are a danger to EJ, but it only takes that 1 who is a danger.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 13:01 (Ref:910693)   #35
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
How do you know it's the work of 13 or 14 year olds though? Gerrard Houllier (Liverpool manager) recently recieved a death threat, as did Michael Owen (Liverpool front man) and the team decided that it was serious enough to go to the police.(which in turn got released to the press).

I'm not saying that all Jos fans are a danger to EJ, but it only takes that 1 who is a danger.

How old are you minirda ???
Old 19 Mar 2004, 13:51 (Ref:910757)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by steve nielsen
...and the only thing I've done about that is replace my keyboard and mouse by a different brand)

Was the keyboard a sponsored freebie then Steve?
Old 19 Mar 2004, 15:29 (Ref:910850)   #37
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
no,I had bought them, but |I did'nt want to use a Trust product anymore.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 16:42 (Ref:910903)   #38
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Wow, very impressive your loyalty to Jos !!!
Old 19 Mar 2004, 16:46 (Ref:910907)   #39
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
he scored 10 points

Wow! That takes my breath away!
Old 19 Mar 2004, 17:14 (Ref:910929)   #40
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
that's 9 more than Lehto and 10 more than Herbert scored in the same car.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 17:23 (Ref:910937)   #41
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Thought that Verstappens agent :vensored: things up for Jos, not Trust

Quote:
that's 9 more than Lehto and 10 more than Herbert scored in the same car.
MMMM, he also raced 4 more races than Lehto and 8 more than Herbert for Benetton in 1994.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 17:52 (Ref:910973)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Here we go again - I think we've travelled this same route a fair few times in the past, havent we?
Old 19 Mar 2004, 18:18 (Ref:910991)   #43
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't want to use a Trust product anymore either, not because they supposedly screwed Jos but just because their products are pure uhm... they're just bad okay!

Last edited by ASCII Man; 19 Mar 2004 at 18:19.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 18:20 (Ref:910993)   #44
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jos being one of those products....
Old 19 Mar 2004, 21:38 (Ref:911172)   #45
Mr Hahn
Racer

Mr Hahn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
How old are you minirda ???
Whatever happened to attack the post not the poster? Why pick on a rookie poster who has stated a perfectly valid opinion that EJ did not need to go public on this. But then he never could resist a bit of publicity, could he...
Old 20 Mar 2004, 06:48 (Ref:911539)   #46
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
Thought that Verstappens agent :vensored: things up for Jos, not Trust

MMMM, he also raced 4 more races than Lehto and 8 more than Herbert for Benetton in 1994.
Are you trying to tell us that 0 points from 2 races (Herbert) or 1 point from 6 races (Lehto) by an experienced driver is better than 10 points from 10 races (Verstappen) by a rookie? :confused: