Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 12 Nov 2020, 14:49 (Ref:4016172)   #2926
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I was thinking along similar lines in the wake of Iain's comment.

I suppose if the lockdown is still going there will be another date in lieu...

For the Jubilee?

Old 12 Nov 2020, 15:05 (Ref:4016177)   #2927
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
For the Jubilee?

You can have a day off for my 70th birthday in May 2022, but I would very much like to be at Monaco Classic.
Old 12 Nov 2020, 15:44 (Ref:4016185)   #2928
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Having given up my contracted parts washer earlier this year, I've just invested in my own . . . .any recommendations of fluid to use ? have had solvent and acqeous, both have advantages/disadvanteges . . . I do have a heating element, which works well with acqueous.
Old 12 Nov 2020, 15:46 (Ref:4016186)   #2929
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
A good weekend for a nice big historic festival, and still plenty of time to travel back ready for work?

Thats a good call . . . Mrs Zef and I's 20th anniversdary that weekend too.
Old 12 Nov 2020, 17:08 (Ref:4016209)   #2930
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
You can have a day off for my 70th birthday in May 2022, but I would very much like to be at Monaco Classic.
Cheers John. Mine is 2023 so I can return the offer then.
Old 12 Nov 2020, 18:03 (Ref:4016220)   #2931
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Cheers John. Mine is 2023 so I can return the offer then.
Bit of a way off yet, Iain, but are you likely to do Monaco in 2022?
Old 12 Nov 2020, 18:52 (Ref:4016227)   #2932
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
It's 2022.
She might be dead by then.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 12 Nov 2020, 19:07 (Ref:4016232)   #2933
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
She might be dead by then.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
I wasn't going say anything, nor mention Phil the Greek
Old 12 Nov 2020, 22:24 (Ref:4016254)   #2934
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Bit of a way off yet, Iain, but are you likely to do Monaco in 2022?
I think my Monaco days have long gone now John . I would love to have one last go but I can’t see the FJ or F3 cars being invited back . Never say never . Then it’s the entry fee . I can go to NZ and race for three weeks and still have change . Might get asked to spanner so you never know .
Old 13 Nov 2020, 01:44 (Ref:4016281)   #2935
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I think my Monaco days have long gone now John . I would love to have one last go but I can’t see the FJ or F3 cars being invited back . Never say never . Then it’s the entry fee . I can go to NZ and race for three weeks and still have change . .
.... and stop off at Phillip Island on the way home?
(I'll provide the kwassonts)
Old 13 Nov 2020, 06:50 (Ref:4016291)   #2936
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Yep , Stay in Oz longer next time . Do some racing with Dr Bob .👍
Old 13 Nov 2020, 07:07 (Ref:4016294)   #2937
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Look forward to catching up with both you and Dr Bob again.
Old 13 Nov 2020, 11:32 (Ref:4016333)   #2938
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
My perfect trip would be to take the Lotus 22 to NZ. Race north and south islands and then get car over to Oz for Phillip Island. That's all after racing in the northern hemisphere with Lars.No then, how do I get this pass Mrs Delta.
Old 13 Nov 2020, 21:20 (Ref:4016409)   #2939
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Easy. Buy her a ticket
Old 13 Nov 2020, 22:52 (Ref:4016422)   #2940
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Last episode of Bad Obsession Motorsport's Bargain Racecraft just issued today (for patrons) you'll have to wait until tomorrow if you're cheap - where they donate the car to Mission Motorsport at a Remembrance Day service - a grand gesture that will hopefully help raise more support for this good cause.

I've enjoyed this series - hope they can get back to the usual idiocies soon
Old 14 Nov 2020, 08:15 (Ref:4016456)   #2941
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

L-G Sjöberg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
My perfect trip would be to take the Lotus 22 to NZ. Race north and south islands and then get car over to Oz for Phillip Island. That's all after racing in the northern hemisphere with Lars.No then, how do I get this pass Mrs Delta.
There is room in my garage for your car as soon as I take my camper van out for the next season.
Old 14 Nov 2020, 08:17 (Ref:4016458)   #2942
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

L-G Sjöberg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-G Sjöberg View Post
There is room in my garage for your car as soon as I take my camper van out for the next season.
And I have got a nice summer house by a lake where Ms Delta can spend the weekends while we are away racing.
Old 15 Nov 2020, 17:17 (Ref:4017001)   #2943
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
This all sounds perfect Lars.
Old 15 Nov 2020, 21:07 (Ref:4017092)   #2944
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not to mention a side visit to Mount Panorama Bathurst...and its nice little museum Enjoy!

PS: PI also has a nice museum over the back of the track and a Vietnam Musee if that is of interest...Arthurs Seat old Hillclimb and Charlies 50s themed cafe and Musee near Rosebud on the Mornington Peninsular (Vineyards etc) would also be another thing to do...

Last edited by 275 GTB-4; 15 Nov 2020 at 21:09. Reason: geography
Old 15 Nov 2020, 23:44 (Ref:4017139)   #2945
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hopefully delta I will have a busy racing season in the UK and Europe next year from late March, depending on your COVID situation. Mrs drbob may not let me go if it is still rampant over there.
Back here the PI Classic, although not confirmed yet, will be 12-14 March , given it is always a week before the AGP. So if you are not in an open wheeler for PI maybe you can use my Bathurst 1000 Group C Torana A9X
There is talk of a V8 Supercar round at Bathurst at the end of February 2021. It’s possible Group C/A TC’s might be invited. Usually we get an invite to race as a support category at the Bathurst 6 hour race which will be 2-4 April 2021, but hopefully I will be over with you guys then.

Don’t forget at the moment , with no indication of when it will change, you will have to quarantine on arrival in Australia for 2 weeks.
Old 16 Nov 2020, 11:25 (Ref:4017220)   #2946
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'd worry about getting it past Mrs Arden first then worry about Mrs D. Daughter's getting married and the way it's going it looks like we won't be allowed in NZ any time soon so we may miss it.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 06:40 (Ref:4017378)   #2947
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
delta the Phillip Island Classic dates will be released in a couple of days and they are apparently Friday 5 March private practice, Saturday 6 March
I qually session and 1 race, Sunday 7 March 2 races.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 13:05 (Ref:4017448)   #2948
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
COVID-19 BREAKING NEWS.
Men who race motorsport are now thought most likely to carry the Corona virus without showing any signs or symptoms.
The best course of action is to avoid women and children to prevent the spread of the virus.
Workshops sheds and Garages have been recognised as the safest self isolation areas by the World Health Organisation and you must now self isolate for 14 days.
Ensure you have with you, your laptop, PayPal details and plenty of tea bags and milk. In the event you cannot finish that random project you’re working on, take the opportunity to tidy the garage in peace, reorganise tools, or simply plan out the next bonkers idea or plan.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Nov 2020, 13:19 (Ref:4017449)   #2949
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
COVID-19 BREAKING NEWS.
Men who race motorsport are now thought most likely to carry the Corona virus without showing any signs or symptoms.
The best course of action is to avoid women and children to prevent the spread of the virus.
Workshops sheds and Garages have been recognised as the safest self isolation areas by the World Health Organisation and you must now self isolate for 14 days.
Ensure you have with you, your laptop, PayPal details and plenty of tea bags and milk. In the event you cannot finish that random project you’re working on, take the opportunity to tidy the garage in peace, reorganise tools, or simply plan out the next bonkers idea or plan.
Star Post Gordon. Brilliant. My excuse for going out in the garage is that i will Not that blooming crap on ITV at 9 pm.Happy days all the way to Christmas. While I am having a rant some daft twit up my road has put up his Christmas lights.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 13:28 (Ref:4017451)   #2950
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Star Post Gordon. Brilliant. My excuse for going out in the garage is that i will Not that blooming crap on ITV at 9 pm.Happy days all the way to Christmas. While I am having a rant some daft twit up my road has put up his Christmas lights.
In my case it's a series of early nights right up to Christmas.
Closed Thread