Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Dec 2018, 05:03 (Ref:3867981)   #726
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
in addition to approval from the circus, will this name change also require the formation of a new holding company, a sale of assets, and/or another transfer of shares?
In short - No.
Old 5 Dec 2018, 15:46 (Ref:3868071)   #727
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a friend who works for Racing Point (Force India) and when speaking to him last week, I asked him what the new management is like. He has had nothing but praise for them.

*He said for the first time in two years he’s been paid on time.
*The Strolls promised that they would get their bonuses as if there was no split in the name and they went back to zero points (so FI and RP points combined to their final standing bonus scheme)
*Instead of having to repair failing machines in their departments they have just gone out and bought new, instead of repairing.
*They have acquired the grounds next door to their current factory and will begin building a new factory next to it.
*He also said that they have spoken about building their own wind tunnel in the new premises so people don’t have to fly to Cologne every week.

So far he is extremely happy and Apprently the whole team Morale has sky rocketed
Old 5 Dec 2018, 15:49 (Ref:3868072)   #728
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Let’s hope they follow up with what they are doing, because it sounds great how the team is operating
Old 5 Dec 2018, 17:06 (Ref:3868086)   #729
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by karting View Post
I have a friend who works for Racing Point (Force India) and when speaking to him last week, I asked him what the new management is like. He has had nothing but praise for them.

*He said for the first time in two years he’s been paid on time.
*The Strolls promised that they would get their bonuses as if there was no split in the name and they went back to zero points (so FI and RP points combined to their final standing bonus scheme)
*Instead of having to repair failing machines in their departments they have just gone out and bought new, instead of repairing.
*They have acquired the grounds next door to their current factory and will begin building a new factory next to it.
*He also said that they have spoken about building their own wind tunnel in the new premises so people don’t have to fly to Cologne every week.

So far he is extremely happy and Apprently the whole team Morale has sky rocketed
As much as I have poked fun at the Stroll family in posts above... Kudos to them for having a vision forward vs. just trying to squeeze a few drops out of a worn lemon.

On a related, note, based upon the quote above, it seems life has been rough inside FI. I continue to be amazed that they are able to do as well as they do given the management drama and personal hardship outlined above. I would speculate that part of this is that the team likely feels much like a family so they pull together. But that can only be sustained for so long.

I also wonder what the secret sauce is at FI that has allowed them be as successful as they have been and at the same time not have significant issues with key people being poached by other teams (who would be able to pay them on time, etc.)

Richard
Old 5 Dec 2018, 18:52 (Ref:3868107)   #730
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I also wonder what the secret sauce is at FI that has allowed them be as successful as they have been and at the same time not have significant issues with key people being poached by other teams (who would be able to pay them on time, etc.)

Richard
as you mentioned a sense of family for sure but also, imo, ingenuity borne out necessity and a lack of resources compared to the rest.

it's certainly a model which i would to see applied to the whole field.
Old 6 Dec 2018, 00:08 (Ref:3868170)   #731
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
as you mentioned a sense of family for sure but also, imo, ingenuity borne out necessity and a lack of resources compared to the rest.
Yeah, I guess it is the total focus of the whole organization on racing, there are not any resources to spare with distractions like human resources , empowerment, equal opportunity, decorating the staff canteen, culturally sensitive menus etc. Just a focus on what you do and what and who you need, and personal responsibility for the results or lack of them.
Old 6 Dec 2018, 14:11 (Ref:3868269)   #732
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
late salaries are a staple part of working in motorsport so kudos to the strolls and clan for removing the "but you don't do it for the money, you do it for the passion don't you?" excuse.

Quote:
As much as I have poked fun at the Stroll family in posts above... Kudos to them for having a vision forward vs. just trying to squeeze a few drops out of a worn lemon.
all i'll say about that kind of thing is that it happens a decent amount in single seaters. new owner turns up, buys team, invests in team, spends huge amount of money modernising and kitting up team and invests in a purpose built workshop that makes life much much easier for everyone.

investor moves on or withdraws regular payments because son has moved on, team left with huge overheads for new building and overstaffing making it very hard month-to-month as well as invest in development.

new machines are great, but hopefully they've not tried to part the standard resident old school machinist from his 50 year old lathe and that kind of thing

i've just had a thought. i wonder if force india will become prema, are the strolls still involved with them?
Old 6 Dec 2018, 18:34 (Ref:3868347)   #733
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
...investor moves on or withdraws regular payments because son has moved on...
more of a random thought here, but as a function of sensible tax/estate/succession planning i wonder if the son is also a shareholder in the holding company?

Stroll could very well be the first 'owner' in a long time to drive for a team he has (some) ownership in!

would be kind of cool if true.
Old 6 Dec 2018, 20:42 (Ref:3868376)   #734
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Makes you wonder how many times the Team allow Perez to bang wheels with Stroll during races. He really needs to force and drive his way into No1 status in 2019..If he doesn't..watch him lose his temper on track.
I can really see Stroll fired up in 2019.
Old 6 Dec 2018, 21:17 (Ref:3868380)   #735
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I hope Stroll is able to express himself more in 2019
Old 6 Dec 2018, 21:43 (Ref:3868386)   #736
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Makes you wonder how many times the Team allow Perez to bang wheels with Stroll during races. He really needs to force and drive his way into No1 status in 2019..If he doesn't..watch him lose his temper on track.
I can really see Stroll fired up in 2019.
I confess, I'm not a fan per se, but if he can make a good fist of this then fair play to him.
Old 7 Dec 2018, 03:22 (Ref:3868440)   #737
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I confess, I'm not a fan per se, but if he can make a good fist of this then fair play to him.
That is exactly where I sit on this as well. Not a fan of Stroll particularly, but not a hater... I do have a fondness to Force India or whatever name they use, so if Stroll can match Perez then I might have to change my opinion. I just hope it does not become a team focused on one driver.
Old 7 Dec 2018, 08:31 (Ref:3868475)   #738
S griffin
Veteran

He's bound to be in a car must better than last season's Williams, so I'm sure he'll be alright
Old 10 Dec 2018, 14:07 (Ref:3869170)   #739
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks like the court has ruled in favour of extraditing Mallya. Still has to go to the Home Secretary though. His extradition now would no longer risk skilled British jobs.
Old 10 Dec 2018, 20:57 (Ref:3869272)   #740
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Katz View Post
It looks like the court has ruled in favour of extraditing Mallya. Still has to go to the Home Secretary though. His extradition now would no longer risk skilled British jobs.
Gratitude, shortest lived of all human emotions?
Old 10 Dec 2018, 23:14 (Ref:3869312)   #741
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Gratitude, shortest lived of all human emotions?

One also has to take into account that it is alleged that he (and possibly Roy) used monies from the sale of Kingfisher Beer (the company) to prop up Force India, when in fact that money should have been paid to his (their) creditors in India. That is the crime that the Indian authorities have cited as the reason for the extradition.

If the above is true, then it is highly likely that Force India would have folded or been sold off a while ago if the Indian creditors had been paid the monies owed to them.
Old 16 Dec 2018, 16:02 (Ref:3870683)   #742
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not that it concerns what was Force India any more, or hopefully it shouldn't, Mallya's bank creditors commenced court proceedings on Friday to bankrupt him in an attempt to seize his worldwide assets.

In a separate move, creditors have moved against his son who has defaulted on a multi-million loan taken out by Mallya using his yacht, Force India, as security. Title to the yacht was transferred to his son.
Old 5 Feb 2019, 06:36 (Ref:3882001)   #743
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Katz View Post
Reported this morning- he’s off...... (unless appeal upheld of course)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47121447
Old 5 Feb 2019, 13:55 (Ref:3882082)   #744
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Reported this morning- he’s off...... (unless appeal upheld of course)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47121447
Whatever happens, in the end he won't finish up living in a caravan
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Feb 2019, 14:38 (Ref:3882096)   #745
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
No I am sure he has a few diamonds hidden in a filing cabinet somewhere.
Old 8 Feb 2019, 17:56 (Ref:3882669)   #746
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Reading up on this Gordon, it may be a jail cell with his mate Roy.!!

I think now his money/credit line must be running a bit low. his mates are looking the other way...
Old 11 Feb 2019, 11:54 (Ref:3883204)   #747
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Historically the motor racing scene seems to attract some really big rogues, one of the biggest names in sportscar racing stateside that everyone's probably forgotten about: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_...(racing_driver)
Old 11 Feb 2019, 13:08 (Ref:3883230)   #748
S griffin
Veteran

Indeed and there were a few team bosses in the late 80s and early 90s that found themselves in the nick
Old 11 Feb 2019, 14:38 (Ref:3883256)   #749
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Historically the motor racing scene seems to attract some really big rogues, one of the biggest names in sportscar racing stateside that everyone's probably forgotten about: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_...(racing_driver)
US sportcar/prototype racing has a history of questionable characters funding their racing habit in questionable ways.

Richard
Old 11 Feb 2019, 15:04 (Ref:3883263)   #750
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
US sportcar/prototype racing has a history of questionable characters funding their racing habit in questionable ways.

Richard
John Field in ALMS springs to mind.

Tags
diageo, force india, formula 1