Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Track Day Forum

Old 11 Jan 2005, 22:15 (Ref:1198527)   #1
Jim Lamb
Racer

England
Sutton Coldfield
Jim Lamb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Richard Petty Experience, USA

Has anyone tried the Richard petty Experience Days at either Daytona or Walt Disney. Got the ooportunity to go later this year and wondered if it was worth spending the money on the 8 or 16 lap events?

Any views, thanks?
R's Jim
Old 12 Jan 2005, 00:44 (Ref:1198626)   #2
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lamb
Has anyone tried the Richard petty Experience Days at either Daytona or Walt Disney. Got the ooportunity to go later this year and wondered if it was worth spending the money on the 8 or 16 lap events?
Any views, thanks? R's Jim
There are more than 8 or 16 lap events. You can be driven around as well as drive youself depending upon the depth of your pocket and the length of your time The `drive around' speed at Disney is ~115mph, Daytona ~150mph I have not `sampled' them but one of the motorsports editors for the Orlando (FL) Sentinel was favorable to the WD ride he experienced.
Old 14 Jan 2005, 20:21 (Ref:1201154)   #3
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
I did the Disney Richard Petty Experience year before last. I had the $300 half day package as a birthday present and I had great fun. If you are a racing driver, then you have to be a bit patient as there's a lot of tuition before you get to drive the cars. If you aren't then put on some steel undies because there aren't any two seat cars...

LMK if you want more details.
Old 1 Feb 2005, 15:10 (Ref:1214679)   #4
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did the Walt Disney drive a few years ago - expensive, a little nanny-ing (like most "drive our cars" experiences) and not enough laps, but a great experience - how could 500bhp not be? I never appreciated NASCAR before this and have been a fan since. The trick is too back off on your last lap, to make some distance to the pace car, then floor it - I got 125mph on the data logging!

Also did a ride-along at Daytona, which to be honest was a bit dull - I timed the lap at 1 minute exactly, so it was 150mph average (and they lift off quite a bit for the corners). Driving it could be a different matter.