Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Notices

Old 13 Jan 2021, 16:47 (Ref:4028763)   #211
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
And lets also add big personalities used to winning and getting their own way.
For sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
of couse we are all just speculating but from what has been 'reported' is LH asking for anything outside the norm for a multiple and reigning champ?

Might even be lower then what we have seen in the past?
The two rumors that jumped out at me as being new (and maybe they are not) is

(1) Asking for a percentage (or significant percentage) of the teams cash winnings. But then maybe that is not unusual. Such as bonuses for winning championships. Maybe it's the size of the slice of the pie that is the problem?

(2) Asking for future involvement in the team in a unique way. How do you define that? And if you are running a business. If you "hire" someone and they ask for that type of freedom. That is a serious topic. Especially if maybe you don't want to say "yes". What if Lewis is contractually given some type of platform inside the team (or Mercedes) and in the end they don't like where he goes with it? No doubt whoever is handling the negotiation on Lewis' side should include clauses such as... If you push me out early, I get X compensation. Basically it is putting a dollar value on a non-monetary item that Lewis is asking for. And to do that correctly, you need that value to be large enough that it is painful to break that agreement. Otherwise, they could promise you the world but then just say no once the contract is signed and pay you to go a way.

This is fun to speculate. Maybe Lewis should sign a contract so we can have something else to discuss.

Richard
Old 13 Jan 2021, 17:34 (Ref:4028770)   #212
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Haha...it is the off season.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 00:01 (Ref:4028846)   #213
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
This is fun to speculate. Maybe Lewis should sign a contract so we can have something else to discuss.
They should wait until the last minute to wind everyone up.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 00:26 (Ref:4028850)   #214
Skam85
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Skam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSkam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSkam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
They should wait until the last minute to wind everyone up.
Yes but then it's just awkward when Giedo van der Garde rocks up in Bahrain insisting he has a Mercedes contract too.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 00:27 (Ref:4028851)   #215
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
I canít help, but think back to Senna in 93, when it was uncertain if he was going to race for McLaren and ended up on a race by race deal. Circumstances are different with Hamilton of course, but this situation does remind me of Senna in 93
Old 14 Jan 2021, 00:29 (Ref:4028852)   #216
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think George Russellís performance in the Merc has meant Lewis has lost that bargaining chip he had with Merc. Why pay him that much when theyíve got someone who can do just as good a job on less money?
Your are joking.....seriously? You truly believe that one drive has changed the whole value perspective of the world on the Hamilton/Mercedes/F1 brand. That sounds like when Kubica was looking to come back and everyone reckoned he was going to be a dominant force again. The Russell/Hamilton thing has exactly the same taste, people going nuts for a lot of stuff with absolutely no basis at all.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 00:40 (Ref:4028854)   #217
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is entirely possible that Hamilton/Toto/Mercedes/INEOS put the contract to one side to be dealt with after INEOS was part of the team ownership structure and they are now dealing with it. In fact I would be surprised if they wanted to be dealing with both issues at once. I am amazed at some of the stuff written here and also other places but I guess that is obvious.

And it is the off season.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 00:59 (Ref:4028857)   #218
Skam85
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Skam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSkam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSkam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Your are joking.....seriously? You truly believe that one drive has changed the whole value perspective of the world on the Hamilton/Mercedes/F1 brand. That sounds like when Kubica was looking to come back and everyone reckoned he was going to be a dominant force again. The Russell/Hamilton thing has exactly the same taste, people going nuts for a lot of stuff with absolutely no basis at all.
I agree with the majority of the post, but I'm not sure anyone had really high hopes for an essentially one-armed Kubica in a Williams.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 02:46 (Ref:4028872)   #219
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
It is entirely possible that Hamilton/Toto/Mercedes/INEOS put the contract to one side to be dealt with after INEOS was part of the team ownership structure and they are now dealing with it. In fact I would be surprised if they wanted to be dealing with both issues at once. I am amazed at some of the stuff written here and also other places but I guess that is obvious.

And it is the off season.
I do think you are right in that Lewis (or all involved) may have wanted to wait until the ownership restructuring was complete first (or not). But I also think that is generally old news. And I am amazed at the amount of hoops people will jump through to insist that his current lack of a contract is not odd.

Richard
Old 14 Jan 2021, 08:16 (Ref:4028896)   #220
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I do think you are right in that Lewis (or all involved) may have wanted to wait until the ownership restructuring was complete first (or not). But I also think that is generally old news. And I am amazed at the amount of hoops people will jump through to insist that his current lack of a contract is not odd.

Richard
It is only odd to those who want it to appear so and invent every story under the sun to justify some sort of conspiracy against the fans of F1. People used to question Webber's insistance of one year contracts and him not using an agent because it "was odd". In the circumstances I don't think it is anything out of the ordinary but I understand that is not a view that those who like speculation, myth and stories would subscribe to. It also does not make good reading in fora.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 08:24 (Ref:4028900)   #221
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Keeps F1 on front pageís and that could be the game. Big Jim has stated the bloke is worth the dosh and itís nothing compared with his costs with Ainsley America Cup job.
Now that needs a major push as not going to well but has the greatest race sailor . Definitely GOAT!
Old 14 Jan 2021, 09:05 (Ref:4028910)   #222
Moneyseeker
Subscriber
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
I wonder how long the term will be that LH signs up for, do we think he will make it 8 WDC's (presuming he wins 2021 title) and then call it a day - regs changes coming up in 2022 often throw a curved ball?

On paper both Ferrari and RBR will now have two quick cars consistently in the mix this year, which might upset the Mercedes applecart on how they manage the races. I think Bottas may spend as much time looking over his shoulder as looking forward, with the likely threat of GR should LH sign a long term deal.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 09:18 (Ref:4028918)   #223
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!
I can't help but feel we are repeating ourselves over and over about Hamilton 'will he, won't he' stuff?

There are other aspects to discuss too guys! 👍🏻
Old 14 Jan 2021, 09:27 (Ref:4028922)   #224
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Vilnius
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brazil has a new Covid strain. Canít help thinking that 2021 will end up Europe based with Donít care Russia and Money talks Middle East supporting again ...
Old 14 Jan 2021, 16:01 (Ref:4029031)   #225
steve_r
Veteran

England
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r has a real shot at the podium!steve_r has a real shot at the podium!steve_r has a real shot at the podium!steve_r has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah, I reckon things will change. I also reckon that the teams need to get their act together properly re their 3rd / reserve drivers. Both Norris and LeClerc have come down with Covid in the last few days. Perhaps the vaccinations will be in place by the time the season starts though.