Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Notices

Old 14 Jan 2021, 09:01 (Ref:4028906)   #1846
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
“My dad’s never taken a penny out of the team over the years. I wanted to ensure he had something to show for his legacy.” [/I]
Lol, of course he hasn’t.

And let’s not forget when BCE gave the team owners £10m. The owners, not the team.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 13:35 (Ref:4028974)   #1847
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Vilnius
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Interesting piece on Claire Williams and the sale of Williams.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/claire...ancial-stress/

Williams said two elements were behind the decision. “The first was saving the team,” she said. “When I say saving the team, I mean ensuring people had the security of their job, that the team existed or survived for their benefit.”

The second reason was personal. “I wanted to make sure my dad came out of it with money to show for his work – not that he would have cared,” she said.

“My dad’s never taken a penny out of the team over the years. I wanted to ensure he had something to show for his legacy.
What? How is this possible? How has he lived?!! Also I bet La Clare cannot say the same......
Old 14 Jan 2021, 15:04 (Ref:4028999)   #1848
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Obviously money to live.

Whatever, I believe the sentiment that Frank’s priority was more for the team than his personal bank account is correct.

Claire’s priority seems to be more to look after her family. Fair enough too.

And we get to judge this and pick at what they say on the internet. We’re all maximizing our priorities. Everyone wins.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 15:29 (Ref:4029012)   #1849
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don’t object to someone taking money out a business they founded and ran. Obviously they need funds to pay for their life.

But to deny it seems a bit silly and childish.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 15:47 (Ref:4029021)   #1850
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
for me as an outsider watching the sport for decades, i havent seen anything to suggest that SFW took more from F1 then he contributed to it.

personally i wish there were more SFW's in the sport.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 16:21 (Ref:4029036)   #1851
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
I don’t object to someone taking money out a business they founded and ran. Obviously they need funds to pay for their life.

Thing is, yes technically you can read that from the quote, but to do so misses the point. We all know what it meant and they aren’t denying anything really.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 16:50 (Ref:4029050)   #1852
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
for me as an outsider watching the sport for decades, i havent seen anything to suggest that SFW took more from F1 then he contributed to it.

personally i wish there were more SFW's in the sport.

So do I. A real racer to the end, who cared more about success than money
Old 14 Jan 2021, 17:08 (Ref:4029056)   #1853
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Vilnius
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
So do I. A real racer to the end, who cared more about success than money
Indeed entirely proper and was a team to be reckoned with when Sir Frank and Patrick were in charge
Old 14 Jan 2021, 18:43 (Ref:4029082)   #1854
Moneyseeker
Subscriber
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post

I think we need to put this into the circles that team owners live and mix in. CW is not meaning that SFW didn't 'earn' any money out of Williams IMO, I think she means that Williams didn't live the multi millionaire lifestyle with superyachts and Ferraris - SFW did have a private jet at one time and sold it to invest more in the team. In effect for the Williams family, the 'pot' was the team and it would have run dry without investors or buyers.

Sure, they will all have nice houses and trappings over and above us ordinary mortals, but I doubt any of them have lived extravagantly.

I think that is was Claire means by those comments.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 18:46 (Ref:4029084)   #1855
Moneyseeker
Subscriber
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Obviously money to live.

Whatever, I believe the sentiment that Frank’s priority was more for the team than his personal bank account is correct.

Claire’s priority seems to be more to look after her family. Fair enough too.

And we get to judge this and pick at what they say on the internet. We’re all maximizing our priorities. Everyone wins.
I believe part of the reason for the floatation was that PH could retire and exit with his funds and it also released funds for SFW's long term care as required.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 18:48 (Ref:4029085)   #1856
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I think we need to put this into the circles that team owners live and mix in. CW is not meaning that SFW didn't 'earn' any money out of Williams IMO, I think she means that Williams didn't live the multi millionaire lifestyle with superyachts and Ferraris - SFW did have a private jet at one time and sold it to invest more in the team. In effect for the Williams family, the 'pot' was the team and it would have run dry without investors or buyers.

Sure, they will all have nice houses and trappings over and above us ordinary mortals, but I doubt any of them have lived extravagantly.

Even with new sponsors coming and going it did run dry.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 18:57 (Ref:4029090)   #1857
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

exactly.

Mallya would be an example of the other way to approach it...squandered a family fortune on himself and those ridiculously stupid haircuts of his!
Old 14 Jan 2021, 19:21 (Ref:4029097)   #1858
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
I believe part of the reason for the floatation was that PH could retire and exit with his funds and it also released funds for SFW's long term care as required.
Exactly.

They floated off part of the company on the Borse specifically to take millions out of the value of the business!