Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Notices

Old 25 Dec 2020, 01:44 (Ref:4025148)   #1006
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
When it comes to advice on medical matters, I'll go with the (medical) doctors - not politicians, present or has-been!

Merry Xmas
Old 25 Dec 2020, 09:28 (Ref:4025169)   #1007
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, you can’t argue with the medical experts, despite what some might think.
Old 25 Dec 2020, 10:09 (Ref:4025177)   #1008
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Yes, you can’t argue with the medical experts, despite what some might think.

That, I'm afraid, is not true!

Immediately prior to my operation, the anaesthetist insisted that I took some medication that I had stopped taking some weeks previously. I objected, but allowed her to overrule me.

Result was that the medication slowed my heart rate down so much that, firstly, they were unable to prep me for the operation, and then they had to stabilise me during the operation. At that point, the surgeon decided that it would not be a wise move to complete the operation, and as consequence, I will require further surgery next year to finish off a task that could have have been done back in August.

The anaesthetist acknowledged after the operation that she had been wrong.
Old 25 Dec 2020, 10:38 (Ref:4025180)   #1009
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
That, I'm afraid, is not true!

Immediately prior to my operation, the anaesthetist insisted that I took some medication that I had stopped taking some weeks previously. I objected, but allowed her to overrule me.

Result was that the medication slowed my heart rate down so much that, firstly, they were unable to prep me for the operation, and then they had to stabilise me during the operation. At that point, the surgeon decided that it would not be a wise move to complete the operation, and as consequence, I will require further surgery next year to finish off a task that could have have been done back in August.

The anaesthetist acknowledged after the operation that she had been wrong.
It's always the anaesthetist - beware of them! My late wife twice had problems caused by them! The second time, the needle had been wrongly placed in her spine; she sat up when she came round & promptly went blind. The anaesthetist was immediately summonsed but it was Friday afternoon & he was about to go home, said he'd deal with it on Monday!!¬

"Oh no won't" said a very stern ward sister & she made him deal with it then & there.
Old 25 Dec 2020, 15:27 (Ref:4025205)   #1010
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
It's always the anaesthetist - beware of them!
Sure you're right! Last summer, for my birthday, I had to use one. When he told me prior to the injection "think about something nice" I told him laughing "Oh yes, are you aware that the surgeon has sex with your wife?" In good French, vous êtes cocu!
Quand on va mettre les imbéciles en orbite, ça va parler français dans l'espace! Macron voulut être roi, il a l'air fin maintenant! Je ne cherche pas à être populaire. Vouloir être populaire c'est faire voeu de médiocrité. Now, lets go racing!
Old 11 Jan 2021, 22:49 (Ref:4028253)   #1011
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Unsurprisingly, CSCC's planned pre-season trackday at Donington on February 16th has been cancelled.......given that the current "stay at home" lockdown is only due to be reviewed the day before, the likellihood and indeed wisdom of people converging from all over the country has been looking unlikely for a while.....

I'm a bit sceptical about whether the season opener at end of March will happen, either.....but I haven't cancelled my Premier Inn booking for the Oulton round on April 10th, yet
Old 20 Jan 2021, 21:50 (Ref:4030344)   #1012
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Clearly feeling optimistic today and entered the Spa 3 hours in June
Fingers firmly crossed
Old Yesterday, 08:48 (Ref:4030392)   #1013
zefarelly
Veteran

England
zefarelly should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've not bothered renewing my license or booking a medical yet, far too many uncontrollable factors in the way. I can't see anyone going to Europe to Race at least until we're vaccinated. That won't happen for many of us until high summer at the earliest. We're holding back on booking ferries in June just to go on a scooter rally in Brittany at the moment . .
Old Yesterday, 08:59 (Ref:4030394)   #1014
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Et d'abord par chez nous, on dit "Bretagne", Monsieur Joe! Will you play guitar too? In French, "jouer de la gratte"?
Quand on va mettre les imbéciles en orbite, ça va parler français dans l'espace! Macron voulut être roi, il a l'air fin maintenant! Je ne cherche pas à être populaire. Vouloir être populaire c'est faire voeu de médiocrité. Now, lets go racing!
Old Yesterday, 09:45 (Ref:4030409)   #1015
zefarelly
Veteran

England
zefarelly should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ne joue pas de basse, just good music, friends, food and drink and travel by Lambretta

The 'mess my mind' festival will happen again, but I don't know when, maybe 2022 ?
Old Yesterday, 09:48 (Ref:4030411)   #1016
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I still have a Chunnel ticket for car and trailer which is currently dated for the same weekend as the MM at Goodwood. I may change that to later in the year. I've also got my reservation for Le Mans in June which was held over from last year.
In the current circumstances, we need to do all we can to help local businesses. With this in mind I suggest we all schedule our visits to the pub so we can keep the 2m social distancing and whilst there get completely slamied for two hours before handing over to the next shift.

It probably won't stop the virus but nobody would care.
Old Yesterday, 12:27 (Ref:4030431)   #1017
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
The Times today is warning that any travel into the EU is likely to be virtually banned until infection rates in UK (especially that called the British strain - so named because our genomics testing is the one that was early to identify it ) are markedly lower.........

The trip to join my Dutch Imp enthusiast friends in May, deferred from last year, has already been cancelled, so I now have to see if I can rebook my Stena tickets again, although if we are banned from travelling I guess they'll have to allow it Maybe the Alfa club (SCARB) will be able to run Spettacolo Sportivo at Zandvoort in September, again - I'd be up for revisiting that
Old Yesterday, 18:06 (Ref:4030490)   #1018
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Normally about now I'd be planning my marshalling season. Even before I start looking at it some meetings have changed or been cancelled, so I can't see the point. Add to that uncertainty as to whether I can take a caravan meaning two day meetings at many venues are possibly unrealistic, I shall wait until:

a) I think I'm prepared to go to a meeting anywhere and
b) I'm reasonably sure what meetings will go on.
Old Yesterday, 18:18 (Ref:4030495)   #1019
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
There are all sorts of rumours flying about concerning the major races.
If these are put back to third quarter it’s pretty certain the large historics will go back or not happen
Pragmatic view
Old Yesterday, 18:41 (Ref:4030505)   #1020
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!
With Glastonbury cancelled already, it's hard to see how any of our mass racing events can plan with any certainty.

Last year nothing re-started until the end of May, why should 2021 be any different?

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk