Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Notices

Old 28 Dec 2020, 04:28 (Ref:4025478)   #346
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B is going for a new lap record!E.B is going for a new lap record!E.B is going for a new lap record!E.B is going for a new lap record!E.B is going for a new lap record!E.B is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post

I have seen nobody else report that Vettel was offered a contract (or given a proposal) but turned it down, so ...
This. I must confess the source had me wondering the validity if any of the article.
Old 28 Dec 2020, 10:23 (Ref:4025493)   #347
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
Last thing I read was Marko said Vettel was never an option, because Vettel had already signed at Aston Martin when they decided to replace Albon.

Considering RBR said there was little to no chance of Vettel coming back there prior to him signing for Aston, I see why that story from that website has a lot of doubt about it.
Old 28 Dec 2020, 14:22 (Ref:4025502)   #348
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
If you look around a bit, you'll notice that maximumf1.com is a Dutch site, and is mainly focussed on Red Bull and - even more - Max Verstappen.
Well, when your site is named MAXimumf1.com of course it is about Max!

Seriously, I do wonder if that site existed prior to Max joining F1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Marko apparently tried to sign Vettel, sabatical for 2021 and full time for 2022, but Vettel wanted to drive and signed for Aston Martin.

https://www.maximumf1.com/formula-1/...o-aston-martin
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
Last thing I read was Marko said Vettel was never an option, because Vettel had already signed at Aston Martin when they decided to replace Albon.
So I looked at the maximumf1.com article. It is attributed to be based upon content from sport1.de. So I look there. I can't find any article that gives the quotes from the maximumf1.com site, but I don't really doubt it exists. I just don't think I found it. I did find an article that does talk about Marko and why he didn't sign Vettel. And that article seems to be be attributed to be based upon content from motorsport-total.com. We are now two or three layers deep in what seems to be the "telephone game" method of writing F1 articles. In that someone creates an initial source and then subsequently (and usually more and more minor) F1 sites re-write the article using their own particular slant.

https://www.motorsport-total.com/for...egbar-20122401

In the linked article above. Mark says as much as steve nielsen says above. Which is that RBR didn't sign Vettel because he was already signed. Also note some of the last comments in the article (Google translation from German to English)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut Marko (in link above)
It is clear, however, that Vettel "made far too many mistakes of his own" out of uncertainty, "and the driving skills were very often not Vettel-level".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut Marko (in link above)
When asked whether he trusts Vettel to become the old man again, he replies: "I hope so for him."
Given that Marko said the above, does that sound like someone who really wanted Vettel at RBR or is he just trying to be nice and polite by not speaking ill of a former driver who brought championships to his team? I think that is Marko being as polite and as nice as he is able to be and RBR had zero intention of bringing Vettel back.

Richard
Old 28 Dec 2020, 14:36 (Ref:4025506)   #349
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Marko being nice about an ex driver? Thatíll be a nice change! Then again it is the driver who gave them 4 titles
Old 28 Dec 2020, 14:48 (Ref:4025508)   #350
Greem
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Well, when your site is named MAXimumf1.com of course it is about Max!

Seriously, I do wonder if that site existed prior to Max joining F1?
Nope!

Domain was registered Nov 2017, first articles appeared Jan 2018.
Old 28 Dec 2020, 15:26 (Ref:4025512)   #351
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Marko being nice about an ex driver? Thatíll be a nice change! Then again it is the driver who gave them 4 titles
Well, I did say "nice as he can be". I think he probably was trying really hard.

Richard