Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Dec 2020, 17:02 (Ref:4025662)   #31
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
some sort of combination of what impressed me the most, who i thought was the best in the machinery they had, who actually did the best etc etc...all very subjective.

plus i thought everyone who participated in this season was an absolute warrior with an absolute minimum of complaining.

1. Ham - his win at Silverstone and that last lap with 1 tire deflated was imo the stuff that turns into legend.
2. Gasly - his win and podium contemplation will remain the iconic image i carry for the 2020 season.
3. Max - fought always. his consistent effort is what sports is all about to me. warriors come out to play!
4. Ric - almost a shame he is leaving Renault because i really want to see him keep pushing this dog of a team/car forward. he's too good for them.
5/6 - Sainz and Norris - for me it is too hard to put one ahead of the other because they are brothers!!!
7. Leclerc - some silly errors but his quality comes through...if not his consistency yet.
8. Perez - maybe could have gone higher because of the win but also feel like him and his team left a lot on the table given the car they had.
9. Russell - a season of effort best exemplified by his never say never attitude when he got called up to the A team. remarkable young man.
10. Ocon - i think he did rather well and was much closer to his much more regarded team mate.
11. Stroll - the kid has his moments.
12. Vettee - what can i say i like him and he, despite a decline in form, handles it all in such a professional way. in the Ferrari fishbowl he could have easily thrown a tantrum but he didnt. i respect that.
13. Kvyat - he was scrappy at more than a few races this year.
14. Hulk - always ready to go. wish he could have shown more.
15. Grosjean - sentiment and so very glad he survived.
16. Giovinazzi - quiet and not terrible?
17. Magnussen -life is hard at the back. didnt like his driving but i do respect his attitude.
18. Latiffi - the real bottom of my list...those i have ranked below him are there for purley personal reasons.
19/20. Bottas and Albon - both have such good cars and are way too far behind their team mates.
21/22. Aitken/Fittipaldi - i didnt see enough and honestly i wasnt paying attention to them.
23. Kimi - so sad for me as i used to love this guy and his taciturn nature and he did put in some good drives this year...but its 2020 and if you cant stand up and explain why you have an iron cross on your mask then i am going to have a problem with you. be a man and say what you believe.
Old 29 Dec 2020, 21:22 (Ref:4025716)   #32
Skam85
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Skam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSkam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSkam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That is one of the more odd rankings both list and reasoning wise..
Old 29 Dec 2020, 21:35 (Ref:4025721)   #33
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
I stand by it.
Old 30 Dec 2020, 01:11 (Ref:4025738)   #34
Skam85
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Skam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSkam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSkam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
I stand by it.
As you should!

Isn't Kimi's thing just a cross-brand thing anyway?
Old 30 Dec 2020, 02:21 (Ref:4025742)   #35
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yes the word "consistent" is not a word usually associated with Max.

The ability to drive a perfectly good race car into a barrier is a skill few have mastered.
Old 30 Dec 2020, 02:31 (Ref:4025743)   #36
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
As you should!

Isn't Kimi's thing just a cross-brand thing anyway?
Yep and i have a problem with the brand.
Old 30 Dec 2020, 07:48 (Ref:4025770)   #37
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Here's Autosport's top 10
1) Hamilton
2) Verstappen
3) Gasly
4) Leclerc
5) Ricciardo
6) Perez
7) Bottas
8) Russell
9) Sainz
10) Norris

Can't see much wrong with that list, although I still think Gasly's season has been a little overhyped. He did a better job sure and deserved that win, even if fortune came his way, but I would still put Leclerc, Ricciardo and probably Perez ahead of him
Old 30 Dec 2020, 08:10 (Ref:4025772)   #38
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interesting to see Sainz and Norris bottom two. They both beat Leclerc and Gasly on points. Then again Albon beat them both but doesn't appear anywhere. Demonstrates the subjectivity of these things. If I applied my personal logic I'd put Norris and Sainz higher simply because they achieved 3rd in the Championship which is what the team required. Apart from Hamilton and Bottas they were the only other pair of drivers to meet their team's ambitions.
In the current circumstances, we need to do all we can to help local businesses. With this in mind I suggest we all schedule our visits to the pub so we can keep the 2m social distancing and whilst there get completely slamied for two hours before handing over to the next shift.

It probably won't stop the virus but nobody would care.
Old 30 Dec 2020, 11:27 (Ref:4025808)   #39
Aysedasi
Bubbling over...
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As lists go, it's close to mine. I'd certainly have Perez in the top 5 and Leclerc a little lower (yes he did well with a bad car but has consistency issues when racing).
Old 30 Dec 2020, 11:57 (Ref:4025813)   #40
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert has a real shot at the championship!gert has a real shot at the championship!gert has a real shot at the championship!gert has a real shot at the championship!gert has a real shot at the championship!gert has a real shot at the championship!
Autosports average driver ratings based on their points awarded after the race
https://www.autosport.com/f1/driver-ratings

1 Nico Hülkenberg
2 Lewis Hamilton
3 Max Verstappen
4 Pierre Gasly
5 Daniel Ricciardo
6 Charles Leclerc
7 Carlos Sainz
8 Lando Norris
9 Sergio Pérez
10 George Russell
11 Daniil Kvyat
12 Valtteri Bottas
13 Jack Aitken
14 Esteban Ocon
15 Kimi Räikkönen
16 Antonio Giovinazzi
17 Kevin Magnussen
18 Pietro Fittipaldi
19 Nicholas Latifi
20 Romain Grosjean
21 Lance Stroll
22 Alexander Albon
23 Sebastian Vettel

--

Reader average ratings:
1 Lewis Hamilton
2 Nico Hülkenberg
3 Max Verstappen
4 Daniel Ricciardo
5 Pierre Gasly
6 Carlos Sainz
7 Sergio Pérez
8 Lando Norris
9 Charles Leclerc
10 George Russell
11 Valtteri Bottas
12 Daniil Kvyat
13 Kimi Räikkönen
14 Jack Aitken
15 Esteban Ocon
16 Pietro Fittipaldi
17 Kevin Magnussen
18 Antonio Giovinazzi
19 Nicholas Latifi
20 Alexander Albon
21 Lance Stroll
22 Romain Grosjean
23 Sebastian Vettel
Old 30 Dec 2020, 13:59 (Ref:4025822)   #41
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Yes the word "consistent" is not a word usually associated with Max.
He was on the podium in every race he finished besides Turkey

he had 5 DNF's: 2 engine related, a tire blowout and 2 first lap crahes he fell victim to

if that's not consistent I don't know what is.

he had 5 DNF's: 2 engine related, a tire blowout and 2 first lap crahes he fell victim to

Last edited by steve nielsen; 30 Dec 2020 at 14:25.
Old 30 Dec 2020, 14:00 (Ref:4025823)   #42
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
And I was one of those readers who contributed to it, although I’m not sure how much I influenced the final result
Old 31 Dec 2020, 01:03 (Ref:4025948)   #43
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
And I was one of those readers who contributed to it, although I’m not sure how much I influenced the final result
You never know!
Old 4 Jan 2021, 10:14 (Ref:4026676)   #44
Kato
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Kato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually when you think about it with the restrictions, not being able to freely move about, new tracks, nothing then fast forward week on week racing - I think the whole grid needs a vote of thanks. Especially those who could see their futures diminishing as the second half of the year went on. Alex, Dani, Sergio (with reprieve), Kevin and Roman. Well done.