Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 18 Dec 2020, 16:25 (Ref:4023706)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bell's Banter 2021

Happy new year to all and let's hope it's better than last year.
Old 20 Dec 2020, 11:55 (Ref:4024098)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great idea and nice thought, Peter.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 31 Dec 2020, 15:24 (Ref:4026080)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Happy New Year everyone and well done to Delta for coming up with the thread title.
Old 31 Dec 2020, 23:59 (Ref:4026174)   #4
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Too late

Just tried to post this in the 2020 Tea Break - but it had closed before midnight, so here it is:

As this is about to draw to a close, I was moved to do a quick check, and in its 2018 equivalent, we had 3681 posts - so only a few more than this year, but in 2019 there were 6365.....which perhaps indicates how much things have ground to a halt this year......

Here's to a happy and healthy 2021 - where we can hopefully get back to racetracks with spectators.......and not lose any more of our sterling contributors!
Old 1 Jan 2021, 00:21 (Ref:4026176)   #5
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Happy New Year and Happy New Thread everyone.

I don't know why 2020 was so poor for posts, this is the one place that keeps me sane in these difficult times. It's just nice to know you're there. Let's hope we'll meet soon.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 1 Jan 2021, 00:27 (Ref:4026178)   #6
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Siting outside in my Garden , cup of tea and cooking marsh mellows on fire . Good to be home wit my family . Happy New Year all . Yeaaaa let’s go motor racing .
Old 1 Jan 2021, 00:48 (Ref:4026184)   #7
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Une bonne et meilleure année Ã* toutes et Ã* tous.
Yes, motor racing now!
Old 1 Jan 2021, 01:08 (Ref:4026185)   #8
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy new year to all on here. 2021 is bound to be a better year than last year ............. isn't it?
Old 1 Jan 2021, 01:55 (Ref:4026191)   #9
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy ny you all . 2021 some formula f racing ? First get my old Croft LR 109 V8 a Dutch reg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Old 1 Jan 2021, 07:00 (Ref:4026209)   #10
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great thread title and wish you all a Happy Healthy and Safe 2021.
Old 1 Jan 2021, 08:15 (Ref:4026212)   #11
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy New Year everyone - hope to see at least a few of you at race circuits in the coming year!
Old 1 Jan 2021, 09:01 (Ref:4026213)   #12
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Happy New Year to one and all from a regular reader and occasional poster
Old 1 Jan 2021, 09:26 (Ref:4026217)   #13
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A Happy New Year to everyone!
Old 1 Jan 2021, 09:28 (Ref:4026218)   #14
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Happy New Year and Happy New Thread everyone.

I don't know why 2020 was so poor for posts, this is the one place that keeps me sane in these difficult times. It's just nice to know you're there. Let's hope we'll meet soon.

It's probably an indication of just how much Mike had been contributing...
Old 1 Jan 2021, 09:30 (Ref:4026219)   #15
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Ormesby St. Margaret, Norfolk UK
Unit 2 Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy new year to every one. I hope to get to some meeting this year.
Angie and my self have been Shielding in our home since mid March after my GP told me if
I catch covid I would not survive and NHS keeped texting me to stay in doors but I can open a window, it been a long year.

There are people who drive racing cars and there are Racing Drivers. Gilles Villenuve
Old 1 Jan 2021, 09:46 (Ref:4026222)   #16
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wish you all a very; Happy, healthy, successful, and prosperous New Year, and I hope we may enjoy each others company virtually, and with luck, in actuality sometime, somewhere, somehow before too long

I look forward to a plethora of grammatical errors, spelling mistakes, and plain old Schoolboy 'howlers', on the forum as we fumble through our tiers, and tears in 2021.

The picture is to let you know who to avoid should we ever ended up in the same paddock.
Attached Thumbnails
PJO_6683 (2).JPG  
Old 1 Jan 2021, 09:55 (Ref:4026223)   #17
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit 2 Racing View Post
Happy new year to every one. I hope to get to some meeting this year.
Angie and my self have been Shielding in our home since mid March after my GP told me if
I catch covid I would not survive and NHS keeped texting me to stay in doors but I can open a window, it been a long year.
Good to hear from you John .I am missing my fruit cakes. Happy New Year to you and Angie.
Old 1 Jan 2021, 10:02 (Ref:4026224)   #18
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Happy New Year to you lot. Thanks for helping to keep me going through 2020, I'm hoping to actually meet some of you in 2021, which will be even better than the banter on here (or even talking on the telephone). I have a busy dayahead of me, cutting up wood for the fire pit as apparently some time yesterday evening I thought it would be an excellent idea for us to have a bbq for dinner this evening!
Old 1 Jan 2021, 10:05 (Ref:4026226)   #19
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Happy New Year to all. Will surely be better this year ……. eventually!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 1 Jan 2021, 10:36 (Ref:4026232)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Just tried to post this in the 2020 Tea Break - but it had closed before midnight, so here it is:

As this is about to draw to a close, I was moved to do a quick check, and in its 2018 equivalent, we had 3681 posts - so only a few more than this year, but in 2019 there were 6365.....which perhaps indicates how much things have ground to a halt this year......

Here's to a happy and healthy 2021 - where we can hopefully get back to racetracks with spectators.......and not lose any more of our sterling contributors!
Sorry I was waiting for the bells so had to close the old one a few minutes early.

Feeling somewhat hopeful about 2021 but I'm sure something will dash those feelings.
Old 1 Jan 2021, 10:59 (Ref:4026235)   #21
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Happy New Year, everyone.

After what turned out to be the crappiest year of my life, both metaphorically and literally, 2021 I am sure will be far better.

All I can wish for is that we all enjoy a healthy year ahead.
Old 1 Jan 2021, 10:59 (Ref:4026236)   #22
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As an occasional poster and serious petrolhead spectator of things with wheels and engines, I have just swapped last years calendar over and totted up the number of events that I managed to attend last year despite the restrictions, resulting in a total of 25 race days including a weekend at Cadwell for the HSCC meeting. I might add that since retiring my lists encompasses a wide variety of motorsport from VSCC driving tests at Brooklands, circuit stage rallies and many club meetings mainly at Brands/Thruxton/Lydden/Sillystone and Combe along with a few other venues.
Thanks one and all for the entertainment and occasional one to one banter and I wish everyone a happy and healthy New Year, hope to bump in to few of you in 2021 at track/circuit somewhere!
Old 1 Jan 2021, 11:12 (Ref:4026241)   #23
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Happy New Year everyone.

Hopefully after so long adjusting, like it or not, in 2020, whatever 2021 might bring will be easier to adapt to eveoun if no more welcome.

Baub, your photo, whilst possibly a welcome reference for avoidance identification for some, suggests that your thumbnail snap would, by and large, still provide adequate ID. That's not always the case IMO.

Meanwhile I am grateful to my local council which auto renewed my bus pass without any demands for new paperwork or an up to date photo.

I did wonder whether the pandemic might, in part, be supported by councils as a means of persuading people not to travel and thus not use their free pass.

From here the idea of taking a bus into one of two places has some appeal given services every 20 mins during the day and regular runs at night too. Include the saving in fuel and parking and the concept makes sense.

However, by the time any "normality" returns there may be precious little left to make it worth heading into the Cities anyway.

The convenience of the bus service for late night partying without any risk of drink driving or huge taxi fares (due to the availability of the bus service rather than the Bus Card of course) that was pointed out to me by someone several years ago no longer seems much of a benefit. In part that would be because nowhere is open and choice will likely be much reduced in the future but mainly because age makes the idea seem less and less appropriate. Also I can't think of too many pals locally who would still be up for a pub crawl. I'm not sure I would be either.
Old 1 Jan 2021, 11:17 (Ref:4026242)   #24
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2021 - so far. 11 hours in and I've not broken a single resolution. I should be going out for a celebration lunch, but of course we're in Tier 3 so the pub is shut. Nil desperandum. There's Goodwood Speedweek on the TV thanks to my new Chromecast thingy bob, a bottle of beer to welcome in another year of Maxdom, and even a sneaky bowl of crisps. Heaven!

Old 1 Jan 2021, 11:18 (Ref:4026243)   #25
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
2021 - so far. 11 hours in and I've not broken a single resolution. I should be going out for a celebration lunch, but of course we're in Tier 3 so the pub is shut. Nil desperandum. There's Goodwood Speedweek on the TV thanks to my new Chromecast thingy bob, a bottle of beer to welcome in another year of Maxdom, and even a sneaky bowl of crisps. Heaven!

Happy Birthday Max
Closed Thread