Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Notices

Old 14 Jan 2021, 07:41 (Ref:4028891)   #46
Newall Andy
Rookie

Newall Andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guy I know well took a car to Lille the other day and returned the day after... his passport was checked and stamped and that was that ! Customs didn't even ask where he was going or who's car it was. The Covid checker only just remembered to check his cert was negative !!
Im going to Hamburg tomorrow to collect a Cobra and from what i've heard it all seems very positive.... lets hope my Covid test result isn't.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 08:02 (Ref:4028893)   #47
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good luck Andy, do let us know how it goes.
In the current circumstances, we need to do all we can to help local businesses. With this in mind I suggest we all schedule our visits to the pub so we can keep the 2m social distancing and whilst there get completely slamied for two hours before handing over to the next shift.

It probably won't stop the virus but nobody would care.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 08:16 (Ref:4028895)   #48
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
I canít see you having a problem Andy!
Nice easy going bloke.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 10:33 (Ref:4028936)   #49
zefarelly
Veteran

England
zefarelly should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Answer is to race road registered vehicles!
No carnet
Reason for us playing with those Pre War things
Fortunately all my cars are road registered, MOT'd insured and taxed.

Still sounds like a massively unecessary ball ache for no good reason . . . given my general dislike of travel in this country I don't suppose I'll be racing much until things revert or sort themselves out. Euro trips were always far more appealing.

More tempted than ever to sell everything. Which is exactly what a fair few friends have already done.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 13:45 (Ref:4028976)   #50
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck Andy. This was the scene yesterday at Ashford Customs. According to the local rag, although they didn't say if this was import or export, some drivers queued for 8 hours to clear. Older truckers on here will remember "standing on the stairs" at Dover. At least there was a roof then, "standing in the rain" seems to be the modern equivalent.

The Portacabins you can see are what is being used by HMRC while they continue building the new facility, last I heard it will not be open until the end of Feb. I imagine the lousy weather we're having will push that back further. Photo from the RHA.
Attached Thumbnails
CZE3ALS7IDI7GEGKKRP7.jpg  
Old 14 Jan 2021, 14:03 (Ref:4028982)   #51
zefarelly
Veteran

England
zefarelly should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Good luck Andy. This was the scene yesterday at Ashford Customs. According to the local rag, although they didn't say if this was import or export, some drivers queued for 8 hours to clear. Older truckers on here will remember "standing on the stairs" at Dover. At least there was a roof then, "standing in the rain" seems to be the modern equivalent.

The Portacabins you can see are what is being used by HMRC while they continue building the new facility, last I heard it will not be open until the end of Feb. I imagine the lousy weather we're having will push that back further. Photo from the RHA.
If that's not 'Oven ready' I don't know what is.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 14:51 (Ref:4028994)   #52
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post

Colin do you know if that pic is at Waterbrook or Sevington?
Old 14 Jan 2021, 20:14 (Ref:4029108)   #53
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The report says Waterbrook but they seldom get anything right!
Old 15 Jan 2021, 09:14 (Ref:4029169)   #54
Newall Andy
Rookie

Ok so
On the road now.
No issue anywhere
Straight through
No checks only COVID
No one on the road in Europe
Happy days
Still... got to get home yet
Watch this space

Sorry itís brief driving one handed !
Andy
Old 15 Jan 2021, 09:18 (Ref:4029171)   #55
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newall Andy View Post
Ok so
On the road now.
No issue anywhere
Straight through
No checks only COVID
No one on the road in Europe
Happy days
Still... got to get home yet
Watch this space

Sorry itís brief driving one handed !
Andy
May the force be with you Andy. Thanks for posting.
Old 15 Jan 2021, 09:18 (Ref:4029172)   #56
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fingers crossed.
In the current circumstances, we need to do all we can to help local businesses. With this in mind I suggest we all schedule our visits to the pub so we can keep the 2m social distancing and whilst there get completely slamied for two hours before handing over to the next shift.

It probably won't stop the virus but nobody would care.
Old 15 Jan 2021, 09:27 (Ref:4029174)   #57
Newall Andy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
May the force be with you Andy. Thanks for posting.
The force is strong in this one
Old 15 Jan 2021, 12:41 (Ref:4029212)   #58
Robert Farrell
Racer

Robert Farrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andy,
Are you using a truck or a trailer? If a trailer, what are you towing it with,
van or car?
Old 15 Jan 2021, 14:16 (Ref:4029237)   #59
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!
This sounds really hopeful. Never mind the prognostications of MSUK stuck in their offices, on the ground we've been told it's not a problem. Perfect!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 15 Jan 2021, 14:21 (Ref:4029239)   #60
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
This sounds really hopeful. Never mind the prognostications of MSUK stuck in their offices, on the ground we've been told it's not a problem. Perfect!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
So far.......