Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 26 Nov 2019, 12:32 (Ref:3942931)   #1276
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Why would it mean a reduced payment? Motorbase would have lease the TBL for the full year, presumably with a penalty clause should they fail to field a car all season and TOCA revoke the TBL.
I'm not sure of the finer details, but I understand the situation as:

HMS leased their TBL to Rokit Racing (not direct to Motorbase).

Rokit Racing withdraw from the BTCC.

In the hope of retaining the TBL, HMS permit Motorbase to run Caine for the final rounds, but lose out on a portion of the Rokit fee.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 12:34 (Ref:3942933)   #1277
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopAlong View Post
Well Laser Tools Twitter/Infogramme hint seems to confirm a second car.
Announcement at 6:00 tonight.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 12:45 (Ref:3942937)   #1278
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

In the hope of retaining the TBL, HMS permit Motorbase to run Caine for the final rounds, but lose out on a portion of the Rokit fee.
not right.
motorbase leased HMS licence.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 13:18 (Ref:3942940)   #1279
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
not right.
That's the way I heard it too. Even if Rokit had leased the licence, I can't see Motorbase not having paid up any shortfall for the remaining races.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 13:22 (Ref:3942941)   #1280
HopAlong
Racer

HopAlong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Announcement at 6:00 tonight.
So do we think its most likely Sutton? I think he is still linked to the WAU seat from an interview I'd seen a few weeks back, but I don't think I'd be going against the grain by thinking its unlikely?
Old 26 Nov 2019, 13:25 (Ref:3942942)   #1281
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So do we think its most likely Sutton? I think he is still linked to the WAU seat from an interview I'd seen a few weeks back, but I don't think I'd be going against the grain by thinking its unlikely?
Fullwood likely get the second WAU-Car alongside Mostert.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 13:37 (Ref:3942947)   #1282
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I think so. Paul O'Neil retweeted the announcement with an '👀' which is unusual, probably suggesting it's a big signing, which would fit with Ash.

Which, given his links to Supercars, TCR, seems like a bit of a step back.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 13:38 (Ref:3942948)   #1283
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kind of ironic that Duo (former HMS sponsor) pulling out was the reason for Hamilton not completing the season
Old 26 Nov 2019, 14:08 (Ref:3942956)   #1284
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Rokit racing would not be an entity that TOCA would approve to lease a REC surely it would have to go inter team so that TOCA have a comeback
Old 26 Nov 2019, 14:15 (Ref:3942958)   #1285
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Someone posted up a piece from the HMS site concerning the TBL. It's a bit ambiguous in the reason for having to sell the TBL. It mentions loss of sponsorship and loaning the TBL to Motorbase for Nic and mentions Nic not finishing the season.
Then in a fresh paragraph says it resulted in having to sell the TBL.
I think it is just poorly written and gives the wrong impression.
The way I see it, they don't have a major sponsor for 2020 and at the risk of having to just hand the TBL back to TOCA, they have sold it to raise a bit of money. Could it have been bought by Moffat? According to TCT, HMS have been offered a loan TBL if their fortunes change. The bit about Nic not completing the season in their statement could just be a red herring.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 14:32 (Ref:3942961)   #1286
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Shame HMS won't be back, there's no reason why it couldn't have been back on the pace after a season out
Old 26 Nov 2019, 14:44 (Ref:3942963)   #1287
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
The way I see it, they don't have a major sponsor for 2020 and at the risk of having to just hand the TBL back to TOCA, they have sold it to raise a bit of money. Could it have been bought by Moffat? According to TCT, HMS have been offered a loan TBL if their fortunes change. The bit about Nic not completing the season in their statement could just be a red herring.
This is how I understand it too - either sell the TBL and make a few quid back or run the risk of handing it back to TOCA and get nothing.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 15:06 (Ref:3942966)   #1288
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
PMR have a 2020 road going Astra in the workshop so presumably either updating the bodywork to current model or building a third car up? Or both. Probably just the former but unsure why it'd be at PMR instead of going directly to ABS in Lincolnshire.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 15:20 (Ref:3942967)   #1289
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
PMR have a 2020 road going Astra in the workshop so presumably either updating the bodywork to current model or building a third car up? Or both. Probably just the former but unsure why it'd be at PMR instead of going directly to ABS in Lincolnshire.
It's a vauxhall press car. Wouldnt be surprised if that investment JP was on about at the end of last year is from Vauxhall themselves.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 15:30 (Ref:3942968)   #1290
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Someone posted up a piece from the HMS site concerning the TBL. It's a bit ambiguous in the reason for having to sell the TBL. It mentions loss of sponsorship and loaning the TBL to Motorbase for Nic and mentions Nic not finishing the season.
Then in a fresh paragraph says it resulted in having to sell the TBL.
I think it is just poorly written and gives the wrong impression.
So who has the BMR entries?
Old 26 Nov 2019, 15:32 (Ref:3942969)   #1291
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabussa View Post
so Probably no Alfa Romeo (and Rob Austin) in 2020

https://mailchi.mp/08cb3bfe20d2/hand...M3hivaQJtCCPuE
I am so shocked. I never saw this coming.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 15:34 (Ref:3942970)   #1292
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I am so shocked. I never saw this coming.
seriously??
Old 26 Nov 2019, 15:35 (Ref:3942971)   #1293
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Shame HMS won't be back, there's no reason why it couldn't have been back on the pace after a season out
It was NEVER on the pace.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 15:37 (Ref:3942973)   #1294
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
seriously??
Deep sarcasm.

It's more likely that I am in fact Shirley Bassey than HMS were to return.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 15:47 (Ref:3942977)   #1295
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
So who has the BMR entries?
Laser. Expanded to 2 cars and offering the Merc for sale with their existing TBL. Not sure if it's sold yet?
Old 26 Nov 2019, 16:02 (Ref:3942980)   #1296
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
...Shirley Bassey bought it for her BTCC debut.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 16:18 (Ref:3942982)   #1297
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
It was NEVER on the pace.
It was the first ground-up build by a relatively small team, ran as a single car, and didn't have a top level driver to develop it. It got a podium in it's third ever race and and should've gotten more than just one more. I think HMS did very well.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 16:26 (Ref:3942984)   #1298
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
Fullwood likely get the second WAU-Car alongside Mostert.
Is there a clash with the Enduro Cup rounds?
Old 26 Nov 2019, 16:41 (Ref:3942985)   #1299
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
not right.
Quote:
That's the way I heard it too. Even if Rokit had leased the licence, I can't see Motorbase not having paid up any shortfall for the remaining races.
It may have been leased to Motorbase, and not specifically Rokit Racing as an entity.

What I am still not understanding though - and hopefully you might be able to shed some light on it is the specific quote from Belcher:

'with the financial implication which followed after Nic was unable to fulfil his commitment to the BTCC we had to either lose our licence or sell it'

If that quote does not refer to the lease for the TBL being used for the entry under the Rokit Racing banner being paid in full - what does it refer to then?

Two facts are evident:
1) The Rokit Racing entry did not complete the full season.
2) Belcher has explicitly stated that the withdrawal of the Rokit Racing entry had financial implications on HMS Racing.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 17:03 (Ref:3942994)   #1300
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
It may have been leased to Motorbase, and not specifically Rokit Racing as an entity.

What I am still not understanding though - and hopefully you might be able to shed some light on it is the specific quote from Belcher:

'with the financial implication which followed after Nic was unable to fulfil his commitment to the BTCC we had to either lose our licence or sell it'

If that quote does not refer to the lease for the TBL being used for the entry under the Rokit Racing banner being paid in full - what does it refer to then?

Two facts are evident:
1) The Rokit Racing entry did not complete the full season.
2) Belcher has explicitly stated that the withdrawal of the Rokit Racing entry had financial implications on HMS Racing.
Has anybody considered that Austin my be spewing cr@p?. Having read his contribution to Motoring News this year I would have thought it is at least possible .....