Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Apr 2002, 11:46 (Ref:272261)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
EC Question thread

- how many penalties were dished out for all that contact that was shown?

- same points (80) for all three races, even though one was very short?

- lets give Skaife the trophy now, and start up up season 2002b. (not really a question, more like a statement).

- don't laugh at Wayne Gardner- it only encourages him (another statement).

- was that another one of those trick HRT rattle guns buggering up on the Kmart car? I can see some good reasons why other teams wouldn't copy them...

- what was the crowd figure?

- wasn't it good to see Skaife wearing a Dunlop hat on the podium?

- why didn't it rain?

- is Ritter the real deal?

- what's Bright's problem? did he run over (Jeff Gresh's) black cat? After showing all the promise in the world in Adelaide, he hasn't been that impressive... his fault or otherwise...

- 150km formats- yay or nay?
Old 28 Apr 2002, 12:31 (Ref:272280)   #2
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went to the track on Saturday night to watch the 20 min procession that they tried to call a race. Lucky i got a lift and hid in the boot so it didnt cost me anything .

I was standing at turn one and watched the M ake them G o F aster race. Why bother, that is really going to draw the crowds in. One bloke spun 3 times in 12 laps. They had some tyres sitting on the edge of the track on the inside of turn 1, right on the apex for the MGF race, but when the v8's came out they moved them back about a metre from the egde. So v8's are allowed to cut the corners , so Wayne cant whinge about someone putting gravel onto the track as it seems to be allowed

Jnr will be lucky to keep his seat after the performance of Ritter on the weekend.

I wont be on the crowd figure for Saturday, i hid in the boot, but i was still probly counted 4 times

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 28 Apr 2002, 13:10 (Ref:272300)   #3
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TIGHTARS*!!!!!!!
Old 28 Apr 2002, 23:00 (Ref:272926)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't you know Mt? It is expected that every car brings 10,000 unpaying punters to the track....
Old 29 Apr 2002, 11:33 (Ref:273157)   #5
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i was probably counted 4 times on the friday for just going to the go-kart hire track next door, cos i had to use the same gate to get in.
Old 29 Apr 2002, 22:14 (Ref:273725)   #6
White Knight

They don't count Friday because it was free to get in anyway.

Old 30 Apr 2002, 01:50 (Ref:273824)   #7
Mr Squiggle
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Mr Squiggle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jason Bright. Nice bloke shame about the skill level. One thing going in his favour. he needs to do it. A lot of what you see is his fighting spirit although you wouldn't know he had any after talking ot the bloke in teh street!
Greg Ritter. Good showing. Still made (some) mistakes. Junior need not worry.
Can't believe Big Nose won again.
Can't believe The Kid let him.
A standardised race format would be nice. This idea of a different format at every track is getting tiresome. And dishing out the same points for both races was stupid.
The crowd didn't look that big, did it?
Old 30 Apr 2002, 02:10 (Ref:273838)   #8
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think friday was free actualy, although i'm not sure. There were signs all over the place that said $25 entry. I don't think they were prices for sunday, they are usually higher.
Old 30 Apr 2002, 02:30 (Ref:273852)   #9
White Knight

Friday was free. One reason being that to collect tickets would have cost more than what they would have raked in. That was direct from the GM. Also I thought Saturday and Sunday crowds looked pretty impressive and the figures say it is the best crowd since the Triple Challenges. Thats from Eastern Creek not AVESCO. Trying to get out of the joint for a couple of hours would not have been fun.

Old 30 Apr 2002, 11:44 (Ref:274236)   #10
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The official crowd figure was 36,880 I believe for 3 days. I did overhear TC saying, on Saturday, that the crowd was bigger than the Sunday crowd used to be about 5 years ago at EC. Not far off either...

Mr Squiggle, what did Jason do wrong? His engine filled with oil in race 1, which meant he had to come from the back on Sunday. There is a limit to how far the car can move, not to mention the car didn't have the perfect setup either.

Ritter did very well. Was quicker than the other 2 Shell cars in practice.

Crash, it did rain...just not during the races, only early in the morning.

Also, note how the Oakley sunglasses neatly covered the Dunlop logo
Old 30 Apr 2002, 17:19 (Ref:274534)   #11
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
has anyone else noticed that thr RACE hasnt been discussed much? o, thats right everyone fell asleep

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock