Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 5 Mar 2009, 10:56 (Ref:2409425)   #1
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
A1GP - Brands 09

Brands Hatch for the A1?

I havn't been before (for A1, anyway), and was planning on attending the first ever British GP of A1 at Brands, but unfortunately didn't have the money at the time. However, I am looking to attend this year.

Just wondered who'd been, what it was like, and whether it's worth camping the weekend?

I need to fill in the void for World Superbikes which has cruely been taken away Was always a great spectacle there.

Selby
Old 5 Mar 2009, 11:50 (Ref:2409466)   #2
Eircamae86
Rookie

Eircamae86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No but hopefully at Surfers Paradise in Aus in October.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 13:15 (Ref:2409548)   #3
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Perfect thread for Trackside, so I'm moving it there, but whilst answering will say a definite yes!

Surprisingly, I've not made a round in the previous seasons due to various reasons, so am going to put that right this time around
Old 5 Mar 2009, 13:40 (Ref:2409564)   #4
danieljboys
Racer

United Kingdom
Aldershot, Hampshire
danieljboys should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
Brands Hatch for the A1?

I havn't been before (for A1, anyway), and was planning on attending the first ever British GP of A1 at Brands, but unfortunately didn't have the money at the time. However, I am looking to attend this year.

Just wondered who'd been, what it was like, and whether it's worth camping the weekend?

I need to fill in the void for World Superbikes which has cruely been taken away Was always a great spectacle there.

Selby
Its well worth a visit and you can't go wrong at £30 on race day. There's plenty of patriotic support and the support bill in previous years has been worth watching too. For those that can't afford the BGP or don't want the traffic then this is definitely the alternative. Traffic in previous hasn't been too bad (certainly no worse than the queue to get in for the champ car race) and a program at £4 is good value too.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 13:44 (Ref:2409567)   #5
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
That all sounds good to me. I mean, I love Brands. I think it's a fantastic facility and know it well. I was more wondering about the camping for the weekend? Anyone done that? If so, is it worth it? What's the crowd like?

Sorry, alot of questions

Selby
Old 5 Mar 2009, 14:31 (Ref:2409601)   #6
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
What's on the support for the A1 meeting? Also does anyone know if the A1 cars have free practice on the Friday?
Old 5 Mar 2009, 14:38 (Ref:2409610)   #7
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Yeh this would also be some good information

Selby
Old 5 Mar 2009, 14:53 (Ref:2409624)   #8
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the A1 cars have a rookie session on the friday morning and practise in the afternoon, i've been to all the A1 races at Brands and would recommend it. If you go for the weekend I would urge you take a walk round the GP circuit during qualifying.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 20:30 (Ref:2409839)   #9
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
What's on the support for the A1 meeting?
I believe that the support races will be Formula Palmer Audi, Sports 2000, Lotus Elises, Lotus Cup Europe, GT Cup, Historic Formula Junior and Heritage GT.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 22:33 (Ref:2409961)   #10
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
I was more wondering about the camping for the weekend? Anyone done that? If so, is it worth it? What's the crowd like?
Well, I plan to be camping - different part probably, but I'll be there.
General comments though - there is a good atmosphere on the campsites, and it means you can properly relax after (and even during!) the racing without needing to drive after. Plus, can mean a bit of a lie-in before a proper fry-up in the morning...
Old 5 Mar 2009, 23:28 (Ref:2409989)   #11
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We used the campsite back in 2005... no problems, other than some noisy Verstappen fans enjoying a very late night! Good friendly atmos. Always enjoy the meeting, a good chance to see powerful cars loose on the GP circuit. Last time I spotted Danny Watts observing for Team GB at Sheene Curve on the GP loop, funny to think he's now the main driver.
Old 6 Mar 2009, 12:28 (Ref:2410316)   #12
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
I'm gonna try and get along there this year.
Old 12 Mar 2009, 17:35 (Ref:2414396)   #13
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I cant speak from personal experience but i have heard the campsite gets very muddy when the rain falls!

According to the 2009 fixture guide the support races are: Formula palmer Audi, Lotus on track trophy, GT cup, Heritage grand touring car challenge, formula junior and sports 2000.

Hope this can be of some help!
Old 19 Mar 2009, 18:23 (Ref:2419531)   #14
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands hatch View Post
According to the 2009 fixture guide the support races are: Formula palmer Audi, Lotus on track trophy, GT cup, Heritage grand touring car challenge, formula junior and sports 2000.
looks like there might be some variation to what i said!

Ther brands hatch a1gp mini site is now live:

According to that website the support races are:

A1GP World Cup of Motorsport
Formula Palmer Audi
Lotus Cup Europe
GT Cup
FIA Lurani Trophy
Heritage Grand Touring Car Challenge
Sports 2000
Old 13 Apr 2009, 23:35 (Ref:2440106)   #15
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sounds like a good support timetable, I saw the FPAs at Silverstone last year and the racing was excellent. I'll be going along (as a spectator this time) to what will be my first A1GP event, but it will also be my first time at Brands. Really looking forward to it!